Author Topic: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election  (Read 185628 times)

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election
« Reply #465 on: May 18, 2016, 12:50:31 pm »
Out of interest, who would you want as PM?

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #466 on: May 18, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »
Tad, I know you're question was not directed towards me, but I hope you don't mind if I give you my opinion. I don't know much about U.K. politics because I live on the Starship Enterprise. Not in the U.K. I know he would have a very small chance of winning, but I would vote for Mike Nesbitt if I lived in the United Kingdom.

Now on to your comment about Donald Trump, he is a bad candidate. I admit that, but I would much rather have anyone than Hillary Clinton. A lot of people have said that if Trump lost, it would destroy the Republican party. The U.S. national animal is an eagle. It has two wings. A left wing and a right wing. It cannot fly without both. If the U.S. does not have a right wing Republican party, America will be in a war or a depression.

Offline Tad

« Reply #467 on: May 18, 2016, 02:44:20 pm »
I guess your stuck between a rock and a hard place with your candidates. :(

As for the UK...Nesbitt is only a representative in northern Ireland. They have they're own political system that's...well. It's joint with ours, but still separate. Same as Scotland, England and Wales really.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #468 on: May 18, 2016, 03:34:21 pm »
Out of interest, who would you want as PM?

Someone who believes in and stands by what he says . I would love to see either David Davies or Dr Liam Fox .
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #469 on: May 18, 2016, 04:37:13 pm »
That's a fair comment. Even if I, you or anyone else doesn't particularly agree with said person, at least you can respect them for sticking to their beliefs. Sure, some backtracking and realising they were wrong is fine, but the current government...yuck. They've had bad ideas from the word go.

Think what you like about the Lib Dems, but it's pretty clear to me without them the tories have proven to be utterly shambolic and disgusting in their attitude and ideas. The only reason they're still in power I suspect is due to the lack of stronger opposition. The tories are just tearing themselves apart at the moment on everything they try to do.

People had a lot of fun laughing at the demise of the Lib dems on election night, but fast forward to now and it's painfully obvious they were the better of the two in the coalition.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:40:56 pm by Tad »

Offline Spock

« Reply #470 on: May 18, 2016, 05:23:34 pm »
Like I said, I don't know much about U.K. politics. I thought Nesbitt was running for P.M. in 2020 because of this Wikipedia article:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Next_United_Kingdom_general_election

I haven't really had much time to do research on any of those candidates, but I can tell for certain that I would not be supporting Jeremy Corbyn, if I lived in the U.K.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:25:44 pm by Spock »

Offline Tad

« Reply #471 on: May 19, 2016, 12:12:05 am »
Corbyn is just a left wing version of Cameron from what I've seen. He's changed his mind more times then not on multiple issues and has only managed to split Labour on multiple issues. There's a lot of problems in Labour at the moment that are very troubling and run deep. They really need a good shake up and not one of those weak ones they keep having.

It's okay. That link means he's running a Northern Ireland party, but not for PM. The "UK" or "Great Britain" is effectively just a group of countries that are combined to share the same laws etc, but certain laws etc can be changed depending on those in power in that separate country. At this very moment for example, the UK as a whole is ran by the Tory (conservative) party. But broken up into separate countries and it's this:

England - Tory
Scotland - SNP
Wales - Labour
N.Ireland - DUP/SF

« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 12:22:13 am by Tad »

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #472 on: May 19, 2016, 12:12:34 pm »

Fair point, but the same token quite a lot of the mountain fighters are not part of the Taliban . Many of them were just wanting to fight for their homeland against any outside invader.
What I'm trying to explain to you is that there is simply more to the equation/intention other than *All afghan fighters were Taliban or Al Qaeda*. That's it lol.

Huge difference in context of the the quote given vs my actual quote :P

Also baboons like Bush never gave these fighters any respect - what ever you think of them they were some of the bravest and most resistant fighters around  . The British Empire, The full might of the old Soviet union and indeed NATO have all tried and failed in   AAfghanistan

In this context I suppose it depends on how you define failure. The Soviet Union for example, almost never had control of more than 20% of the county at a time. NATO by comparison basically managed to drive the Taliban to brink of remote areas. Every Taliban offensive against NATO was a failure, and the only reason the Taliban have managed to win anything back, which I'll remind is their first major victory since 2001, is because they are no longer fighting NATO, but primarily the Afghan National Army at this rate.

That being said I tire of the subject so I'm just going to drop it. BACK TO PRESIDENT STUFF. Good Show.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #473 on: May 20, 2016, 04:11:47 am »
Every Taliban offensive against NATO was a failure, and the only reason the Taliban have managed to win anything back,

No not everyone and I'm sorry Nato didn't hold on to all its gains at all. Thanks to the likes of British being undermanned and armed, but there again Blair and John Reid shamefully only set our troops in to help with reconstruction work . That Blair has so much blood on his hands its untrue

which I'll remind is their first major victory since 2001, is because they are no longer fighting NATO

The USA/Nato didn't win at all . The Taliban never agreed to drop their arms, never agreed to a cease fire at all; That's what tends to happen when your army is defeated. NATO and USA have just cut and run . It's true to say that the USA did smash the structure of Al though.

[/size]
Corbyn is just a left wing version of Cameron from what I've seen.
Not as bad, but almost . Corbyn hates Europe membership , but due to Party reasons doesn't come out and say so
Think what you like about the Lib Dems, but it's pretty clear to me without them the tories have proven to be utterly shambolic and disgusting in their attitude and ideas.

[/font]
[/size]Those Libs are the worst of the lot , They don't stand for anything at all and as soon as they get a smell of power they are there.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Spock

« Reply #474 on: May 23, 2016, 05:13:15 pm »
Trump is actually leading against Clinton. Just go to the Realclearpolitics website.

Trump can win.

Offline Clint Forrester

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #475 on: May 26, 2016, 12:31:46 am »
Well the Dems are also still currently split between Sanders and Clinton. Once the primaries are over things may change. For sure though Clinton's reception has been lukewarm and people resent the way the contest was rigged in her favor right from the outset.

Offline Tad

« Reply #476 on: May 31, 2016, 11:55:40 pm »
I have to laugh when I see initiatives like this. All people want is to be treated equally. This does the complete opposite and puts them on a stand.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #477 on: June 01, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #478 on: June 01, 2016, 02:47:49 pm »
Trump: "I skipped the debate with Bernie Sanders because I was busy raising money for our veterans during Memorial Day."

Media: "Prove it, you lying racist!"

Clinton: "I had people killed and lied about my Emails being privatized."

Media: "No problem at all. Case closed."

Offline Spock

« Reply #479 on: June 02, 2016, 08:45:05 pm »
Pcm92, do you really think Trump would suffer from Clinton's win?