Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183675 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 09:29:04 am by Tad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #301 on: March 15, 2016, 10:39:45 am »
I don't typically watch the show, but I loved John Oliver's Trump episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

I urge Trump supporters to just sit through it and then come back and say that this is the kid of person you would want as President. If somebody can still back Trump after that, I don't know what to say.

Well, actually I do. Backing Trump is backing ignorance. Ignorance in the political process. Ignorance in how a President should conduct his or herself. Ignorance in the diversity of America. If that's for you, then go for it, but you are not a better person for it and you are certainly not making America great again.

Offline Tad

« Reply #302 on: March 15, 2016, 11:38:43 am »
John Oliver's segments are pretty well done. I look them up online as the show isn't available over here. It's strange how he found success over there mind, as when he started out over here in the UK, he went relatively unnoticed and was quite scrawny really. He was overshadowed by other talent like Frankie Boyle, Lee Mack etc. He just sort disappeared after a while and then appeared in America looking very different.

Speaking of, did any of you in America have Frankie Boyle appear on shows etc? To say he doesn't see the line would be an understatement.lol.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 11:40:56 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #303 on: March 15, 2016, 11:40:30 am »

SEG4GES

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #304 on: March 15, 2016, 12:06:24 pm »
I don't typically watch the show, but I loved John Oliver's Trump episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ

I urge Trump supporters to just sit through it and then come back and say that this is the kid of person you would want as President. If somebody can still back Trump after that, I don't know what to say.

Well, actually I do. Backing Trump is backing ignorance. Ignorance in the political process. Ignorance in how a President should conduct his or herself. Ignorance in the diversity of America. If that's for you, then go for it, but you are not a better person for it and you are certainly not making America great again.

Why should I willingly watch some liberal smear piece on Trump? He wants you to hate Trump. He isn't singing any praises for Trump. I'm done with all the liberal comedy shows and news stations (but certainly not starting with Fox News either).

Offline Tad

« Reply #305 on: March 15, 2016, 12:58:55 pm »
It's not really a smear piece if what he's stating are facts. He does them in a comic way granted, but his argument are indeed based of facts. Not random thoughts that Trump decides to create and claim are real.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #306 on: March 15, 2016, 02:41:08 pm »
What are your favorite Trump policies?

Frankly you don't believe this:
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 03:36:05 pm by George »

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #307 on: March 15, 2016, 04:41:31 pm »
What are your favorite Trump policies?

Frankly you don't believe this:
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/265895292191248385

Again, I lean towards liberal policies and Trump says a bit of bullshit. Obviously that's a crock of shit. He's also an anti-vaxxer now which is absurd. I'm not going to be part of electing Hillary Clinton into office though. I like Trump. He isn't Hitler. People need to relax. Nobody is forcing you to vote for him, stop trying to stop everyone else.

Offline Tad

« Reply #308 on: March 15, 2016, 05:22:23 pm »

Offline George

« Reply #309 on: March 15, 2016, 08:49:32 pm »
Again, I lean towards liberal policies and Trump says a bit of bullshit. Obviously that's a crock of shit. He's also an anti-vaxxer now which is absurd. I'm not going to be part of electing Hillary Clinton into office though. I like Trump. He isn't Hitler. People need to relax. Nobody is forcing you to vote for him, stop trying to stop everyone else.
What liberal policies. I haven't seen anything posted here.

When did I force anyone, this this a discussion.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #310 on: March 15, 2016, 10:44:08 pm »
What liberal policies. I haven't seen anything posted here.

When did I force anyone, this this a discussion.

Maybe I didn't. Idk. I think I only posted because I saw attacks on Trump. I was a Bernie supporter. I support almost all of his ideas. I think they'd work. Hell if he's still running when the NY primaries hit I'll vote for him because I'm still a registered Democrat and can't vote for Trump. I just wish people would do their own research and decide on a candidate and keep it to themselves. Politics and religion...don't bring them up with family friends and coworkers. Trump isn't the devil everyone is making him out to be and Sanders isn't the savior everyone wants him to be.

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #311 on: March 15, 2016, 11:19:34 pm »
Trump is all laughs for you people in other countries. Until you realize if he's president he will be in command of the strongest military force in the world by far and he's already talking about how he wants to make the military even stronger! With how hot headed he is better hope your country doesn't piss him off ;P

Because Hillary Clinton's bombs are so much better than a Republican president's bomb.

Offline Tad

« Reply #312 on: March 16, 2016, 02:51:02 am »
Because Hillary Clinton's bombs are so much better than a Republican president's bomb.

As I said earlier, I think in this election America have the same problem the UK has had for a while. None of the candidates are actually that good.

Offline George

« Reply #313 on: March 16, 2016, 03:02:50 am »
pcm92, I don't support Hillary so those bombs aren't on me. I know shes a warhawk and trust me when shes in office she will try to take out Assad. Bet on it. But at least shes not telling her audience that she will kill the families of ISIS. Think about that, he never said 'guilty', there will be no trial. We need to be smarter about how we interact with the world, we already fucked up enough.

I'm against Obama's drone strikes that kill towns of civilians too, but this guy is making it a campaign point.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #314 on: March 16, 2016, 05:11:06 am »
It's America's fault that their military bases are civilian areas?
SEG4GES