Author Topic: Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package  (Read 454114 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
In term of story I agree, Unleashed is better portrayal of Sonic than Colors.
But in gameplay I have to go with Colors.
Wisps do add new element to gameplay compared to werehog mode.

I think Sonic's still sometimes kinda rude.
To Eggman, and other enemies of course.
He loves to mock them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQH0alkZ25U

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Sonic being rude to bad guys is understandable. They're bad guys. Sonic being rude to others is a sometimes thing, often those times they don't take offense to it. But I rarely see Sonic be rude to those who are crying. USually Sonic is the one who tries to cheer them up and assure them he'll save the day. While Sonic did promise he'll help the jade wisp's friends I was still taken aback by the attitude towards it.

How would you feel if your family andf loved ones were kidnapped by terrorist, that you were genuinely upset and to tears about this... and I just yawn in your face?

Offline Berto

Sonic's just impatient, that's all.
And if the guy who yawn in your face could save them, then you'd bear it no matter how annoyed you are.

Offline Mystic Monkey

I guess, but it would be a huge red flag if they are the kind of person who are capable of saving lives but have little interest in how you feel about it.

Like a "I will be a hero because it amuses me", and not in a charming OnePunch Man sort of way.

Offline Berto

Sonic in game is rarely rude, that might be true.
But in comic (Fleetway), he was really that rude and far from charming.
Still make me laugh somehow back then when he acted like that.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Heh yeah, I remember how much of much of a twat he was in StC... Used to be subscribed to it growing up... until they canceled the comic not long before I renewed my subscription... I'm still sore about that.

Offline Berto

Sonic Colours Ultimate’s physical release has been delayed in Europe

“Due to unforeseen logistical issues, all physical editions of Sonic Colours: Ultimate, which include both the standard and keyring edition; will be delayed across all EMEA markets, excluding Australia and New Zealand,” Sega said.
“This does not impact the digital release across all first party platforms. Sega is committed to customer satisfaction and we apologise for this unfortunate delay.”

Article : https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sonic-colours-ultimates-physical-release-has-been-delayed-in-europe/

Offline Mystic Monkey

UK is in the EMEA market.
Figures. ¬_¬

Offline Berto

You could always buy digital version if you really can't wait to play it, which I doubt it of course.  ;)

Offline Mystic Monkey

I doubt I'll buy it at all given it's Sonic Colours.

Offline Berto

Crush 40 Guitarist Jun Senoue Talks The Band's Creation And The Evolution Of Sonic Music

"When we worked on Sonic The Hedgehog 3, the development team was in the suburbs of San Francisco, Calif., and the Sega Sound Team I belonged to was in Tokyo. I never met lead programmer Yuji Naka, lead designer Hirokazu Yasuhara, and Sonic 3 designer and current head of Sonic Team Takashi Iizuka in person during the development process at that time.
It was a unique experience in that era that we sent the DAT tapes by airmail to the development team for their reviewing and received their impressions via fax."

Full interview : https://www.gameinformer.com/interview/2021/08/21/crush-40-guitarist-jun-senoue-talks-the-bands-creation-and-the-evolution-of
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 11:00:21 pm by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

Jun Senoue is practically the song incarnate of Sonic games.

Offline Berto

Jun Senoue is practically the song incarnate of Sonic games.

Agree.
Also I kinda wonder about Dream Comes True.
They made music for Sonic 1 & Sonic 2 and all of those musics are so memorable and cacthy.
Why didn't SEGA hire them again?

Offline Berto

Tune in TOMORROW at 9am Pacific for Sonic Colors: Rise of the Wisps - Part 2!

Source : https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1430577128802639875?s=20