Author Topic: List of TBA (Not yet Finished) Games on SEGA Console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc)  (Read 383694 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
Re: List of TBA (Not yet Finished) Games on SEGA Console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc)
« Reply #436 on: September 01, 2021, 07:29:46 am »
Dracula's castle? Reminds me of my idea for a game a lot similar to it which I called "Dracula's Keep". I mean it's surprisingly a lot like this but my idea was isometric and more survival horror.

Offline Berto

Re: List of TBA (Not yet Finished) Games on SEGA Console (Genesis, Dreamcast, etc)
« Reply #437 on: September 02, 2021, 12:13:12 am »
Dracula's castle? Reminds me of my idea for a game a lot similar to it which I called "Dracula's Keep". I mean it's surprisingly a lot like this but my idea was isometric and more survival horror.

English is not my first language, so if I may ask .. what's "Dracula's Keep" means?
Is it belonging to Dracula? Like treasure or something?

Offline Berto

« Reply #438 on: September 03, 2021, 12:12:18 pm »
Added GG Shinobi Remake for SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88veO4VykEM

It goes without saying that this is an unofficial fan-made game, done purely for non-commercial and educational purposes.
All footage in the game is recorded via the Kega Fusion Megadrive/Genesis emulator. All code was written from scratch by myself, using SGDK.

Source : Pigsy's Retro Game Dev Tutorials Youtube Channel

Offline Berto

« Reply #439 on: September 03, 2021, 12:13:00 pm »
Added Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Remake for SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8WcbBsZSjg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-0JwArVMUw

As stated in the video, this will be more of a "re-imagining" rather than a "remake", as I wanted the game to be a fresh experience for fans of the franchise, not merely an inferior port of the 32-bit original.
It will be more like the 16-bit Castlevanias (Bloodlines, Super Castlevania 4, Rondo of Blood) in design.

Source : Pigsy's Retro Game Dev Tutorials Youtube Channel

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #440 on: September 03, 2021, 12:22:47 pm »
Sega still doing what Playstashan't!
OK, that sounded cooler in my head but not how I written it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #441 on: September 06, 2021, 04:47:17 am »
Added Wonderful Date for SEGA Mega Drive / Genesis

"Short visual novel on sega, with terry trap.
Now it's a demo, with 1 day available."

Download the demo rom here : https://bolon667.itch.io/wonderful-date

Offline Berto

« Reply #442 on: September 06, 2021, 04:55:20 am »
Added Cadillacs And Dinosaurs for SEGA Master System

"I am doing a project of a beat up !
 It's still fine at the beginning, but it already has something to show.
 I don't know how much progress I can make. But I will do what I can. "

Link : https://www.smspower.org/forums/18649-CadillacsAndDinosaursInMasterSystem

Offline Berto

« Reply #443 on: September 06, 2021, 09:53:24 am »
Added Escape from Monster Dimension for SEGA Master System

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvmidMk_0rs

This is an 8 bit shoot em up for the Sega Master System where you are a wizard that's been accidentaly teleported to a hostile dimension.
It has been mostly tested on Emulicious, but should work on most emulators. It may or may not run on real hardware, I think there may be header problems that I haven't fixed yet.

Source : https://www.smspower.org/forums/18653-EscapeFromMonsterDimensionAShootEmUpForTheSegaMasterSystem

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #444 on: September 06, 2021, 01:07:21 pm »
English is not my first language, so if I may ask .. what's "Dracula's Keep" means?
Is it belonging to Dracula? Like treasure or something?
A keep is a fortified tower built in a castle, usually for residence.

My idea for a Dracula game is similar to Dracula's Castle but isometric and with no weapons. You play as Jonathan Harker as you try to escape from Dracula and his three brides that stalk the corridors. Doors can lead to various rooms or other corridors.

The reason why I want to call my game "Dracula's Keep" is because of a play on words. Both to refer to the castle where Jonathan is held and the fact that dracula wants to "keep" Jonathan.

Offline Berto

« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2021, 08:55:00 pm »
A keep is a fortified tower built in a castle, usually for residence.

My idea for a Dracula game is similar to Dracula's Castle but isometric and with no weapons. You play as Jonathan Harker as you try to escape from Dracula and his three brides that stalk the corridors. Doors can lead to various rooms or other corridors.

The reason why I want to call my game "Dracula's Keep" is because of a play on words. Both to refer to the castle where Jonathan is held and the fact that dracula wants to "keep" Jonathan.

I see. So if we had no weapon, does it mean it's a stealth game?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #446 on: September 06, 2021, 09:14:53 pm »
I see. So if we had no weapon, does it mean it's a stealth game?
Yeah the gameplay in mind is a survival horror that can be played with a Master System controller.

You start off with a holy cross and when button 1 is held you can hold it up which can sort of "harm" or at least paralyze vampires but will slow your movement if continued use.

Or you can hang your cross on a door which would make that room inaccessable by vampires (unless it has another entrance) but at the cost of being unarmed.

Perhaps there are two other holy crosses that can be found throughout the game, but there's also lock doors that require keys and perhaps other puzzles that need to be done. But you need to get the Master Key which Dracula keeps in his room in order to leave the castle.
I was gonna make this game as a Master System like game but never got round to it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #447 on: September 08, 2021, 12:11:37 am »
Yeah the gameplay in mind is a survival horror that can be played with a Master System controller.

You start off with a holy cross and when button 1 is held you can hold it up which can sort of "harm" or at least paralyze vampires but will slow your movement if continued use.

Or you can hang your cross on a door which would make that room inaccessable by vampires (unless it has another entrance) but at the cost of being unarmed.

Perhaps there are two other holy crosses that can be found throughout the game, but there's also lock doors that require keys and perhaps other puzzles that need to be done. But you need to get the Master Key which Dracula keeps in his room in order to leave the castle.
I was gonna make this game as a Master System like game but never got round to it.

If it's just "8-bit" look-alike for PC, it probably could be done.
But real isometric view Master System game would be hard to make.
Genesis / Mega Drive would be more likely choice.
The one come to mind for Master System is probably Pac-Mania.

And if not limited to Master System, it's Snake Rattle n Roll for NES.

Offline Berto

« Reply #448 on: September 08, 2021, 03:03:23 am »
Added 'Alone in The Dark' port for SEGA Dreamcast

"While the video attached is 7 years old, Corbin stated a week ago that work on this port has resumed.
So there's a possibility of a release in the future. :) "

Source : https://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14780

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #449 on: September 08, 2021, 11:15:06 am »
If it's just "8-bit" look-alike for PC, it probably could be done.
But real isometric view Master System game would be hard to make.
Genesis / Mega Drive would be more likely choice.
The one come to mind for Master System is probably Pac-Mania.
I was thinking it be similar to the likes of "Haunting with Poulterguy" in isometrics but with wider corridors.