Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 183516 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #420 on: May 10, 2016, 04:24:20 am »
I'm starting to wonder if the "remain" campaign are actually doing the "out" campaigners a huge favour now with the amount of nonsense they're coming out with. It's honestly like Cameron is saying this:  "if we leave, we'll be poor. No, wait! If we leave, every company in the world will go, no, wait! If we leave, we'll live in mudhuts, no, wait! If we leave, we'll be unable to stop criminals. No, wait! If we leave, it'll start a war!!"

He's like that kid who can't stop exaggerating. I think it's a very dangerous thing the "in" campaigners are doing. They've thrown that much at the press as of late, by the time the vote actually happens, it'll become white noise. It's sad too. He's making out the "out" voters hate Europe which isn't the case at all. It's the political union agreement people take issue with, not Europe.

Seen Trump has made u turn on meeting the London mayor. Didn't take long.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 04:29:39 am by Tad »

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #421 on: May 10, 2016, 08:01:15 am »
About the bathroom thing, I think we can all agree on this point: It is f***ing stupid to mix politics with how one does his or her business in their own bathroom. Having said that, I am personally embarrassed to even discuss this issue with another sane person. I don't care much for the concept of transgenderism, I care about basic fact-based scientifically-sound biology.

Look, it happens, a woman might wander into a men's bathroom because either A: the ladies room is out of order or B: wandered in by mistake. It's called an accident but that's an entirely different ballpark. But if I were to wander into the ladies room, I would expect to be deemed a pervert and someone would call the cops on me. I would expect nothing less. The argument that someone indentifying themselves as a different gender as a justification to remove any restrictions on which bathroom one can use on a regular basis is weak (that's me being nice).

But the DOJ is currently run by douchebags who have way too much free time on their hands. And are too lazy to even read said bills that they claim are discriminatory.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 11:13:58 am by max_cady »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #422 on: May 11, 2016, 04:38:13 am »
I'm starting to wonder if the "remain" campaign are actually doing the "out" campaigners a huge favour now with the amount of nonsense they're coming out with. It's honestly like Cameron is saying this:  "if we leave, we'll be poor. No, wait! If we leave, every company in the world will go, no, wait! If we leave, we'll live in mudhuts, no, wait! If we leave, we'll be unable to stop criminals. No, wait! If we leave, it'll start a war!!"

He's like that kid who can't stop exaggerating. I think it's a very dangerous thing the "in" campaigners are doing. They've thrown that much at the press as of late, by the time the vote actually happens, it'll become white noise. It's sad too. He's making out the "out" voters hate Europe which isn't the case at all. It's the political union agreement people take issue with, not Europe.

Nice post . 'Call me Dave' is a lying scumbag and just like Blair will say anything . Speaking of the multicultural it hasn't worked at all in the UK the most part , it's one area the USA does it so much better imo
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 04:50:30 am by Team Andromeda »
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #423 on: May 11, 2016, 05:57:55 am »
I wish people would stop pretending Europe is multicultural. We have been in a non-war state for about 50 years after dozens of centuries of war history. We are the least multicultural people in the world.
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #424 on: May 11, 2016, 09:01:24 am »
I wish people would stop pretending Europe is multicultural. We have been in a non-war state for about 50 years after dozens of centuries of war history. We are the least multicultural people in the world.

I think a lot of people are confused with what being multicultural actually is. Enjoying another culture and lifestyle is great and I'd like to at least think regardless of where we are in Europe, we can at least be polite and respectful. However, asking one culture to merge with another is completely different. Yes, some can work rather well due to similarities, but it's very foolish of governments to not think their will be consequences, tensions etc when forcing this.

Offline Tad

« Reply #425 on: May 11, 2016, 09:09:36 am »
Nice post . 'Call me Dave' is a lying scumbag and just like Blair will say anything . Speaking of the multicultural it hasn't worked at all in the UK the most part , it's one area the USA does it so much better imo

I think it works well in America because they're a much bigger country and have more room to create different cultures within itself. Whereas, Europe varies: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_area

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #426 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:05 am »
I think it works well in America because they're a much bigger country and have more room to create different cultures within itself. Whereas, Europe varies: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_European_countries_by_area

I don't its anything do with size . Most I see are ready (and able) to sing the USA National anthem)  say they are American and swear loyalty to the flag, I just don't see in the UK and where most of cultures in the UK tend not to mix at all and all want to live within the same groups of streets and not so willing (or indeed able) to sing the National anthem or indeed call them's British and proud of it .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #427 on: May 11, 2016, 11:23:21 am »
Yes, enjoying other cultures and whatnot is nice. And respect is a must, regardless of someone's background.
But as you said: europe is an awful place to merge cultures. We have a two thousand year old history of cultural conflict, and have reached a point where each of us have their own space and live peacefully (except for Russia, which is understandable). Cultures in european countries are very well defined.

Multiculturalism in the United States is easy, the country is less than 300 years old, brought up from a mixture of south american, european and native cultures. It's multicultural since it's conception.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 11:26:03 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Tad

« Reply #428 on: May 11, 2016, 11:47:18 am »
Fair comment from both of you about USA. I've never really thought of it that way either.

Another considering thing about the EU is their attempts to bring the middle east into the mix. I...don't even know where to begin with that being wrong.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #429 on: May 11, 2016, 11:51:04 am »
Another considering thing about the EU is their attempts to bring the middle east into the mix. I...don't even know where to begin with that being wrong.
Again, after centuries of fighting them off, people now think inclusion is the way to go? It's ridiculous.

I'm all for helping people, regardless of background. But bringing millions of people of a radically different culture into Europe is not ok.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #430 on: May 11, 2016, 11:54:34 am »
I have seen so many of my UK facebook "friends" hating on minorities and especially Muslims. It's disgusting and has lead to me unfriending a few people.

People are people, no matter their race or religious background. I wish people would be smarter and realize that the actions of one person or organization does not mean that the entire race/religion agrees with such a notion.

---

The US has its problems, just as every country does, but I am proud to be an American and am a firm believer in America being the world's melting pot. The more diverse the better.

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #431 on: May 11, 2016, 12:16:00 pm »
Ok Barry.
Although I don't recall anyone yelling out Allah Akbar and exploding in Europe before. Sure is fun to be inclusive.

I'd rather not get exploded on than letting these people come in.

btw, I have a couple of muslim friends, and they absolutely despise these terrorist acts (of course). As such, they also don't want these people coming in.
It's not about religion or race. It's about people that don't respect human life.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 12:17:53 pm by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #432 on: May 11, 2016, 12:18:20 pm »
Ok Barry.
Although I don't recall anyone yelling out Allah Akbar and exploding in Europe before. Sure is fun to be inclusive.

I don't quite understand your line of thought. Are you saying Muslim's should be banned from Europe because of the 2005 bombings?

Offline Tad

« Reply #433 on: May 11, 2016, 12:26:26 pm »
That's not what he's saying Barry. We're talking about different cultures (not just religion) trying to mix.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #434 on: May 11, 2016, 12:42:25 pm »
Well obviously I am not saying "Hey, let known terrorists live in your country!", but I was getting the vibe that if, say, al-Qaeda does something, all of a sudden all Muslims and people of those countries should not be allowed to live in the US or UK.