Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183570 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »
You can vote for whoever you want. I'm not stopping you. Bobby Jindal doesn't really have much of a chance in winning though. Donald Trump will probably be the winner. Not sure if that's good or bad. I guess we'll see...

I'm not even an american and even I know he would be bad news for you all.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 06:46:44 pm »
You can always write-in a person that's not on the list. I just hope no one is planning to actually vote for the Democratic cat. Yeah. That's right. A feline is literally running as a Democrat. This upcoming election is THAT pathetic.
... Lan Di
SEG4GES

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 10:29:44 pm »
If they elect a phony candidate, then will the U.S. move on to the next candidate with the most votes or will they have a re-election?

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »
Sadly Bernie Sanders can't win in a corrupt government like ours. But hey, i'll be voting from him in the primaries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8Czq0Eb2Uw

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »
Sadly Bernie Sanders can't win in a corrupt government like ours. But hey, i'll be voting from him in the primaries.
Are you voting for just the primaries? I mean, it's quite obvious that it will be Clinton vs. Trump, so I'm really not sure if Bernie stands any chance, unless he decides to run for vice president under Clinton. He seems like an ok guy. Clinton doesn't seem cool at all. Let's all hope she doesn't win. That would be very saddening. :(
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:38:30 pm by pcm92 »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 01:28:34 pm »
Trump's popularity with voters is greatly exaggerated. Just check out the fancy charts in this article: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/22/donald-trump-wont-win-republican-presidential-nomination

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »
I don't want to live in a world where Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump are my only 2 options. I should run off to Canada if that happens..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline pcm92

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 08:58:54 pm »
I don't want to live in a world where Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump are my only 2 options. I should run off to Canada if that happens..
I agree with this completely. It would be more amazing if it was Cruz vs. Sanders. Would you consider a different country? I don't like Canada. If Hillary wins, I'm moving too. We could move together. Do any of these countries interest you?

Australia
Dominican Republic
Egypt
India
Jamaica
Malaysia
Panama
Peru
Russia
Switzerland
The Philippines
Venezuela

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 09:10:23 pm »

We could move together. Do any of these countries interest you?

Venezuela

0_0 As a native South American guy, I should say "DON'T TRY TO MOVE THERE".

You can try my country, dollars are "rare" and you can changed for the highest price available. Technically speaking, you can be rich for a fixed time.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 01:54:21 am »
Trump, for better or for worse, is known to most people through television, hence his high numbers. Not sure if his poll numbers will actually translate into votes. Ben Carson and Carly Fiorina, on the other hand, I beleive their supporters and overall numbers seem to be genuine.

Cruz is one of my favorites, but I'm starting to think he's never going to get that much higher in the polls. Rubio is the strongest one, but right now he's a bit lost between the big three (Carson, Trump, Fiorina). Scott Walker is out, sucks but overall he was barely a presence. I hope Jeb and Huck are next, 'cause they ain't going nowhere.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2015, 10:31:24 am »
I'm not using a computer to type this, so I'm not really sure how to quote two people. I'll just do it a different way.

Nirmurgen: What's wrong with Venezuela? What country are you from?
Maxcady: Yes. Bobby Jindal will probably soon drop out too. Which is very unfortunate because he was my favorite.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2015, 11:39:50 am »
I agree with this completely. It would be more amazing if it was Cruz vs. Sanders. Would you consider a different country? I don't like Canada. If Hillary wins, I'm moving too. We could move together. Do any of these countries interest you?

Australia
Dominican Republic
Egypt
India
Jamaica
Malaysia
Panama
Peru
Russia
Switzerland
The Philippines
Venezuela

No. I would never go to Central/South America or the Middle East/Africa.

I wouldn't mind going to Europe or Canada though, haha.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2015, 01:15:00 pm »

I'm not using a computer to type this, so I'm not really sure how to quote two people. I'll just do it a different way.

Nirmurgen: What's wrong with Venezuela? What country are you from?

At this moment, everything. It's like 80's agonizing Soviet Russia in a nutshell, plus a corrupt government.

I'm from Argentina, we are in the same way but some federal provinces inside the country like mine are independent and autonomous to be threatened by that....again. That's why you will have no problem whatsoever.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2015, 10:08:15 pm »
Nirmurgen: Ah. Ok. I knew Columbia has been having a war since the 1960s. I was unaware Venezuela was.
Pirovash88: Switzerland is in Europe. That's on the list.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2015, 07:55:04 am »
One of my co-workers is from Venezuela. Some of the stories he shared with us are downright inhuman. Nicolas Maduro is far more radical than Chavez. There's barely a functioning economy, press is highly regulated and under control. Besides the corrupt dictator-ish goverment, crime is a daily occourence: murder, extortion, kidnappings and violent assault in particular. Travels are highly restricted. Supermarket goods are being rationed out. Most of the major industries have either left the country (most of the famous Venezulean beverages and foods are being produced in Equador or Columbia) or are enterily shut down.

Yeah, Jindall is probably gonna drop out sooner or later, but at least he took time to bruise Trump's ego.