Author Topic: SEGA Rhythm Games - Up Down Up Down Chu Chu Chu  (Read 187117 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: SEGA Rhythm Games - Up Down Up Down Chu Chu Chu
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2021, 01:13:57 am »
Ninjala X Sonic the Hedgehog Collab available on September 23rd, 2020

http://segabits.com/blog/2020/09/10/ninjala-x-sonic-the-hedgehog-collab-available-on-september-23rd/

Ninjala's Latest Crossover Welcomes Virtual Superstar Hatsune Miku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9QragTywao

GungHo Online Entertainment has announced that Hatsune Miku, global star of the virtual world, will soon be coming to Ninjala.
She arrives in-game as part of her Magical Mirai 2021 tour, as revealed in Ninjala's latest dev diary.
The event begins on 6th October and will run for an entire month, bringing music, outfits and more 

Article : https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/09/ninjalas_latest_crossover_welcomes_virtual_superstar_hatsune_miku

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2021, 07:57:44 am »
I don't have a Switch or Ninjala... but will admit if they did more Sonic stuff I'd be tempted to get it more.

But the only reason why I haven't bothered with a Switch (or an XBox X/S or PS5) is because no Sonic exclusives.

Offline Berto

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2021, 09:21:33 am »
Super Smash Bros Ultimate, SEGA AGES Sonic The Hedgehog 1, & SEGA AGES Sonic The Hedgehog 2 were not counted as Sonic exclusives?

But yeah, even 3DS has a lot more of Sonic exclusives.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2021, 09:50:14 am »
I've already got Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 for various consoles and Steam. Unless Sonic Origins has "Sonic World" from Sonic Jam then I'm not gonna bother.

And while Smash Bros Ultimate has Sonic, maybe if they introduce Dr. Eggman as a fighter or Metal Sonic as an echo to Sonic then perhaps I'll be more inclined to get a Switch over it. But I haven't played a console game in years so I don't see the point in getting new XBoxes, Playstations or Nintendo consoles if I'll rarely touch 'em.

The only reason I would would be if there was a console exclusive. Like a new Sonic storybook game exclusively for the Switch.

Offline Berto

« Reply #169 on: September 04, 2021, 10:19:42 am »
I've already got Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2 for various consoles and Steam. Unless Sonic Origins has "Sonic World" from Sonic Jam then I'm not gonna bother.

And while Smash Bros Ultimate has Sonic, maybe if they introduce Dr. Eggman as a fighter or Metal Sonic as an echo to Sonic then perhaps I'll be more inclined to get a Switch over it. But I haven't played a console game in years so I don't see the point in getting new XBoxes, Playstations or Nintendo consoles if I'll rarely touch 'em.

The only reason I would would be if there was a console exclusive. Like a new Sonic storybook game exclusively for the Switch.

I think Sonic Origins will have better Sonic 1 port since according to rumour we could play as Tails and Knuckles there.
Just like in android/iOS version. Same things to Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

Sonic in Super Smash Bros Ultimate is really fun to play.
He's very fast, faster than any characters in the game.
Nintendo really did him justice here, capture his essence right.
Still I prefer 3DS/Wii U version since he was stronger there,
his Super Sonic form could even knock enemies many times.
He's kinda got nerfed in Ultimate.

Only one slot character left in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
I do hope it will be Eggman or Tails or Shadow.
Cloud and Ryu already got their rival, why not Sonic.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #170 on: September 04, 2021, 10:28:36 am »
I think Sonic Origins will have better Sonic 1 port since according to rumour we could play as Tails and Knuckles there.
Just like in android/iOS version. Same things to Sonic 2 and Sonic CD.

Sonic in Super Smash Bros Ultimate is really fun to play.
He's very fast, faster than any characters in the game.
Nintendo really did him justice here, capture his essence right.
Still I prefer 3DS/Wii U version since he was stronger there,
his Super Sonic form could even knock enemies many times.
He's kinda got nerfed in Ultimate.

Only one slot character left in Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
I do hope it will be Eggman or Tails or Shadow.
Cloud and Ryu already got their rival, why not Sonic.
If it's Eggman or any Sonic character then that be my decision to buy a Switch over it.

But the reason why I am reluctant to buy new consoles is two reasons:
  • I don't want to buy a brand new console just for the three games that  like. So far I only have three games that interest me: Smash Bros, Eevee and Sword and Shield, but given the ewviews over Sword and Shield I might remove that. Incidentally I don't want to spend over £100 on a console for just three games that interest me. Same for PlayStation 4, I never got one because only three games in total interested me.
  • I don't want to buy a brand new console only for Sony or Nintendo to announce the next console in the series after. It's embarrasing. It's especially annoying when Playstation releases a "Pro" console which is supposidly a better version of the current console. So I can either spend a lot of money buying the latest console, or I can wait until latest console goes cheaper in price in which likely a year after getting latest console the Switch 2 or PlayStation 6 will hit the market.
And to be fair, I'm not that much of a PC gamer these days. Yes I still play Sega games and there are Sega games I've been meaning to get round to play such as Shenmue I-III but I never get round to it. But buying PC games is a cheaper alternative than buying a console to play an exclusive game on it.

Offline Berto

« Reply #171 on: September 04, 2021, 08:37:20 pm »
I'm myself more a handheld gamer.
I pick Switch because I could play it anywhere.
But my main system probably is mobile / smartphone.
I could just start it right away in seconds.

Used to play 5 games every day in mobile (for daily quest at least) :
- Sonic at Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
- Monster Super League
- SEGA Heroes (the best one)
- Marvel Puzzle Quest
- Idola Phantasy Star Saga
But due to workload, now I only play 1 game : Idola.

Tempted to try Project Sekai / Hatsune Miku: Colourful Stage too, but the fast paced gameplay relying on all fingers seems kinda too difficult for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzs0hgLckv4

I have a PC too, but after pandemic ... usually my kids are always using it (for online school and playing Minecraft and Roblox) so I never had a chance to touch it for a long time too.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #172 on: September 05, 2021, 06:21:49 am »
I would like to get back into gaming more, but I rarely find games that make me REALLY WANT TO PLAY! Plus I never get round to actually making games like I always wanted to. I imagine I would of had a comfortable, respectable job with Sega by now or at least an independant indie game company of my own.

Offline Berto

« Reply #173 on: September 09, 2021, 12:40:37 am »
I would like to get back into gaming more, but I rarely find games that make me REALLY WANT TO PLAY! Plus I never get round to actually making games like I always wanted to. I imagine I would of had a comfortable, respectable job with Sega by now or at least an independant indie game company of my own.

Well.. we are from generation that started experiencing video games in early days.
Back when gaming was still very limited in technology and popularity.
From pixels to polygon to VR.
We've experienced too many things..
Nothing's really amuses us now.
I think that's understandable.

Offline Berto

« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2021, 12:41:33 am »
The Only SEGA Game ever released for PS1 : MiniMoni. Shakatto Tambourine! Dapyon!

A spiritual successor to the arcade maracas rhythm classic Samba de Amigo, but with a tambourine.
Shakatto Tambourine! was an arcade (NAOMI) game, which got a sequel revolving around idol group Mini-Moni, released only for the PlayStation.

Link : https://segaretro.org/MiniMoni._Shakatto_Tambourine!_Dapyon!

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #175 on: September 09, 2021, 09:19:29 am »
Well.. we are from generation that started experiencing video games in early days.
Back when gaming was still very limited in technology and popularity.
From pixels to polygon to VR.
We've experienced too many things..
Nothing's really amuses us now.
I think that's understandable.
True, it be nice to recapture that spirit of wonder for video games. It would be nice to feel more motivated to both play games and to put more effort into my Unity projects.

Offline Berto

« Reply #176 on: September 16, 2021, 12:29:30 am »
Playing as Sonic, Tails, Kiryu, & Beat in Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zoFDxzD1Rc

Offline Berto

« Reply #177 on: September 16, 2021, 02:56:53 am »
SEGA Has Announced "maimai Deluxe UNiVERSE"
Release date : September 16, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAxzFfaBepI

SEGA Co., Ltd. will upgrade the arcade music game "maimai deluxe" to "maimai deluxe UNiVERSE" from September 16, 2021 (Thursday).
In the new version, popular songs will be newly recorded, and many gorgeous collaborations will be carried out.
Please enjoy "maimai deluxe UNiVERSE" with new elements.

Link : https://sega.jp/topics/210916_5/

Offline Berto

« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2021, 12:02:40 am »
maimai Deluxe UNiVERSE - Lia=Fail / Team Grimoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY7YPgfWq8I

Offline Berto

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2021, 02:57:40 am »
Project Sekai Colorful Stage - Meteor Pulse / Leo / need × MEIKO