Author Topic: SEGA Franchise Week – Streets of Rage  (Read 7243 times)

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
SEGA Franchise Week – Streets of Rage
« on: March 17, 2014, 11:03:31 am »

As is the new custom at the Classic SEGA Discussion forum we have a companion thread for Streets of Rage week!

What are your memories of the series? Do you have a favorite or least favorite game in the franchise? Do you wish the series continued in the modern day?

We have a lot planned for the front page this week, so stay tuned!

---

Announcement post: http://segabits.com/blog/2014/03/17/grab-some-trash-can-chicken-streets-of-rage-week-begins-now/

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
Re: SEGA Franchise Week – Streets of Rage
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 07:11:18 am »
HELL YEAH!

This brings back memories.  :P

I still laugh at how that Grunt holds a knife....I am guessing that SEGA couldn't animate the enemy the same was as Axel holds a knife?

Those enemies were annoying fuckers though, as they moved diagonally.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 07:43:27 am »
Knife guy was one of our early mascots for SEGAbits, lol. I wish he returned, with his little walking animation at the bottom of the page.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:17:01 am »
Didn't he have the same name in SoR 2 whenever he shown up?

That's cool to know! Not my favourite bad guy but it's fun to know how to hit him without being stabbed multiple times as you get up again!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 04:15:49 am by Nameless 24 »
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 12:39:31 pm »
Rage was probably the only home console Beat em up, that did a great job, at being like an arcade hit.

Offline JohnOfRage

• Total Meseta: 2
  • "Bare Knuckle"
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 10:12:49 pm »
I don't think I need to explain the love i have for this game  ;D . In my opinion one of the best beat em ups of all time!!!!!!! 

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2014, 09:14:45 am »
It was a nice series period. Not the greatest. It even had a movie to it as well. Both the offiicial and unofficial. However when compared to the 1990's and 1970's SOR belongs to the 1970's ( late 70's, early 80's ) look of things.

Again this is why people like SEGA. It might all be G-rated content but it is also fun for everybody.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 09:40:14 am »
It was a nice series period. Not the greatest. It even had a movie to it as well. Both the offiicial and unofficial.

SOR never had a movie made for it.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2014, 06:45:05 pm »
1994 mudda buzzard yeahh their you go. Do the Tootsie rolll yeahhhh. Ah  ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dlU0nRysXs

It was one of those sexploitation drama films; that had tons of cheezy scenes ( that looked really auwsome back then before the internet ).  However the films has a couple of nice lines, okay fight scenes. Even a kid or two. Only thing better is something like the "Equalizer" or "Mcguyver"

Lots of profanity and some topless nudity???. You even get to learn about the term "inner city" that was being toted into one; during the time. Omgish they even have a filler for the kid. Omgish.
Of course everybody is European, not including the mid-wife/matron ( i think ).

Only thing missing is the robots and of course all the little things from the videogame. It is actually pretty decent.

The worlds smallest coach. Shows how under-budgeted this film is.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:15:00 pm by RegalSin »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2014, 07:40:09 pm »
Only thing missing is the robots and of course all the little things from the videogame. It is actually pretty decent.

Uhh... no, the only thing missing is anything from the video game. Any connection at all. None of the same characters. No mention of the game or Sega in the credits. This is a completely unrelated production that was probably just hoping to cash in on confusion by using the same title.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2014, 10:03:53 pm »
You really do not get how hollywood works. Their is no way they could make an SEGA introduces "Streets Of Rage" movie, because that would instantly, make them get caught underfire.

Also I believe their is a movie called "Streets of Fire" that SOR actually draws a lot from. Only difference is the game and movie plot is different. So honestly who cares if it is accurate.

Street Fighter has a supertastic MUST SEEE auwsome Hong Kong movie that was never released state wide. If it was we would have a proper SF:The movie game. Again the official AGAIN THE OFFiCIAL SF the movie; was a fail in the west. We got to see Bison fly around in his Koopa thingy, instead of the kid judge transform into GokuGT.

This movie is basically as close as possible to the SOR in general; without going too far in detail. I could imagine being 14 and thinking "omgsh this is just like the game. You think this was the first movie, to be like that; with a videogame title??? Look at SMB the movie, and Megaman the novel.

Eitherway movie with the same name, have some actor street boobies, and auwsome leg action.

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »
You really do not get how hollywood works. Their is no way they could make an SEGA introduces "Streets Of Rage" movie, because that would instantly, make them get caught underfire.

Also I believe their is a movie called "Streets of Fire" that SOR actually draws a lot from. Only difference is the game and movie plot is different. So honestly who cares if it is accurate.

Street Fighter has a supertastic MUST SEEE auwsome Hong Kong movie that was never released state wide. If it was we would have a proper SF:The movie game. Again the official AGAIN THE OFFiCIAL SF the movie; was a fail in the west. We got to see Bison fly around in his Koopa thingy, instead of the kid judge transform into GokuGT.

This movie is basically as close as possible to the SOR in general; without going too far in detail. I could imagine being 14 and thinking "omgsh this is just like the game. You think this was the first movie, to be like that; with a videogame title??? Look at SMB the movie, and Megaman the novel.

Eitherway movie with the same name, have some actor street boobies, and auwsome leg action.

There was, a very long time ago, a poster on this forum named Kogen who really would have enjoyed your company.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 05:21:24 am »
Do you even READ you're own posts?
You said this....

It was a nice series period. Not the greatest. It even had a movie to it as well. Both the offiicial and unofficial.

Then you said this...

You indicated that there was an OFFICIAL SOR movie. There never has been an official SOR movie EVER. And i very much doubt that this film has anything to do with SOR or even inspired by it as video game adaptations was still seen as kids entertainment to the bigger film industry and video game based films were in its infancy back in 1994.

If you were to get an adaptation of SOR in the tv sphere it would have been a cartoon where most video game adaptations were being made into.

Its like saying SHINOBI had a movie because there were tons of movies using the same name. When the name itself is such a general term that anyone could really use it. 

So yet again you prove you have little understanding of the subject matter that you are talking about..
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:28:52 am by ROJM »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2014, 10:35:37 am »
Let's put an end to this argument.

RegalSin, once again, if you keep this nonsense up it will result in another ban (whether it is permanent will be up for discussion with the admins). There is a difference between discussing opinions, and continually backing nonsense. The former is fuel for discussion, the latter is spam. Quit it.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
Backon topic:
I would really love this series to come back now using today's tech. The western digital game that was leaked looked pretty good to me for a download game. Its a pity that it never got released.

I always thought the first two were the best in the series because they approched the same genre differently and were good at it.