Author Topic: SEGA Mobile Games - Something To Do With Your Hands That Won't Make You Go Blind  (Read 250237 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
I guess that's also the cause. I know that feeling... (I'll never get to see the Golden Axe stage production that was exclusively in Japan.)

DVD of that stage play could be imported online.
But there is no English subtitle, so what's the point if I can't understand any of it.

Link : https://www.suruga-ya.com/en/product/151113220

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
DVD of that stage play could be imported online.
But there is no English subtitle, so what's the point if I can't understand any of it.

Link : https://www.suruga-ya.com/en/product/151113220
Would love to watch it on YouTube with english captions but unlikely to happen.

Offline Berto

Would love to watch it on YouTube with english captions but unlikely to happen.

Indeed. If it exist, it's gonna get DMCA Takedown Notice because the DVD was still on sale.
Buying DVD and learning Japanese is the only way to go now.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Indeed. If it exist, it's gonna get DMCA Takedown Notice because the DVD was still on sale.
Buying DVD and learning Japanese is the only way to go now.
Darn, yet you can find theatre productions of Resident Evil and even Puyo Puyo on YouTube with captions.

Offline Berto

Darn, yet you can find theatre productions of Resident Evil and even Puyo Puyo on YouTube with captions.

More niche, more hard to get.
Guess Golden Axe is fall into niche category now.

Offline Mystic Monkey

More niche, more hard to get.
Guess Golden Axe is fall into niche category now.
This is why on the other thread I'd like to make fanfilms on Sega games despite the fact I know it's not my forté. Because even though there are people out there capable of making Resident Evil fan films and produce plenty of them, they just won't make a House of the Dead fanfilm.

I'm not angry, jealous or anything pathetic towards those producers, they do what they love and that's what matters and I respect the effort they put into their projects. It's just I would love to see such projects given to Sega's old IPs because as Sega fans we see the potential in them. But unless we get as good as them no one's gonna make it. Even I doubt Sega and/or Paramount will bother with a "Sega Cinematic Universe" even if there's probably enough buzz around for them to get word of it.

Anyway, not to derail, it's just how I feel about it. I'm the sort of person who "want's things to exist" in the world but believe "if no one else will do it then I must do it."
The thing is ... this game is supposed to be for Japan market only (and Asia if it's well received).
That's why it's being announced at Tokyo Game Show.
That's why the trailer is in Japanese.
That's why the website is in Japanese.
Mobile market is big thing in Japan and Asia, choosing mobile as a platform is normal thing to do.

But its youtube is full of angry english comment.
Why? Because many western gamesite put the trailer in their article.
And they hyped it before as if SEGA was gonna announcing something big for all people over the world while it's just a Japan exclusive interview.
When they got none of they wanted, they click the dislike for a trailer that's not supposed for them.

I kinda feel bad for the developer of the game.
They knew very well they're going to make a mobile game for Japan market.
They don't have to put up with angry comments from another countries.
I guess that's also the cause. I know that feeling. freemium mobile games may not be my thing but usually it's because I can't get them on my phone. Thus I missed out on Sonic Runners and Sega Heroes. What sucked is Demiurge has ported some of it's puzzle games to Steam, but they let Sega Heroes die.

Offline Berto

This is why on the other thread I'd like to make fanfilms on Sega games despite the fact I know it's not my forté. Because even though there are people out there capable of making Resident Evil fan films and produce plenty of them, they just won't make a House of the Dead fanfilm.

I'm not angry, jealous or anything pathetic towards those producers, they do what they love and that's what matters and I respect the effort they put into their projects. It's just I would love to see such projects given to Sega's old IPs because as Sega fans we see the potential in them. But unless we get as good as them no one's gonna make it. Even I doubt Sega and/or Paramount will bother with a "Sega Cinematic Universe" even if there's probably enough buzz around for them to get word of it.

Yes, someone has to start something.
Shenmue 3 was happened because the fans were pretty vocal about it.

Anyway, not to derail, it's just how I feel about it. I'm the sort of person who "want's things to exist" in the world but believe "if no one else will do it then I must do it."I guess that's also the cause. I know that feeling. freemium mobile games may not be my thing but usually it's because I can't get them on my phone. Thus I missed out on Sonic Runners and Sega Heroes. What sucked is Demiurge has ported some of it's puzzle games to Steam, but they let Sega Heroes die.

This was just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt :
There are too many restriction and direction from SEGA of Japan about that game.
For example : Demiurge wanted to use characters from Shining Force, but SEGA said no, use from Chuhu Rocket instead.
Why? To promote Chuchu Rocket Universe iOS game.
They have more freedom from Marvel.
That's why they still continue worked on Marvel Puzzle Quest, and happily stopped SEGA Heroes when they got the chance.
I dunno whether it's true or not but it's kinda make sense.

Kinda shame since SEGA Heroes is probably the best puzzle battle game I've ever played.
Demiurge has used their experience from Marvel Puzzle Quest (which was already good) and make it perfect in SEGA Heroes.
The downside of digital only game.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yes, someone has to start something.
Shenmue 3 was happened because the fans were pretty vocal about it.
Are people vocal about a Sega Cinematic Universe yet? It's kind of hard to tell. It's why I would like to make teasers to get a buzz for them going.
This was just a rumour so take it with a grain of salt :
There are too many restriction and direction from SEGA of Japan about that game.
For example : Demiurge wanted to use characters from Shining Force, but SEGA said no, use from Chuhu Rocket instead.
Why? To promote Chuchu Rocket Universe iOS game.
They have more freedom from Marvel.
That's why they still continue worked on Marvel Puzzle Quest, and happily stopped SEGA Heroes when they got the chance.
I dunno whether it's true or not but it's kinda make sense.

Kinda shame since SEGA Heroes is probably the best puzzle battle game I've ever played.
Demiurge has used their experience from Marvel Puzzle Quest (which was already good) and make it perfect in SEGA Heroes.
The downside of digital only game.
So Sega accidentally strangled their own game... again. Why does this seeems like a reoccuring thing in one way or another? Sega enforcing strict deadlines, development hells and mandates which burn out the game.

Offline Berto

Nintendo is also strict, but their game aren't as much as SEGA so may be less ones to manage.

Offline Berto

Sonic Co-Creator Yuji Naka is Making Mobile Games

“Thank you for your birthday message, recently I’ve started studying programs again, and I’m making a simple game for smartphones with Unity.
It’s not a big deal because it’s made by one person, but programming for making games is fun.
I hope you can play the app.”

Source : https://twitter.com/nakayuji/status/1438819651165642755

Offline Berto

Cookie Run: Kingdom's Epic Crossover with Sonic the Hedgehog! Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN6x7sJ1DX0

Cookie Run: Kingdom - Sonic Crossover Event Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_1o-bLhiVk

Offline Mystic Monkey

So this version of Sonic in the crossover is called "Sonic Cookie"? Kinda dissapointed his eyes aren't askew like the icecream.

Offline Berto

So this version of Sonic in the crossover is called "Sonic Cookie"? Kinda dissapointed his eyes aren't askew like the icecream.

May be the design was like that before, but SEGA said no.  ::)

Offline Berto

Sega / Atlus announces TGS 2021 Online lineup, schedule

October 2 (English, Japanese Part 1 / Part 2)
18:00 to 18:10 – #LOVE_SEGA Talk – We will be presenting your #LOVE_SEGA posts and comments here! Make sure to send us your posts that show off your love of Sega / Atlus games and characters, as well as any thoughts about our program!
18:10 to 18:30 – Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles – Description coming soon.
18:40 to 19:00 – ...

Full schedule : https://www.gematsu.com/2021/09/sega-atlus-announces-tgs-2021-online-lineup-schedule

Offline Berto

HATSUNE MIKU: COLORFUL STAGE! (Mobile) - 3DMV Tell Your World

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2fRMQUxnyw