Author Topic: Amusements For All !!! - JOYPOLIS, SEGA Amusement, Arcade Centers, etc Thread  (Read 49676 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Sega Park Southampton - 27 pictures through the years

It may not have been as big as SegaWorld in London’s Trocadero, yet Southampton’s much-loved equivalent was around for a relatively long time.
Youngsters of the time would save up their precious pocket money or hard-earned newspaper delivery wages to pump shiny gold nuggets into cabinets with dazzling lights, numerous buttons and annoying sounds.
Driving games included the multiplayer fun of Daytona USA to the more solitary but equally as addictive Crazy Taxi.

Article : https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/23365295.sega-park-southampton---pictures-years/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
I wish I could of gone to the Sega venues in UK while I had the chance. Never got to go to Sega World London.

Offline Berto

I wish I could of gone to the Sega venues in UK while I had the chance. Never got to go to Sega World London.

There's also SS Mega World in Indonesia that's also already closed now.
They used coin with Sonic pic and SEGA logo.
I never had a chance to go there eventhough I had one of the coins.

Offline Berto

Crater Raiders | Sega Amusements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yrIqy2djmQ

Crater Raiders puts the fun back into the simple crane.
With a unique space-themed cabinet and 3D alien characters, this game is sure to be a hit with the young ones. Just watch as players guide a group of aliens to dig up precious treasure from the crater!

Find out more here: https://segaarcade.com/game/crater-raiders

Offline Mystic Monkey

There's also SS Mega World in Indonesia that's also already closed now.
They used coin with Sonic pic and SEGA logo.
I never had a chance to go there eventhough I had one of the coins.

Just as Joypolis is the capital Sega World of Japan, there should be major Sega Worlds for America and Europe... and maybe Britain too despite the fact UK is no longer pat of the EU but Sega of Europe is still in London.

Offline Berto

Just as Joypolis is the capital Sega World of Japan, there should be major Sega Worlds for America and Europe... and maybe Britain too despite the fact UK is no longer pat of the EU but Sega of Europe is still in London.

Well, too bad SEGA Europe's focus is Steam games.
Although it's a good thing too since they succeeded in convincing SOJ to put Yakuza and Persona games in Steam.

Offline Mystic Monkey

Well, too bad SEGA Europe's focus is Steam games.
Although it's a good thing too since they succeeded in convincing SOJ to put Yakuza and Persona games in Steam.

That's good, these games will be more available international than just Europe.

Offline Berto

That's good, these games will be more available international than just Europe.

Yeah, and most of games from their studio (Total War, Company of Heroes, Footbal Manager, Two Point Hospital, Endless series, etc plus port of SEGA/Atlus console games) were sold most on Steam so I understand if their focus is Steam.

Offline Berto

Jumanji Launch Trailer | Sega Amusements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKUHhb7qCI0

Jump into the rich fantasy world of Jumanji. A brand-new, four-player, skill-based ticket redemption game that brings the multibillion-dollar blockbuster film franchise to the amusements market for the very first time. The twelve minigames are carefully re-created based on iconic scenes from the films and feature authentic movie audio, thus making Jumanji immensely immersive, and a lot of fun.

Players take on the role as one of the film’s main characters to solve the entertaining and exciting games. To win the super ticket bonus, players must use quick-thinking and quicker reflexes to climb the Jaguar statue and save Jumanji. The gameplay is intuitive and entertaining thanks to the unique controller that switches between free-spin and ratchet-spin, depending on the game being played.

The lush jungle-themed cabinet features a dazzling screen surround, fully lit Jumanji gameboard that tracks player’s progress and the huge marquee featuring the film characters draws players to the cabinet.

Find out more here: https://segaarcade.com/game/jumanji

Offline Mystic Monkey

Yeah, and most of games from their studio (Total War, Company of Heroes, Footbal Manager, Two Point Hospital, Endless series, etc plus port of SEGA/Atlus console games) were sold most on Steam so I understand if their focus is Steam.
I'd say get more Sega games more accessible to play! Be nice if the Sega 3D Ages remakes were also available on Steam.
Jumanji Launch Trailer | Sega Amusements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKUHhb7qCI0

Find out more here: https://segaarcade.com/game/jumanji
In the jungle you must wait until the slots reach 777!

Offline Berto

I'd say get more Sega games more accessible to play! Be nice if the Sega 3D Ages remakes were also available on Steam.

Without the 3D function, 3D Classic game series would lose its best features.
SEGA Ages series probably, but sales weren't as good as 3D Classic game series, so they just abandoned them now.

In the jungle you must wait until the slots reach 777!

Thankfully this is not a slot game.
Just a fun multiplayer arcade game to play with friends and family
(and usually not that fun if we are playing it alone).

Offline Mystic Monkey

Without the 3D function, 3D Classic game series would lose its best features.
SEGA Ages series probably, but sales weren't as good as 3D Classic game series, so they just abandoned them now.
But more classic Sega games would be nice. On Steam I have SEGA Mega Drive Classics but Sega hasn't updated them in awhile. Just it would be nice if they included more games, or consoles other than the Mega Drive etc.
Thankfully this is not a slot game.
Just a fun multiplayer arcade game to play with friends and family
(and usually not that fun if we are playing it alone).

I see, so like a party arcade game sort of thing?

Offline Berto

But more classic Sega games would be nice. On Steam I have SEGA Mega Drive Classics but Sega hasn't updated them in awhile. Just it would be nice if they included more games, or consoles other than the Mega Drive etc.

They did update it last year .... in worse way ... by removing Sonic 1,2,3&K from the compilation when Sonic origins released.
Thankfully the update only affects new buyers, not for the one who has purchased it.

I see, so like a party arcade game sort of thing?

Yes, kinda like Wii Party or Sega Superstars Eyetoy.
It's kinda silly if we're playing it alone since it's in public, not in our house.

Offline Mystic Monkey

They did update it last year .... in worse way ... by removing Sonic 1,2,3&K from the compilation when Sonic origins released.
Thankfully the update only affects new buyers, not for the one who has purchased it.

I can sorta understand given Sonic Origins... but still be nice if they expanded Sega Mega Drive Classics. Especially given Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't work properly for me any more so making a "Sega Dreamcast Classics" that maintain former Dreamcast games would be great.
Yes, kinda like Wii Party or Sega Superstars Eyetoy.
It's kinda silly if we're playing it alone since it's in public, not in our house.
True... unless there;s online play. In which case I wouldn't mind playing with strangers.

Offline Berto

I can sorta understand given Sonic Origins... but still be nice if they expanded Sega Mega Drive Classics.
Especially given Sonic Adventure 2 doesn't work properly for me any more so making a "Sega Dreamcast Classics" that maintain former Dreamcast games would be great.

Is there still any Sega Mega Drive game that you wanted to play?
That's made by SEGA of course, not by third party like Earthworm Jim, Mortal Kombat, or Street Fighter II?

True... unless there;s online play. In which case I wouldn't mind playing with strangers.

Arcade games rarely have online play.
Beating strangers eyes to eyes are what makes it fun.
Online function in Arcade usually just to keep your highest scores, characters collected, save point, or customized characters you've made.