Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183631 times)

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #270 on: March 14, 2016, 01:56:17 am »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #271 on: March 14, 2016, 02:01:40 am »
Jebus, this bloke is insane. Who on earth is actually voting for him!

Offline George

« Reply #272 on: March 14, 2016, 03:37:42 am »
His 'Town hall' events are literally him just ranting about what his stories on the news have been and stories about his wife or how rich or who he knows. Its like... the most pathetic political event I have ever seen. Zero freaking policy talk.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra_ed9WMDNE

I really cringed when he suggested that Obama 'made up' executive orders because "I never heard of them before Obama" when Obama has had less than W. Bush (way less than FDR) http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:41:38 am by George »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #273 on: March 14, 2016, 04:45:06 am »
hes appealing to the uneducated middle class
Which is, sadly for you people living there, most of americans. The people want Trump, that's the whole problem.
SEG4GES

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #274 on: March 14, 2016, 01:17:14 pm »
Trump is all laughs for you people in other countries. Until you realize if he's president he will be in command of the strongest military force in the world by far and he's already talking about how he wants to make the military even stronger! With how hot headed he is better hope your country doesn't piss him off ;P

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #275 on: March 14, 2016, 01:36:33 pm »
Trump is all laughs for you people in other countries. Until you realize if he's president he will be in command of the strongest military force in the world by far and he's already talking about how he wants to make the military even stronger! With how hot headed he is better hope your country doesn't piss him off ;P
Eh. Portugal went through 2 great wars working for both sides.. We have little strategic value as well. We b gud bruv :3

Either way, I don't see how the world's largest power at the hands of Hilary would be any better..
Why is your country retarded and doesn't allow for your only good politician in at least 2 decades to remain in power?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:45:30 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #276 on: March 14, 2016, 03:01:38 pm »
Eh. Portugal went through 2 great wars working for both sides.. We have little strategic value as well. We b gud bruv :3

Either way, I don't see how the world's largest power at the hands of Hilary would be any better..
Why is your country retarded and doesn't allow for your only good politician in at least 2 decades to remain in power?

George W. Bush?

jk, jk.

Offline Tad

« Reply #277 on: March 14, 2016, 03:55:27 pm »
In a way, being president doesn't mean muc as anything they try to do has to go through the system. Seems to me the system is the bigger issue.

Offline George

« Reply #278 on: March 14, 2016, 08:04:03 pm »
Well he is commander-in-chief which means he can have stuff like executive orders

"Presidents can issue executive orders related to their role as commanders in chief. EOs give them the power to act quickly on a range of issues without Congress’s consent. A president might draft an EO authorizing a change in military policy, for example. Or the president might want to authorize the military’s use of certain resources during wartime and use an EO to make it official."

EO to expand torture, I can't wait.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #279 on: March 14, 2016, 08:13:29 pm »
There are also many state issues too. It's good that Mitch Daniels is no longer the governor of Indiana. He was against having expungements.

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #280 on: March 14, 2016, 09:01:45 pm »
Counterpoint: I don't want the same old politicians in office. I'm sick of their bullshit. The media is smearing Trump because he's a threat to the norm and their owners. I can't argue he hasn't put a ton of substance forward and can be a bit ignorant at times, but the guy isn't Hitler. He is so rich, he doesn't need to be president, he actually wants to help people. Or maybe he just wants to boost his ego. Even if that's the case, he's not going to settle for being a joke president.

And regarding the protests...why would you go try and piss off people and fight the police at Trump's rallies? Why is he not allowed to run for president? Trump supporters don't go start riots at Bernie rallies, why are they the violent ones? 

I'm not saying you have to like the guy but stop fucking crucifying him for the sake of it. There isn't a single candidate running who would ruin America. They have advisors and there's still congress and such. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out. I actually jumped ship from Bernie to Trump because I'm embarrassed of how ignorant and whiney all the ultra-liberal kids who like Bernie are. I don't want to be associated with that anymore.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:05:16 pm by Mengels7 »

Offline George

« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:00 pm »
Counterpoint: I don't want the same old politicians in office. I'm sick of their bullshit. The media is smearing Trump because he's a threat to the norm and their owners. I can't argue he hasn't put a ton of substance forward and can be a bit ignorant at times, but the guy isn't Hitler. He is so rich, he doesn't need to be president, he actually wants to help people. Or maybe he just wants to boost his ego. Even if that's the case, he's not going to settle for being a joke president.

And regarding the protests...why would you go try and piss off people and fight the police at Trump's rallies? Why is he not allowed to run for president? Trump supporters don't go start riots at Bernie rallies, why are they the violent ones? 

I'm not saying you have to like the guy but stop fucking crucifying him for the sake of it. There isn't a single candidate running who would ruin America. They have advisors and there's still congress and such. Everyone needs to chill the fuck out. I actually jumped ship from Bernie to Trump because I'm embarrassed of how ignorant and whiney all the ultra-liberal kids who like Bernie are. I don't want to be associated with that anymore.
Non of the points I made where made because I watch TV. Don't blame the media, they are the reason he is where he is. The issue is he is a complete liar. Show me one of his policies that actually has details that you agree with.

Mangel7 a bit disappointed that you are voting for the future of the country not based on their political ideas but 'who has cooler supporters' and because a few people you met are whiny. That... just is not the reality.

Here is a Sanders community:
https://www.reddit.com/r/sandersforpresident

Here is the Trump version:
https://www.reddit.com/r/the_donald
Now who is outright lying and spreading a false narrative?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:03:12 am by George »

Offline George

« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2016, 01:57:53 am »
I just wanted to say, I'm not against people supporting Trump, I just want to know why. I haven't heard of any solutions and that's a issue with me. One of the issues I can't support Hillary either (she does have more solution but I can't stand deflection of questions, she does that too much. I rather people be blunt on their stances). I might have come off strongly in my last message and thats not how I want to come off. I love that people are interested in the political process.

Offline Tad

« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2016, 02:21:06 am »

I doubt he thinks much of the UK that's for sure. We've stopped him doing things here quite a few times now and there was even a debate not so long ago demanded by the public to ban Trump from coming to the UK if he does become the president. Personally, I find that notion utterly ridiculous. I don't like the bloke either, but banning him because "he's said some mean things!" Is just...yeah. It didn't go ahead thankfully.

@Barry re:leaders

I wonder if part of the problem is a lack of true leaders. It's something we've lacked here in the UK too for quite some time. Hindsights a beautiful thing of course, but I think things started to go south in 80s here with Thatcher in power. Since then we've had Labour's Blair who had his own hidden agenda and many here want him thrown in prison for war crimes and the current PM in Mr.Flag in the wind, Cameron.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:22:57 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2016, 04:53:18 am »
From what is said about Putin in the media he doesn't seem to be a great guy.
The USA problem condensed in a small sentence.

If you go by the media, then you will only hear what they want you to.
SEG4GES