Author Topic: Sega Rally 2 - Model 3 arcade emulation takes a big step forward  (Read 8024 times)

Offline parallaxscroll

• Total Meseta: 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GRsPQyaHro

Be sure to switch to 720p to get 60fps.

Supermodel emulator is being updated. A work in progress, but it's playable and we can forget the mediocre ports.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Re: Sega Rally 2 - Model 3 arcade emulation takes a big step forward
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2016, 05:27:06 pm »
Glad to see the emulation progressing! But I have to say, I think the DC port is quite good.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2016, 05:59:32 pm »
Star wars Trilogy Arcade and some Lost world and I'll pretty much never leave my room.

Offline ElkPlaysAndPaints

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 10:28:59 pm »
I tried this emulator before. It's nice it's still being worked on, but it's frusterating how slow the development is, since most games are far from playable, including The Lost World and SCUD Race. Nice to finally see Sega Rally 2 Arcade in action after being so used to the PC version though, which I know is based on the Dreamcast port.

Offline OriginalName

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:54 pm »
!!! I thought that Supermodel development had been abandoned entirely! I was just lamenting not being able to play the real Virtua Fighter 3 earlier today, and this gives me hope that we're that one step closer to playing that game without Taka-Arashi's face bursting open into a neon dance rave explosion of teeth and eyeballs and technicolor laser lights.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 03:16:23 pm by OriginalName »

Offline OriginalName

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2016, 07:58:23 pm »
Oh my God, I tried it and VIRTUA FIGHTER 3 IS MASSIVELY IMPROVED. A few little environmental glitches here and there, but it's to the point that it's fully playable. This is a gaming holy grail to me -- Fighters Megamix had my favorite control scheme of all time, and properly playing the game that that control scheme was based off of in its full glory is just mind blowing to me. Thank you SO MUCH for posting this. I might never have known otherwise. You've really made my day and my year!  ;-D

Offline parallaxscroll

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 08:51:35 pm »
Can you recommend me a set of PC specs (CPU / GPU)  that will run Supermodel at 60fps, on a budget?

I understand Supermodel doesn't work too well with AMD Radeon cards, Nvidia GeForce is the way to go.

Would be much appreciated.

Offline lorde

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2022, 01:48:40 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GRsPQyaHrowordle

Be sure to switch to 720p to get 60fps.

Supermodel emulator is being updated. A work in progress, but it's playable and we can forget the mediocre ports.
I can't watch the video.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23

Offline christabelselina

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2022, 10:48:27 pm »

It's great that this emulator is still being worked on. This is what I've been looking forward to for a long time

geometry dash lite