Author Topic: BINARY DOMAIN Discussion  (Read 35091 times)

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
Re: Yakuza team new title!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 10:52:54 am »
Too bad you didn't even know the game existed until now, so much for your "visionary" credibility.

As far as i'm concerned the only FPS /squad based game i wanna play is ALIENS CM but it seems everything but that is getting released ahead of it.
Oh well back to VANQUISH.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 10:57:29 am »
Oh I think I knew 'what it was the be Human' quite a long time ago.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 11:12:24 am »
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Like you knew about Val before Storm? How sad you've become.

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 12:35:36 pm »
actually no one can judge the quality of the game from this video. (or cut-scene)
the two highlighted features of the game based on Nagoshi's Interview are the Drama and the gameplay , praising the AI System to be innovative and top level.
this video doesn't show any of these points.

but yeah while the game engine is quite nice and personally i like the Robots designs , the human characters are awfully generic alongside bad dialog and voice acting, and the whole fight cut-scene was bad, i don't know why they made this video in the first place! it doesn't give the impression they wanted!

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 01:17:58 pm »
I wish the writing was purposely over the top, this just seems like what Mang said by another Japanese developer trying waaaaay too hard to make something seem like it was not made in Japan and failing really bad at it.

I am nowhere near excited right now, but I still have a lot of faith in the developer to make a really great game. Yakuza did not really appeal to me at first either, now it is one of my favorite series SEGA ever made...

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »
Quote from: "ROJM"
Quote from: "Team Andromeda"
Like you knew about Val before Storm? How sad you've become.

Oh give it a rest . Val talk started back in 2006 When it  was then classed as SEGA surprise game,  I'm sure you remember it, you even PM me  on asking  for info on it... where I Seem to remember a person called Goonboy Republic expressing views on the news on a gaming forum Long before SEGA Bits or SEGA nerds  were ever started so please spare the me Storm load of tosh.

And the 'visionary' game was to be made By Ueda-san, sadly put on the back burner to cut costs, Not the 3rd person shooter from Nagoshi about 'what it's like to be Human'

Now I rather talk about the game
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 01:42:41 pm »
Quote from: "Sharky"
Although it is no worse then what the West has been doing for years with characters like Nathan Drake, Master Cheif, Modern Warfare cast, Sam Fisher etc...

Well I can't comment on Nathan Drake since i haven't played the games, the Modern Warfare cast is purposely meant to be 'regular soldiers', so they aren't really meant to be unique or outstanding. As for Master Chief, and Sam Fisher though, I don't think they are really bad characters at all.

Sam Fisher in particular I think is a great character, he has an immediately recognisable and unique look thanks to his night vision goggles (Even his movements in game are really stylised and recognisable) and he actually has a really great dry and dark sense of humour throughout the series. I know you haven't played the games, so I can see why first impressions would lead you to think otherwise, but he's really quite an excellent character, one of my favourties from the last two generations of games.

Aaaaanyway, my Splinter Cell defence force notwithstanding, I don't mean to say the GAME will be bad, but I thought the trailer was horrible is all. As you and Aki-at said, the last bit was by far the best, it's a shame it was preceded by really dull set pieces that we've all seen before and really bad dialogue.

While we will all be following the game because we know who is making it and have faith the gameplay might be good, I get the feeling 90% of people will be turned off this immediately and ignore it.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 02:03:10 pm »
I think the best thing they have going for it is that it is multi-lingual, people from different geographical locations will speak there native language with there own people and foreign language with foreigners.

I communicate in English at this forum, at Home I speak Hindko, at university I speak Urdu, and at the Clinic I speak whatever native language the Client/Patient wishes to communicate in. I would like games to do that and I think this one will I just hope they don't rush it and take their time with it.

Offline Team Andromeda

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 02:14:15 pm »
Quote from: "MadeManG74"
Quote from: "Sharky"
Although it is no worse then what the West has been doing for years with characters like Nathan Drake, Master Cheif, Modern Warfare cast, Sam Fisher etc...

Nathan Drake is one of the best characters ever created for a Videogame, in fact the whole cast to the series is perfectly realised and voiced. Mass Effect and the likes of Heavy Rain , Half Life , God Of War (the 1st game) all have brilliant realised characters and voices , then again so does Yakuza, Panzer Dragoon ECT

The game isn't going up against any of them, but Gear of War, Vanquished . So the Game engine Tech, AI and the action really need to be best SOJ can produce ,or its going to get killed  

I like the look of the robot and the bosses, and quite like the setting . Ok its borrows from films like I-Robot or even games likes Project Eden but SEGA always borrowed from films and other games .
As long as the blend is good,the tech and AI the best SEGA can do,  and the action no stop it could be a winner
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: BINARY DOMAIN Discussion
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 02:55:37 pm »
Yo F-D_M, I changed the topic title to BINARY DOMAIN Discussion. Now it is the official topic of the game, and easier for people to find on the forum list. :)

Gotta say, I'm warming to the game. I like the A.I. (the Steven Spielberg film) feel of the robots, especially the presumably android woman at the end of the trailer. Or maybe she has prosthetic robot legs?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 04:45:37 pm »
Yeah, Sharky don't know why you are saying its like "Nathan Drake" you should actually play the games before insulting a series.

Offline cube_b3

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 08:53:46 pm »
Quote from: "Barry the Nomad"
Gotta say, I'm warming to the game. I like the A.I. (the Steven Spielberg film) feel of the robots, especially the presumably android woman at the end of the trailer. Or maybe she has prosthetic robot legs?

Yeah that's what went through my head, but prosthetics apparently exceeded her waist, and I was like this is too much.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 11:12:01 pm »
Quote from: "George"
Yeah, Sharky don't know why you are saying its like "Nathan Drake" you should actually play the games before insulting a series.

But I'm not talking about the character as in personality... or what ever.

I'm talking about the way he looks... his face and clothes. It's just another '30-something white male'.

Oh and Mademan I was talking about Sam Fisher in the latest one with out his traditional suit. (He might get it later on but I didn't play it long enough to find out.)
Made by SEGA

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 11:30:30 pm »
You mean, the 'brown hair, white male' that about 80% of the Western population looks like?

I think its done this way because most people want to picture themselves as the roll or most designers look like that. I know Nathan Drake sort of looks like his voice actor.

The character that looks alike like their 'Uncharted Character' is Elena

It is like saying "Why does Ryo, Akira, Kazuma and Segata have the same hair, SEGA IS NOT ORGINAL" Just what Asian people look like.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2010, 01:40:07 am »
If you are talking purely about appearances, then it's a bit unfair to judge games set in the real world for having characters that look like normal people. If Nathan Drake and Sam Fisher are 'generic' then as George said, so are Ryo Hazuka, Akira Yuki and Kazuma Kiryu.

The problem with the trailer wasn't so much the character's appearances as their general behaviour/dialogue and the set pieces/setting they were in which came off as really bland or 'try hard' to me.

As I said though, I'm willing to give it a chacne since the gameplay might shine through.