Author Topic: Game Player's - Sega Genesis Game Of The Month (June 1990) HERZOG ZWEI  (Read 2713 times)

Offline parallaxscroll

• Total Meseta: 1

Leading up to that, the month before, we had Game Player's first look at Herzog Zwei in their May 1990 issue.

Then the main article in their June issue, where they awarded it Sega Genesis game of the month and wrote a kick-ass intro.

That article actually sold me on Herzog Zwei.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
Nice scans! I have never really learned how to play Herzog Zwei very well. It seems like a really deep game.

As for Game Player's Magazine, it was cool! I still have the first five issues.

Offline parallaxscroll

• Total Meseta: 1
I learned to play Herzog Zwei during the summer and fall of 1990. My younger brother learned also, and we had some epic 2-player battles (split-screen of course). 

As Sega Genesis fans, we always boasted about the 68000 processor's speed (especially with Sonic the Hedgehog and 'Blast Processing;) compared to Super Nintendo.

Well, Herzog Zwei would have benefited greatly from an even faster 68000 processor, like the ones used in Sega's arcade boards of the day (10 to 12 MHz) and the Sega CD co-processor.  The reason being, in 2-player battles, each player can have upto 50 units moving around the map at one time. This caused extreme slowdown.   Still, the game was incredible for Genesis as it was, using a just a 4 meg cartridge.  So much fun and highly addicting.