Author Topic: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams  (Read 183160 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2021, 12:58:47 am »
The transformation sequences were awesome though.. on a gory bloody way.

Like a Ben 10 horror sequence.

But I can imagine an Altered Beast TV series, especially by Man of Action who made the original Ben 10 series. Instead of one man who can transform into many beasts, it can be about a group of heroes who each suffer from a form of zoothropy. The main hero could of been a werewolf but obtained the power to transform into an armoured conscious werewolf at will with silver armour empowered by light, that or furnace-like amour giving him the power of fire. The altered beast state is only granted to those regarded as centurions by the gods.

He could meet other centurions, each with elemental powered altered beast forms and use their powers to stop an evil faction of centurions and monsters lead by Neff. Bad guy centurions in mind are Van Vader, Bad Boar, Dark Unicorn and Gory Goat, they all possess human forms but take on their monster forms as altered beasts.

Yes, I prefer if it's a group of heroes, just like SEGA Heroes' version.
So basically "Bad guy centurions" is like ... The Suppression Squad / Anti-Freedom Fighters in the Sonic comic, right?

Offline Berto

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2021, 12:59:36 am »
Project Sekai: Colorful Stage! feat. Hatsune Miku Gets Mini Anime
Petit Seka to stream 10 episodes on YouTube for free

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0zfsqebn7s&t=7914s

The game takes place in Sekai, a world that realizes people's true feelings.
There are many Sekai, and each one's form is based on different emotions.
Virtual singers perform songs by creators in the real world.
The singers change their appearance based on the owner's feelings, and they help the creators discover their true feelings.
Untitled songs are born at the same time as Sekai, but they are silent with no melody or lyrics.
When the owner discovers his or her true feelings, the feelings become a titled song. 

Article : https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-09-26/project-sekai-colorful-stage-feat-hatsune-miku-rhythm-game-gets-mini-anime/.177849

Offline Berto

« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2021, 01:18:20 am »
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- The Hinokami Chronicles | Become a blade that destroys demons! Trailer

Long Version :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlSiBzKk2n8

Short Version :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtVMVhpraVY
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 03:43:26 am by Berto »

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2021, 07:37:02 am »
Yes, I prefer if it's a group of heroes, just like SEGA Heroes' version.
So basically "Bad guy centurions" is like ... The Suppression Squad / Anti-Freedom Fighters in the Sonic comic, right?

More like Desctructix. Simply a villainous faction of centurions that show that the power of the altered beast is not exclusive to the heroes.

I sort got the idea from the latest He-man cartoon where not only He-man is capable of sharing the Power of Greyskull with his friends that grant them their own transformations, but Skeletor has the power of "Havoc" which he embues with his henchmen to empower them the same way Greyskull does for Adam's friends.

I figured, if I were to reboot Altered Beast into TV series I could either go the Ben 10 route and have one hero capable of becoming many, or a group of heroes with individual transformations. And who doesn't love a good anime-esque transformation sequence? And given Neff had bad guys that look like half-man, half-beast (such as Van Vader) then why not make them humans who can turn into their video game counterparts as altered beasts?

Offline Berto

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2021, 08:41:55 pm »
What if the enemies are the other way around?
They are werebeast that's pretending to be human.
When the time to fight, they're changing back to the real forms.

Just like Psycho Rangers.
Probably the coolest enemies in Power Ranger's story ever.
They are not human's transforming into Rangers.
But the other way around, evil rangers pretending to be humans.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2021, 10:34:53 pm »
What if the enemies are the other way around?
They are werebeast that's pretending to be human.
When the time to fight, they're changing back to the real forms.

Just like Psycho Rangers.
Probably the coolest enemies in Power Ranger's story ever.
They are not human's transforming into Rangers.
But the other way around, evil rangers pretending to be humans.

That could also work. I did like the Psycho Rangers and wished Power Rangers used the concept more.

Which would you like more for an altered Beast TV adaption:
  • One protagonist who can become many altered beasts? (Like Ben 10 and his aliens) or a group of protagonists each with their own altered beast form?
  • Set in modern times or ancient roman times like the first game was?
I'm curious because while I would choose a team, I dunno if that deviates from an Altered Beast staple or not and that their should be an individual that can utilize various altered beasts or not.

As for the other question it's whenever it should be modernized or not.

Offline Berto

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2021, 10:45:59 pm »
That could also work. I did like the Psycho Rangers and wished Power Rangers used the concept more.

Which would you like more for an altered Beast TV adaption:
  • One protagonist who can become many altered beasts? (Like Ben 10 and his aliens) or a group of protagonists each with their own altered beast form?
  • Set in modern times or ancient roman times like the first game was?
I'm curious because while I would choose a team, I dunno if that deviates from an Altered Beast staple or not and that their should be an individual that can utilize various altered beasts or not.

As for the other question it's whenever it should be modernized or not.

1. a group of protagonists each with their own altered beast form

Two (or more) is better than one.
Black Widow in Avengers is more interesting than her stand-alone movie.
While I like WW movie, I love to see her interact with other super heroes in Zack Snyder's Justice League movie.

2. ancient roman times

The thing that make Altered Beast memorable is the greek theme too.
There are already many movies of transforming heroes in modern times.
Here's the recent example :

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2021, 10:51:16 pm »
1. a group of protagonists each with their own altered beast form

Two (or more) is better than one.
Black Widow in Avengers is more interesting than her stand-alone movie.
While I like WW movie, I love to see her interact with other super heroes in Zack Snyder's Justice League movie.

2. ancient roman times

The thing that make Altered Beast memorable is the greek theme too.
There are already many movies of transforming heroes in modern times.
Here's the recent example :

What source is that?

I was thinking the Percy JAckson approach. Modern times but still heavily influenced by classical roman religion. Like Zeus chosen a bunch of modern day young adults to be centurions and bestowed them the power of altered beasts.

Offline Berto

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2021, 11:02:47 pm »
What source is that?

Lol.

I was thinking the Percy JAckson approach. Modern times but still heavily influenced by classical roman religion. Like Zeus chosen a bunch of modern day young adults to be centurions and bestowed them the power of altered beasts.

But it would be compared to Percy Jackson then.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2021, 11:07:05 pm »

Lol.

But it would be compared to Percy Jackson then.
Better than be compared to Twilight.  But I'm thinking gods will still be gods and our heroes won't attend some secret school or camp. Just be given abilities and a task.

Kinda like Captain Planet.

The premise could be set in modern day... well, most action adventure kids shows are set in America but given the romans stretched their empire all over the place other than rome then perhaps any of those countries instead. Maybe Britain or France. Maybe it be about a group of heroes who find an ancient greco-roman temple adorned with animal statues. Then Zeus shows up and gives everyone altered beast forms based on the animal statues.  Then the heroes go back to their regular lives but find out there are bad guys out there with altered beast forms of their own and must fight them, though occasionally returning to Zeus temple who acts like a Zordon of the group or something like that.

Alternatively, could take a Gargoyles or Mummies Alive approach and can be about an actual centurion who ends up in modern times. Like Ben 10 he alone possessed the power of transformation and has various altered beasts to become, or he finds a group of modern friends who each unlock an altered beast form because of him. His new friends teach him to be a modern human and in return teaches them to master their altered beast states.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 10:02:26 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2021, 02:45:07 am »
I always wonder about Zeus.
The thing with Zordon, eventhough he's powerful ... he's bodyless.
That's why he needs Rangers.
Zeus on the other hand is powerful and has a body.
Why don't he take the enemies by himself?

Offline Berto

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2021, 02:45:49 am »
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles free update #1 to add playable demons Akaza and Rui

Akaza and Rui are two of six planned free post-launch characters.
The second update will add another two characters, and the third update will add the final two.

Article : https://www.gematsu.com/2021/10/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-the-hinokami-chronicles-free-update-1-to-add-playable-demons-akaza-rui

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2021, 05:38:48 am »
I always wonder about Zeus.
The thing with Zordon, eventhough he's powerful ... he's bodyless.
That's why he needs Rangers.
Zeus on the other hand is powerful and has a body.
Why don't he take the enemies by himself?
Well, if this hypothetical Altered Beast TV show takes place in modern times, then perhaps when a god looses their followers they have less interaction with the mortal world. I mean I dunno how many people still genuinely worship the greco-roman gods.

Plus, what "kind" of Zeus are we on about here? Disney Zeus? LJ Zeus? Because I dunno if historically accurate Zeus would be PC for todays audience.

Offline Berto

« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2021, 08:01:09 pm »
Well, if this hypothetical Altered Beast TV show takes place in modern times, then perhaps when a god looses their followers they have less interaction with the mortal world. I mean I dunno how many people still genuinely worship the greco-roman gods.

Plus, what "kind" of Zeus are we on about here? Disney Zeus? LJ Zeus? Because I dunno if historically accurate Zeus would be PC for todays audience.

DC Comic version & Marvel Comic Version of Zeus are the ones of familiar with..
since I grew up with them.
Very strong, wise, but still egocentric,
but never went too far by brutally murder people out of anger.
Still very strong in modern days.

DC version :

Marvel version :

Offline Berto

« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2021, 08:05:35 pm »
Adult Swim releases Shenmue the Animation First Look Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZglZdwRw3XA

According to some interviews, Shenmue the Animation will also use unused script ideas Yu Suzuki had that never made it into the Dreamcast originals.
This will give older fans a reason to tune into the show when it finally airs sometime in 2022. 

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2021/10/07/adult-swim-releases-shenmue-the-animation-first-look-trailer/