Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 273596 times)

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #135 on: July 24, 2014, 02:00:43 pm »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #136 on: July 25, 2014, 03:07:36 am »
Now someone who is supposedly a fan of Sega and is a writer but DOESN'T know that Sega has a relaxed second party system..which isn't an insider secert either needs to do BETTER research.

You keep saying that, dude. I'm not denying that they have a relaxed second party system. I'm saying that it's a problem.

The game got high scores. Again its only you that really has a problem with it.

lol I'm the only one who had a problem with the PS3 version of Bayonetta? Now you're just being silly.

anyway. You will more likely copy and paste my info anyway and pass it off as your own just like you did when i was here ages back and mentioned that Sega canned a ton of games for 2012 before anyone else said it. Guess what?A few months later, i come back and see you peddling the same info.

lol what? Dude I read about Sega cancelling games from an online magazine, had nothing to do with anything you posted, don't flatter yourself.

I tend not to believe anyone on a message board who claims to have "insider info" and would never dignify it by re-posting it.

End. I'm not going to waste my time and energy on a wannabe any longer...

lol who do I want to be?

GBX made it.End of. Next made it. End of.

And who was responsible for putting out both?

I won't give it away; their name starts with an S. See if you can guess.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #137 on: July 25, 2014, 04:19:29 am »

You keep saying that, dude. I'm not denying that they have a relaxed second
party system. I'm saying that it's a problem.

You didn't KNOW they had one at the begining of this topic.
lol I'm the only one who had a problem with the PS3 version of Bayonetta?
Now you're just being silly.

No i'm not. You're acting like its unplayable.

lol what? Dude I read about Sega cancelling games from an online magazine, had
nothing to do with anything you posted, don't flatter yourself.

Sure you did..funny that i was saying it way before it became public knowledge.So yeah i will flatter myself...

I tend not to believe anyone on a message board who claims to have "insider
info" and would never dignify it by re-posting it.

Good for you..live in ignorance.

lol who do I want to be?

You don't wanna be a sega fan that's for sure..

And who was responsible for putting out both?

Next and GBX.

Offline Ben

« Reply #138 on: July 25, 2014, 05:24:16 am »
You didn't KNOW they had one at the begining of this topic.

I don't even know what you're talking about. What I've been saying in this whole topic is that Sega should have kept a closer eye on Colonial Marines. Whether it was due to a "relaxed attitude" or "bad judgment" really has no bearing on anything.

The point is, it should have been done.

No i'm not. You're acting like its unplayable.

No it's not unplayable, but it's by far the lesser version.

You don't wanna be a sega fan that's for sure..

We have different definitions of a "fan" it seems. To me a fan is someone who enjoys the artistic output of a company; I enjoy Sega's games, so I am a fan of the company.

If I were to judge your view of a "fan" based on this discussion, you seem to think that a fan is someone who has to support and agree with the company no matter what. To me that has nothing to do with being a fan. I can be a fan of a company but think that some of the decisions they make are wrong. I don't hold this belief that to be a fan of a company, you have to support everything they do.

I can't think of a single company that's perfect.

Next and GBX.

No, neither of these 2 are publishers. Sega as publisher had final say on all things Bayonetta and Colonial Marines. Neither Gearbox nor Next would have been able to put out these games without Sega publishing them.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #139 on: July 25, 2014, 06:21:19 am »

I don't even know what you're talking about.

Geez keep up. You weren't aware Sega had a relaxed environment/policy when it comes to second party game development...
Not really hard to understand... ::)

What I've been saying in this whole topic is that Sega should have kept a closer eye on Colonial Marines. Whether it was due to a "relaxed attitude" or "bad judgment" really has no bearing on anything.

It does actually. That's part of the reason PG wanted to work for Sega..that's part of the reason why a lot of companies like to work with them especially if they are getting their first games off the ground because its easier for them to establish their company

The point is, it should have been done.

The point it was..salvaged is the word here...

No it's not unplayable, but it's by far the lesser version.

No argument there. But from what people read in your posts you act like its the worst thing ever made... ::)

We have different definitions of a "fan" it seems. To me a fan is someone who enjoys the artistic output of a company; I enjoy Sega's games, so I am a fan of the company.

If I were to judge your view of a "fan" based on this discussion, you seem to think that a fan is someone who has to support and agree with the company no matter what. To me that has nothing to do with being a fan. I can be a fan of a company but think that some of the decisions they make are wrong. I don't hold this belief that to be a fan of a company, you have to support everything they do.

No shcmoo sherlock..but i don't constantly BASH the company like you seem to do most of the time. You can't remove your critical eye and see how extreme the cases that you bring up actually were. So don't act the victim card. I judge on what you've been consistently doing from here to the Sega forums.

I can't think of a single company that's perfect.

Well then.. ::)

No, neither of these 2 are publishers. Sega as publisher had final say on all things Bayonetta and Colonial Marines. Neither Gearbox nor Next would have been able to put out these games without Sega publishing them.
Again the fault lies with the companies that made the games that's it. Sega had to salvage something from a real bad situation. Its as simple as that.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:23:46 am by ROJM »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2014, 07:59:41 am »

WHAT THIS THREAD HAS BECOME:

Offline ROJM

« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2014, 08:06:33 am »
 ;D True...i was supposed to finish this "debate" ages ago...

Offline Ben

« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2014, 01:12:17 pm »
Same here, but you keep going. We can probably actually wrap this up in the next couple posts, you're repeating yourself and I imagine I am too lol.

No shcmoo sherlock..but i don't constantly BASH the company like you seem to do most of the time. You can't remove your critical eye and see how extreme the cases that you bring up actually were. So don't act the victim card. I judge on what you've been consistently doing from here to the Sega forums.

I don't even talk about Sega on the Sega forums, their name never comes up. So I don't know where that's coming from.

As for me "bashing them," dude when you're down to releasing only something like 2 major console retail releases a year, they'd better be good. And that's a stance I'm not going to let up on, sorry.

It does actually. That's part of the reason PG wanted to work for Sega..that's part of the reason why a lot of companies like to work with them especially if they are getting their first games off the ground because its easier for them to establish their company

I'm not saying that Sega has to be over-bearing and over-controlling as a publisher, but if a game as bad as Colonial Marines is being developed under their watch (and with their money) then yes, I think Sega should be close enough to development to be aware of it.

And that's about it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:14:46 pm by Ben »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2014, 01:15:43 pm »

I don't even talk about Sega on the Sega forums, their name never comes up. So I don't know where that's coming from.

Whatever you say..
As for me "bashing them," dude when you're down to releasing only something like 2 major console retail releases a year, they'd better be good. And that's a stance I'm not going to let up on, sorry.

I don't expect you to. But its far more complicated than you think. Other than myself you already had another person say the situation wasn't clear cut.

I'm not Sega has to be over-bearing and over-controlling as a publisher, but if a game like Colonial Marines is being developed under their watch (and with their money) then yes, I think Sega should be close enough to development to be aware of it.

And that's about it.

You said your piece now leave it be..
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 01:17:31 pm by ROJM »

Offline Ben

« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2014, 05:13:54 pm »
I don't expect you to. But its far more complicated than you think. Other than myself you already had another person say the situation wasn't clear cut.

I agree that it wasn't clear cut, it rarely ever is. But my stance remains that everyone involved bears responsibility, including (very much so) Sega.

But yeah, I think we've said all that needs to be said.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #145 on: July 26, 2014, 04:38:26 am »
I agree that it wasn't clear cut, it rarely ever is. But my stance remains that everyone involved bears responsibility, including (very much so) Sega.

But yeah, I think we've said all that needs to be said.
Good..now let it be..and hope Sega LEARNS from this lesson...(don't hold our collective breaths...)

Offline Ben

« Reply #146 on: August 01, 2014, 12:18:35 am »
Gearbox officially blames Sega;

Historically, the biggest class-action lawsuits filed against video game companies have stemmed from antitrust and monopoly accusations, such as Nintendo's alleged price-fixing in 1991 or EA's football-series monopolies in the mid-'00s. But in some cases, like a filing over the 2013 shooter Aliens: Colonial Marines, the suit's terms boiled down to little more than "the game stinks."

That's what happened when two fans sued producer Sega and developer Gearbox in May 2013 over that disastrous Aliens game, alleging that the game's previews were so different from the retail release that they "misled" shoppers. On Thursday, over a year after the suit was filed, Gearbox finally responded with a motion for dismissal—and revealed more of the game's woes in the process.

One section of the motion, penned by Gearbox Marketing Director Steve Gibson, recounted the game's development timeline in order to distance itself from any financial obligation should the lawsuit turn out in the plaintiffs' favor. In particular, Gibson alleged that "Gearbox supplemented Sega’s development budget with its own money" to the tune of millions, "none of which was ever repaid."

While no concrete sales figures were mentioned, Gibson confirmed that the game didn't sell enough copies to "trigger any sales-based payments." Additionally, Gibson pointed out Sega's many responsibilities in approving, promoting, and selling the game, and he repeatedly reminded readers that Sega, not Gearbox, was A:CM's publisher.

Gearbox's response ultimately deflected the issue of whether or not the basic allegation was valid. "Plaintiffs’ allegations, even if true, have no merit as a classaction," Gearbox wrote, claiming that the plaintiffs' personal shopping stories weren't wide-reaching enough. Thus, no solid connection could be proven between preview footage on YouTube and how many purchases it may have coerced. (One may wonder how the marketing departments at Sega felt about such a dismissal of preview events and YouTube footage.)

Gearbox probably needed to emphasize that "even if true" part, because company CEO Randy Pitchford had already affirmed fans' complaints over the discrepancy between preview footage and actual gameplay. In February 2013, Pitchford replied to an upset fan on Twitter who asked why the game and its preview demos looked so different. "That is understood and fair," he said. Nearly a year later, Sega ate its own slice of humble pie courtesy of the UK's Advertising Standards Authority.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/07/gearbox-responds-to-aliens-class-action-lawsuit-throws-sega-under-bus/

So yeah,.....if this suit (which, by the way, I think is BS) goes through, Sega will be blamed. Gearbox, correctly, reminds everyone that Sega "approved, promoted, and sold" the game. That's what'll bite Sega in the ass and in any court's eyes will make them responsible.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 01:09:47 pm by Ben »

Offline ROJM

« Reply #147 on: August 01, 2014, 04:47:44 am »
So you are using the cheating lying GBX to promote your case? LOL don't make me laugh. Eveyone knows that GBX pulled a fast one, they're just trying to get out of being sued by idiot fans who think Sega is a walk in the park.Doesn't really prove anything.
As for the case...
Here's a hint..Sega wins most of their cases that they've been brought to court for...

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #148 on: August 01, 2014, 08:21:39 am »
Gearbox officially blames Sega;

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/07/gearbox-responds-to-aliens-class-action-lawsuit-throws-sega-under-bus/

So yeah,.....if this suit (which, by the way, I think is BS) goes through, Sega will be blamed. Gearbox, correctly, reminds everyone that Sega "approved, promoted, and sold" the game. That's what'll bite Sega in the ass and makes them responsible.

You didn't really think they'd just say "we dropped the ball," did you?

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #149 on: August 01, 2014, 12:37:30 pm »
He obviously didnt XD