Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183581 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #120 on: January 06, 2016, 06:25:59 pm »
I would agree with you if he hasn't been saying the same thing, consistently for 50 years. Hilary Clinton has literally changed her opinion she held in 2014. Sanders was boo'd in the DNC debate basically for not saying he would take everyone's guns away from them. I don't agree with his ban on assault weapons, but it doesn't effect me to not vote for him either. I mean, its either we continue this destruction of the middle class or let wallstreet and the banks make off like fat cats.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I would very much like to see a Bernie Sanders versus Ted Cruz election. Imagine the debates. It would be like JFK versus Ronald Reagan. Yeah. I will agree Sanders is the best Democrat. He's just not likely going to win in the primaries.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2016, 04:18:27 pm »
Bernie was never playable on a SEGA console. Hillary was. Trump only ever had a tenuous connection to Home Alone 2 on the Genesis because he made a cameo in the movie.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2016, 05:59:57 pm »
Ted Cruz was never a video game character either. He has been made into a controversial political cartoon with his two daughters. The white house made that. Cruz did not approve. Trump was in the Home Alone 2 game? I know he had a cameo in the movie, but he shouldn't have been in the game. There was a PC game where you can help him build and expand his companies. Was Hillary Clinton in Spanky's Quest or Wild Woody?

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #124 on: January 09, 2016, 10:07:21 am »
Ted Cruz was never a video game character either. He has been made into a controversial political cartoon with his two daughters. The white house made that. Cruz did not approve. Trump was in the Home Alone 2 game? I know he had a cameo in the movie, but he shouldn't have been in the game. There was a PC game where you can help him build and expand his companies. Was Hillary Clinton in Spanky's Quest or Wild Woody?

Um.... the White House does not publish The Washington Post. It's a newspaper in D.C. owned by Nash Holdings, and the cartoon you speak of was created by Ann Telnaes, a cartoonist for the newspaper.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2016, 11:57:30 am »
Yeah. It was created by the Washington Post. I'm sure the Obama's loved it though. Cruz is the only chance against Clinton or Sanders. Unfortunately for you, he just can't seem to inch his way past Donald Trump. His Canadian birth upsets John McCain too much.

Offline George

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2016, 04:42:52 pm »
I think republicans need to relax on their narrative that young people just want 'free stuff' and start to question why their candidates are getting huge donations from the private sector and not small contribution from people. Bernie Sanders gets the 'ya, people want free stuff cuz their poor and lazy' yet he has raised 75 million dollars from small contributions. Maybe people are just sick of working multiple jobs and getting no vacations and other benefits that the rest of the civilized world have been granted for decades.

Never mind, they just want to be lazy.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »
I think republicans need to relax on their narrative that young people just want 'free stuff' and start to question why their candidates are getting huge donations from the private sector and not small contribution from people. Bernie Sanders gets the 'ya, people want free stuff cuz their poor and lazy' yet he has raised 75 million dollars from small contributions. Maybe people are just sick of working multiple jobs and getting no vacations and other benefits that the rest of the civilized world have been granted for decades.

Never mind, they just want to be lazy.

The two party system is really screwed up. Barack Obama did ok during his first term. Just bad during his second. I realise you support Sanders. He is alright with me too as far as the environmental issues go. Wouldn't you rather have Ted Cruz over Hillary Clinton though?

Offline George

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2016, 07:57:07 pm »
The two party system is really screwed up. Barack Obama did ok during his first term. Just bad during his second. I realise you support Sanders. He is alright with me too as far as the environmental issues go. Wouldn't you rather have Ted Cruz over Hillary Clinton though?
I don't trust Ted Cruz at all. I rather just vote outside the two party system. Thankfully for me, Sanders is doing fine in the polls.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:14 pm »
Yeah. He's still behind Clinton. Just barely though. Maybe he can inch his way to the number one spot this Sunday (debate).

Offline George

« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2016, 09:28:30 pm »
If he wasn't as much of a liar as Hilary then he would have a greater chance. You can't tell people you paid your senate run yourself and not disclosed that you borrowed money. That was a big talking point for him and now its blowing up in his face:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/14/us/politics/ted-cruz-wall-street-loan-senate-bid-2012.html

His team just gave Trump a buttload of ammo with this and him being from Canada. It is going to be nasty.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #131 on: January 15, 2016, 05:03:10 am »
Man, it's time for a lot of the Republicans candidates to simply drop out. Kasich is going nowhere, Jeb Bush sucks, Rand and a lot of other candidates just cannot get more than 2-3% tops.

At this point, it's pretty clear that the GOP candidates are Trump, Carson, Rubio and Cruz. Everybody else has to go, that also includes Fiorina too as much as it pains me to say it.

Offline George

« Reply #132 on: January 15, 2016, 03:12:20 pm »
After how everyone sucker punched Ted Cruz and he blantely lied, I don't know how anyone can support him. After he attacked New Yorkers and Trump gave him a uppercut to the face with his rebuttal, I dunno how the Republican voters can still support him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4vLDAApN9w

This ad sums it up. First he calls out Obama for not being strong at killing terrorist when all he has done is nonstop bombings. He says Americans are more unsafe then ever (untrue, look at polls on how crime rate has been dropping) and that he wants to 'rebuild our military', when most of our budget already goes to it. We have the largest one already.

None of this makes any sense.

Also wtf is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX4hOgGtTWk

Who paints their face to go duck hunting? This is so Hollywood fake, it hurts.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #133 on: January 15, 2016, 06:28:40 pm »
Our military Budget is actually the second largest. Medicare tops it by about 200 billion last time I checked, but agree nonetheless. The military has been asking Congress to downsize bases and civilian contractors for years so that they could put that money to better use. Something which Congress ignores.

As for Rebuilding our Military. Does Cruz know why The navy has no new destroyers or cruisers? Does he know why the army desn't have a new self propelled howitzer? It's not the president. It's Congress screaming for the best equipment while refusing to pay the bill to have the best. Congress controls the Military Budget.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #134 on: January 15, 2016, 07:57:46 pm »
I do think we should normally stay out of any wars, but with protests going on inside the country, ISIS threatening to attack NYC, China's cyber attacks, and North Korea's... well... existing, we should be able to scare away those countries instead of being pansies about it.
How can I support Ted Cruz? Because he's my favorite candidate and the GOP's only chance.
He hasn't lied nearly as much as Clinton or Trump. He is one of the few who actually has political experience.
The best thing opponents can come up with is "He's too religious."
So what? Don't we still have the freedom of religion?
Ronald Reagan was very religious, and everyone seemed to like him!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 08:05:54 pm by pcm92 »