Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183660 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2016, 09:37:16 pm »
Have no idea. Imo shes lost the Democratic nomination. Sanders' up swing is too much in such short time. He was losing by 18 points nationally in December and now its almost tied. The more people hear Sanders speak the less people like Hilary.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #151 on: January 23, 2016, 08:29:33 am »
Almost everyone is tired of hearing about Clinton's emails. I support Dr. Ben Carson for president, even though I know he can't win. He is one of the smartest men alive.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #152 on: January 23, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »
Dr. Carson is smart, his bid for the presidency has netted him alot of book sales. Wouldn't vote for him only cuz his policies differ from mine and don't hate anyone that supports him. I know he gets a bad wrap in the media for some outrages things he has said.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2016, 06:35:26 pm »
Can't argue that Carson is very intelligent. I'm just voting for the Republican who is right behind Trump. I wish Carson, Cruz, or Rubio was in first. It would be very amazing and far more interesting.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »
Not too much into US politics. But I do hope Bernie Sanders wins. He seems way too much against the establishment pulling the strings that I dont think he's gonna win. Usually guys like Bernie dont win that easily because that same establishment has control over the media. Media being a strong tool to influence manipulate the simple minded mainstream.

Would be a huge surprise if he won. After that i'd hope a rational guy like him would change things that no other president has the guts to change. I know it is a sensitive subject, and I really dont wanna get too deep into it, but ive always found it strange how israel has always been "the strongest allly" despite them pulling atrocities even right now. Yeah the establishment media doesnt like covering this kind of news, but a couple of lived in houses built by EU have recently been demolished to make place for new settlements. Also lived in houses getting broken into by israeli settlers to chase the people away who already live there.

A lot of atrocious stuff goes around in the world, but israel is the only one that keeps being called "strongest ally" despite that. I wonder what would happen to a president if he got into office and critisized this sort of thing. Would he get killed like John f Kennedy?

I think I may have opened a can of worms with this. Maybe what im saying isnt accurate, and if so I wouldnt mind being corrected. But its suspicious to say the least.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2016, 08:33:53 am »
I guess the reason Donald Trump doesn't want to be in the debate is because he is scared of Ted Cruz knocking him down to second place.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2016, 09:52:03 am »
I doubt anyone, let alone Trump is scared of Cruz tbh, he's just been getting pounded by everyone. Trump is not showing up likely because Fox News has been trying to sabotage him and he's getting tired of dealing with them.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2016, 10:20:31 am »
Outside of his fear mongering and pandering to racists, Trump doesn't have any grasp on the issues which is why he is dodging debates. He can't have a honest discussion, so he makes excuses.

Offline Tad

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2016, 10:23:25 am »
Outside of his fear mongering and pandering to racists, Trump doesn't have any grasp on the issues which is why he is dodging debates. He can't have a honest discussion, so he makes excuses.

Just seen a show here in the UK about Trump...if he wins, I request us sane people are allowed to move to the moon.

Offline pcm92

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2016, 02:28:18 pm »
More communism:

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/the-wussiest-bans-in-america/

Because college campuses should be government controlled too.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #161 on: January 27, 2016, 02:51:50 pm »
Most colleges are public and thus receive a large portion of their funding from the government. That being said, 5 or 6 campuses doing stupid things is hardly something that I;d attribute government controlled to. Especially when the government isn't demanding any of these things...the students/faculty are.

Not to mention that one of the examples given was a private school...which receives little to no government funds and is free to pursue goals however it wishes. Unless of course you want to advocate for increased government control of private schools....but somehow I doubt that.

Next Sensationalist article please.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #162 on: January 27, 2016, 05:52:19 pm »
Trump should be very careful when going on the defensive. The last time he did that, Carson jumped ahead of him. I understand that shunning FNC could play well to the Fox News Haters who are in his camp, but the people who like him for his Don't Give a Hoot / Bite Me persona might look for someone else.

While it's true that Gov. hardly has anything to do with virtually all the insane demands (to the point in which even Barack Obama is sick of it), it's still a problem. And for the most part, I think Democrats in their current state have fostered and have facilitated this victim / persecution delusion.

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #163 on: January 27, 2016, 09:00:17 pm »
ofc.

"Shielding" people from certain POV's is a terrible precedent in any historical context. If you want people to be firmly invested in your POV it should be defended honestly and as best you can, because shielding others will only fuel curiosity and potentially backfire on your intentions. A secondary side effect would be that you'd be creating an entire people who literally think like children, being unable to see past their own POV...which is frightening from either side.

SJW's and the like spend so much time trying to shield and coddle people that when real issues, like Bullying come up, nobody wants to deal with it, because So and so statue is an example of xx offensive against AA are evidently more important.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2016, 02:32:51 am »
Trump should've fired the staffer who told him not to attend the debate just before to the Iowa Caucus. Not only Ted Cruz got the top spot, there's still a chance that Rubio can knock him down to 3rd place!