Author Topic: I just finished reading "Console Wars" and now I think I hate Sega of Japan  (Read 28328 times)

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
I don't think you know how technology works.

Action replay
Sega Pluto
Sega Netlink
X-band

If we have 3d graphics on our phones, wouldn't it be cool if we could

1. First make a AR ( game genie ) type cart that load ups first, and then allows you to select the system

Mark-III
Mega Drive
Sega CD
32X

Run an process that ques the Saturn into running the game itself?

2. Now I know what your thinking. The Saturn is not going to run 32X games because the architectures are different. This is where we have an one-chip 32X installed, or better yet a super hyper one chip 32X installed. This way the system

3. We could even have support for Kalleria via emulators. We could make an emulator that matches up with this setup, and plug it in ethereal jack ( for the extra speed, unless you want lame wireless that will expose you to radiation over time ). Look how small phone modems are, as well as ethereal boards are now.

4. We might even be able to include external drive support. Maybe we could even include flash and dos game support as well.

I already know what the product is going to look like. A giant wafer sticking out the back end, that replaces my Saturns memory storage as well. And I can play Kalleria with it as well, with people on computers. Both my Genesis and 32X, games fits in place, including my mark-X games and cards.
The Saturn will be the final frontier.

If not we just use the bottom hatch of the Dreamcast and sup it up to the max. We create a Dreamcast 2 system via the original dreamcast by including everything just mentioned. The Dreamcast was to have an DVD-add-on ( note the HD-DVD add-on of the 360 ), so we could utilize that idea with the above idea.

This time we could even run Saturn games on the Dreamcast with Kalleria support.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31

Action replay
Sega Pluto
Sega Netlink
X-band

1. First make a AR ( game genie ) type cart that load ups first, and then allows you to select the system

Mark-III
Mega Drive
Sega CD
32X

Run an process that ques the Saturn into running the game itself?

2. Now I know what your thinking. The Saturn is not going to run 32X games because the architectures are different. This is where we have an one-chip 32X installed, or better yet a super hyper one chip 32X installed. This way the system

3. We could even have support for Kalleria via emulators. We could make an emulator that matches up with this setup, and plug it in ethereal jack ( for the extra speed, unless you want lame wireless that will expose you to radiation over time ). Look how small phone modems are, as well as ethereal boards are now.

4. We might even be able to include external drive support. Maybe we could even include flash and dos game support as well.

I already know what the product is going to look like. A giant wafer sticking out the back end, that replaces my Saturns memory storage as well. And I can play Kalleria with it as well, with people on computers. Both my Genesis and 32X, games fits in place, including my mark-X games and cards.
The Saturn will be the final frontier.

If not we just use the bottom hatch of the Dreamcast and sup it up to the max. We create a Dreamcast 2 system via the original dreamcast by including everything just mentioned. The Dreamcast was to have an DVD-add-on ( note the HD-DVD add-on of the 360 ), so we could utilize that idea with the above idea.

This time we could even run Saturn games on the Dreamcast with Kalleria support.

One problem
The Saturn is dead.
Second problem
The Dreamcast is dead
Third problem
Sega doesn't have a manufacturer plant to create home consoles anymore..let alone the licenses involved in getting the tech together that made up the Saturn and the DC...
Forth Problem
SegaSammy

Heart of the problem...
The two systems didn't have the tech built for a converter to manipulate previous tech or software to begin with..the MD and previous Master system and its predecessor did. Also the saturn is so far removed from the SG 1000 to the MD..its almost impossible to do so..but that goes without saying.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision

College kid, hey? How come you can put three dees on my telephone, but I can't play Mega Drive games on my Saturn? Huh?

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
One problem
The Saturn is dead.
Second problem
The Dreamcast is dead

They are not dead. Not to us. Just to five year olds and people who are not old enough to buy beer or vote

Third problem
Sega doesn't have a manufacturer plant to create home consoles anymore..let alone the licenses involved in getting the tech together that made up the Saturn and the DC...

Who said this content will be delivered to everybody just a few people.

Forth Problem
SegaSammy

They do not really care at all. Look that NES.

Heart of the problem...
The two systems didn't have the tech built for a converter to manipulate previous tech or software to begin with..the MD and previous Master system and its predecessor did. Also the saturn is so far removed from the SG 1000 to the MD..its almost impossible to do so..but that goes without saying.

Their is no heart of the problem.

The Saturn is the final phaze for all SEGA products. It has the ability to run previous SEGA products, including it's own. Again I say the 32X might be a problem but not the SEGA CD so much.

Yes the Dreamcast alone was not built for previous SEGA products, but an add-on could change that all together.

These things can be built and used. Not everybody will own one. Just a few people. With netplay some people will use the official product while others use the emulator. More like an novelty item.

Offline ROJM

They are not dead. Not to us. Just to five year olds and people who are not old enough to buy beer or vote

They are dead to Sega. So yes the first point stands.

There is a heart of the problem. Shareholders. And Shareholders not wanting companies to waste money.

The Saturn is the final phaze for all SEGA products. It has the ability to run previous SEGA products, including it's own. Again I say the 32X might be a problem but not the SEGA CD so much.

Dude, the can't even emulate Saturn software properly what makes you think they're going to remake another Saturn.Geez...

Yes the Dreamcast alone was not built for previous SEGA products, but an add-on could change that all together.

No it couldn't.
These things can be built and used. Not everybody will own one. Just a few people. With netplay some people will use the official product while others use the emulator. More like an novelty item.
But they won't build them. Accept that and move on...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 09:08:36 am by ROJM »

Offline jonboy101

• Total Meseta: 9

Who said this content will be delivered to everybody just a few people.

They do not really care at all. Look that NES.

You really seem to live in a world where companies don't want to turn profit.

Offline ROJM

:))

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
So far your point is to lie down and give up.

They are dead to Sega. So yes the first point stands.

SEGA is dead. long live SEGA. The game makers we knew loved, and grew up with is no longer there. We do not need to support the new SEGA anymore. We could still have a suped up Saturn or Dreamcast, without them. Many devices are made as well.

Your thinking within the ranks of the consumer base. Not outside them.

There is a heart of the problem. Shareholders. And Shareholders not wanting companies to waste money.

Shareholders? Who cares about them. SEGA could work on this project blind folded if they wanted to. They could outsource. Again SEGA would not be the ones to work on this project. In fact the cover page of this forum; is showing off an IDE Hard drive hooked up to an Saturn right now. Even flash drives can work. SEGA originally was planning to make an add-on ( so was Nintendo ). The same thing done to the N64 could be done with the Saturn or Dreamcast. I am not talking about a whole overhaul of new graphics. I am talking about a few modifications.

If I had the brain power I would do it myself. All I would need is a powerful 3d chipset ( to mimic Saturn and 32X hardware ); a couple of wires, and slots ( for the cassette game systems ). The biggest issue would be the pin-out and their are probably dozen of dedicated fans who are into electronics/programming ( hardware engineering ) that could do this. This device would be the Apex of the Saturn and or Dreamcast. An all in one solution that is small as an fatty hard drive ( for the Saturn ), or could fit under the Dreamcast. 

It is not a lot of work. Your just making things seem more difficult. FYI SEGA is not Squaresoft. They encourage people to program on their machines, and make products. It gives them more respect.

Dude, the can't even emulate Saturn software properly what makes you think they're going to remake another Saturn.Geez...

You do not understand. The Saturn emulation is problematic with the chipset. The Proccessors working together. The sound could run off the Dreamcast board. The Dreamcast 2 add-on would have probably have 3-4 chips. Two for the Saturn, one for the 32X ( unless emulated on the Dreamcast ), and one for the SEGA CD capabilities ( unless runnable via the Saturn + Dreamcast chips ). Think of it like an one-chip NES. The chipset must match ( or have the power ) to run the program requests.

Back on the Saturn is a piece of cake. The Saturn holds it's own, with the only one-chip being needed to do 32X calculations, and maybe even SEGA CD ( since the SEGA CD is not too much for the Saturn ). The next problem would be getting the Saturn + the 32X to syncrohnize ( so it can run the few games that takes full advantage of all three hardware ). The Saturn itself could do the job of an Genesis, as well an Mark III.

The thing is that your not looking at the specs, or the actual games. Your thinking who is going to pony up for this project.

In fact let me ask you this question? How much you think this thing would cost somebody?

How much money would you think it would take to invest in this project. Including driving and using the airport to meet with people or house people???

All we need is an hardware/software engineer
A programmer ( which would be the above as well ).
A plan to distribute it.

Your being like Oh it is impossible, it will never work. It can work dude. If the damn Chinese could make Famicom games like a cake factory, why can't we do it to?

No it couldn't.But they won't build them. Accept that and move on...

Again SEGA is dead, long live SEGA. You think Sega really cares what people are doing with their  products? You have people making stuff for their products 24/7hrs a day. Look on the front page.

I live in a world where this a small shred of hope, out their. Maybe somebody will say "hey this is a brilliant idea". Seriously new SEGA is lame. Lets be realistic. Take away every single series they have; that is not recent. What is SEGA left with? An oversized woman who is lady death, and a couple of Alien games. I am not even counting the partnership between SEGA and a gambling merchandise company. Even new Shining Force is some other game with the Shining force title on it. ( kinda like the new Macross ( new Macross Ha )).
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 05:52:08 pm by RegalSin »

Offline jonboy101

You're talking about making an all-in-one console, right?

I guarantee that will cost you more than just going to amazon and buying the consoles you want. There's no incentive to do it. What you're talking about would also be a lot more complex than rigging up a hard drive to a console or making a Chinese knockoff of Donkey Kong.

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
Jhonboy a Saturn is an all in one console. I am not going to go into numbers. But it has the power.

What is stopping the Saturn from running SEGA CD games?
What is stopping it from running 32X games?
WHat is stopping it from running a three-way combo 32X+MD+CD game?

Only a few coding practices the Saturn obviously is able to outdo and over do. Your not realizing compressing the 32X+CD+MD into one cassette is doable today, with reasonable cost. Even for a person in their garage.

If the Saturn can run MD games theirfore it has the ability to run everything else connected to the Genesis.

The Dreamcast only problem is the Saturn special chips. Which could be stored inside a board. In fact today we have even more powerful chips that could do the job.

Your instead saying "why do I need to get a real Saturn or Dreamcast?" Why don't I use my lame AUYO game system instead? Or why not focus on the computer emulation"

Maybe out of fun I want an Saturn or Dreamcast all in one. I actually own the consoles and they are setup alongside my other systems. Just as things are meant to be.

Offline jonboy101

Jhonboy a Saturn is an all in one console. I am not going to go into numbers. But it has the power.

What is stopping the Saturn from running SEGA CD games?
What is stopping it from running 32X games?
WHat is stopping it from running a three-way combo 32X+MD+CD game?

Only a few coding practices the Saturn obviously is able to outdo and over do. Your not realizing compressing the 32X+CD+MD into one cassette is doable today, with reasonable cost. Even for a person in their garage.

If the Saturn can run MD games theirfore it has the ability to run everything else connected to the Genesis.

The Dreamcast only problem is the Saturn special chips. Which could be stored inside a board. In fact today we have even more powerful chips that could do the job.

Your instead saying "why do I need to get a real Saturn or Dreamcast?" Why don't I use my lame AUYO game system instead? Or why not focus on the computer emulation"

Maybe out of fun I want an Saturn or Dreamcast all in one. I actually own the consoles and they are setup alongside my other systems. Just as things are meant to be.

Well no, I think what I'm trying to say is that no one would buy this except the sort of people who already likely own all the consoles anyway. I'm not going to purchase a Saturn that someone dicked around with in their garage until it could play MD games. I already own a MegaDrive and a Saturn. This serves no practical purpose.

The Saturn is not, by any means, an all in one games system. At no point in designing the system did Sega consider backward compatibility. By your logic, I could just as easily rig an N64 to run Mega Drive games. All I need is some elbow grease and a pocket full of dreams.

Offline ROJM

So far your point is to lie down and give up.
No my point is that you face and live in the real world.

SEGA is dead. long live SEGA. The game makers we knew loved, and grew up with is
no longer there. We do not need to support the new SEGA anymore. We could still
have a suped up Saturn or Dreamcast, without them. Many devices are made as
well.

No you couldn't. The moment you even try to SELL one of these systems you will be hit with a suit so fast your feet won't touch the ground.And i really mean it.

Your thinking within the ranks of the consumer base. Not outside them.
You don't think at all...

Shareholders? Who cares about them. SEGA could work on this project blind folded
if they wanted to. They could outsource. Again SEGA would not be the ones to
work on this project. In fact the cover page of this forum; is showing off an
IDE Hard drive hooked up to an Saturn right now. Even flash drives can work.
SEGA originally was planning to make an add-on ( so was Nintendo ). The same
thing done to the N64 could be done with the Saturn or Dreamcast. I am not
talking about a whole overhaul of new graphics. I am talking about a few
modifications.
And this is what's wrong with your whole synopsis. Where do you think Sega gets some of its money from? They need the share holders to keep INVESTING in the company. If Sega starts to do something the shareholders don't like or the investor market their stock goes down and their value goes down with it. That is why Sega can't take risks like they use to.
If I had the brain power I would do it myself. All I would need is a
powerful 3d chipset ( to mimic Saturn and 32X hardware ); a couple of wires, and
slots ( for the cassette game systems ). The biggest issue would be the pin-out
and their are probably dozen of dedicated fans who are into
electronics/programming ( hardware engineering ) that could do this. This device
would be the Apex of the Saturn and or Dreamcast. An all in one solution that is
small as an fatty hard drive ( for the Saturn ), or could fit under the
Dreamcast. 
And than a unicorn walked by and said hi...You're living in a fantasy...
It is not a lot of work. Your just making things seem more difficult. FYI
SEGA is not Squaresoft. They encourage people to program on their machines, and
make products. It gives them more respect.

Games is different to fiddling with a system and then trying to sell it. Way different.

You do not understand. The Saturn emulation is problematic with the chipset. The
Proccessors working together. The sound could run off the Dreamcast board. The
Dreamcast 2 add-on would have probably have 3-4 chips. Two for the Saturn, one
for the 32X ( unless emulated on the Dreamcast ), and one for the SEGA CD
capabilities ( unless runnable via the Saturn + Dreamcast chips ). Think of it
like an one-chip NES. The chipset must match ( or have the power ) to run the
program requests.

Again they would have to CREATE new tech just to do that and Sega won't do that. They domn't work on consoles anymore. The tech needed would require activating chips and licenses that they had to get to use the tech to create their machine which they are not going to do. Your simple lack of understanding of that clearly shows you have no clue on what you are talking about.

Back on the Saturn is a piece of cake. The Saturn holds it's own, with the
only one-chip being needed to do 32X calculations, and maybe even SEGA CD (
since the SEGA CD is not too much for the Saturn ). The next problem would be
getting the Saturn + the 32X to syncrohnize ( so it can run the few games that
takes full advantage of all three hardware ). The Saturn itself could do the job
of an Genesis, as well an Mark III.

::) why bother...

The thing is that your not looking at the specs, or the actual games. Your
thinking who is going to pony up for this project.
Not sega that's for sure...

In fact let me ask you this question? How much you think this thing would
cost somebody?

How much money would you think it would take to invest in
this project. Including driving and using the airport to meet with people or
house people???
Money they're not gonna bother spending.

All we need is an hardware/software engineer
A programmer ( which would be
the above as well ).
A plan to distribute it.

And that's when you'll be sued.

Your being like Oh it is impossible, it will never work. It can work dude. If
the damn Chinese could make Famicom games like a cake factory, why can't we do
it to?

Because they were pirates and they the companies tried to shut them down but Chinese copyright law and the system itself makes it diffulcult to do that.

Again SEGA is dead, long live SEGA. You think Sega really cares what people are
doing with their  products? You have people making stuff for their products
24/7hrs a day. Look on the front page.

Modifying a system for personal use is far different than trying to sell it on a larger basis.

I live in a world where this a small shred of hope, out their. Maybe
somebody will say "hey this is a brilliant idea". Seriously new SEGA is lame.
Lets be realistic. Take away every single series they have; that is not recent.
What is SEGA left with? An oversized woman who is lady death, and a couple of
Alien games. I am not even counting the partnership between SEGA and a gambling
merchandise company. Even new Shining Force is some other game with the Shining
force title on it. ( kinda like the new Macross ( new Macross Ha )).

No you live in a fantasy world where you won't face the realities of the situation. If  you think Segasammy will just let people mod old Sega systems to sell them on a mas scale than you are off you're meds. Were talking about a company who has been systematically shuttting down you tube accounts of various sega games. So what makes you think they will simple let you do or anyone else do what they want with their systems?

Second Macross is not owned by Sega anyway, so that point is moot.

And we all know how Sega has changed..its nothing new and its been debated several times over. But we all know sega is capable of pulling a rabbit out of a hat time and again. Most of us have ben fans of sega for years and seen many changes. Some positive others negative. But we all perfer to see sega still around than no sega at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 05:06:09 am by ROJM »

Offline RegalSin

• Banned
It is obvious I am running rings in this conversation. Their are people; many people who would love to see such an add-on built for either the Dreamcast or Saturn.

Why the blazes should I wait till one of these non-SEGA consoles do what I know could already be done. I have state ideas. or even plans for such designs. All somebody has to do is carry them out.

The problem is that neither of you are engineers or have any idea of what to do. Your just saying "Buy SEGA products for whichever machine they make them for.

Right now if SEGA decided to make games for the OSX PPC and Windows Intel. I wouldn't mind shelling a few bucks out to them on a regular basis. So far SEGA is dead, long live SEGA.

Then the topic will continue into a circle and never stop.

No my point is that you face and live in the real world.

The real world have choices not fanbot commitments.

No you couldn't. The moment you even try to SELL one of these systems you will be hit with a suit so fast your feet won't touch the ground.And i really mean it.

Boy your sad. Your trying to slander me and throw bs to my face. A portable Dreamcast was made while the Dreamcast was around. Grow up silly.

SEGA does not care at all. If anybody makes products for the previous system, as long as they are
not interfering with the current trend. It is not like that. SEGA is not Squaresoft and is not Sony. Nintendo does not care at all either. The only people who care is Microsoft. As they have shot down anybodys advancement of making games for the original X-box.

Their are tons of unofficial products being made all the time.

You don't think at all...
And this is what's wrong with your whole synopsis. Where do you think Sega gets some of its money from? They need the share holders to keep INVESTING in the company. If Sega starts to do something the shareholders don't like or the investor market their stock goes down and their value goes down with it. That is why Sega can't take risks like they use to.And than a unicorn walked by and said hi...You're living in a fantasy...

Again the stupid money market, etc people. Only care about their current products. Not previous products. You need to wake up and smell the reality.

Their is nothing wrong with making an add-on device for a previous console; or even stripping a console down and making a portable model. Stop living in a caged fence and start living on Earth. Your living with doubt. That is all I can say about you.

Is SEGA your master? Does SEGA have a choke chain around your neck. They say buy; you buy? They say play; you play? It is not like that dude, unless you want it to be. Seriously it is sad to hear this from a SEGA fan.

[/quote]Games is different to fiddling with a system and then trying to sell it. Way different.[/quote]
Nope just make a board/wires, program a rom chip, latch on a processor, add some slots, and sell it. The N64 has one, why not the Saturn or Dreamcast?

Again they would have to CREATE new tech just to do that and Sega won't do that. They domn't work on consoles anymore. The tech needed would require activating chips and licenses that they had to get to use the tech to create their machine which they are not going to do. Your simple lack of understanding of that clearly shows you have no clue on what you are talking about.

Again who the blazes said anything about Neo-SEGA being involved. SEGA is dead, long live SEGA. This is not apple we are talking about; who wants to view all of your code before selling iphone programs. This is a dead system that is alive to many people.

Just doing it will give SEGA more good advertisement and maybe a real DC2 system will come along.

::) why bother...
 Not sega that's for sure...
Money they're not gonna bother spending.

It is just fun to do.

And that's when you'll be sued.

For something that is dead to them already. Ha ha ha ha ha. This is not Microsoft we are talking about. Their are tons of unofficial products being sold for these systems already. Nintendo does not care either.

Because they were pirates and they the companies tried to shut them down but Chinese copyright law and the system itself makes it diffulcult to do that.

Prove it??????? Prove it??? show me the article and lawsuit???? What you do not get many Asian nations have an overstock in leftover parts. So it creates a second market.

Modifying a system for personal use is far different than trying to sell it on a larger basis.

How many people will actually buy these??? I think only a couple thousands. Maybe if enough monies. Millions. It is great promotion for SEGA itself. SEGA is dead; long live SEGA.

No you live in a fantasy world where you won't face the realities of the situation. If  you think Segasammy will just let people mod old Sega systems to sell them on a mas scale than you are off you're meds.

Dead systems.

Were talking about a company who has been systematically shuttting down you tube accounts of various sega games. So what makes you think they will simple let you do or anyone else do what they want with their systems?

They do that because their are too many people playing "Shining Force" and the marketing person involved feels that SEGA needs more advertisement. SEGA is just making new enemies and all. That is not SEGA but a marketing person. Just do not get in the way of their CURRENT products

Second Macross is not owned by Sega anyway, so that point is moot.

I am comparing New Macross to the new Shining Force. If you knew the original Macross and compared it to the new one; you would understand. They tried ( and are still doing it ) making a new war and new song. Original Macross even had; people out their inspired by the game itself.

But we all perfer to see sega still around than no sega at all.

Personally I like hudsonsoft better. I am not going into this. You do not know how things work. Your thinking about current trending. Not previous products that are not getting attention. You find those articles. Again SEGA is not Microsoft. Microsoft did that, because they know; they have the PC market and with the OSX PPC not in use. Intel ( who works with Microsoft ) gets more business.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Stop the argument guys.

RegalSin: either make sense or don't post. Any more nonsense about the Saturn magically playing all past SEGA games or Streets of Rage having an official movie when it is clearly not official will result in a temporary ban so we can all let the aspirin take effect.

Offline ROJM

It is obvious I am running rings in this conversation. Their are people; many
people who would love to see such an add-on built for either the Dreamcast or
Saturn.

Why the blazes should I wait till one of these non-SEGA consoles
do what I know could already be done. I have state ideas. or even plans for such
designs. All somebody has to do is carry them out.

There's a vast diference of wanting one and someone actually doing it.

The problem is that neither of you are engineers or have any idea of what to do.
Your just saying "Buy SEGA products for whichever machine they make them for

But we unlike you understand how these things work. And they won't work with any of the ideas you have put up so far.

Right now if SEGA decided to make games for the OSX PPC and Windows Intel. I
wouldn't mind shelling a few bucks out to them on a regular basis. So far SEGA
is dead, long live SEGA.

::)
Then the topic will continue into a circle and never stop.

The real world
have choices not fanbot commitments.

The only fanbot in here is you.

Boy your sad. Your trying to slander me and throw bs to my face. A portable
Dreamcast was made while the Dreamcast was around. Grow up silly.

No you grow up. The portable dreamcast is illegal and sega has been shutting them down whenever they can.

SEGA does not care at all. If anybody makes products for the previous system, as
long as they are
not interfering with the current trend. It is not like
that. SEGA is not Squaresoft and is not Sony. Nintendo does not care at all
either. The only people who care is Microsoft. As they have shot down anybodys
advancement of making games for the original X-box.

They do care. You see there's these little things called patents which sega has on many of their systems. When people start to toy around with their systems that by law is infruing on their patents. And that means you can be sued. Something you should lern little schoolboy...
Their are tons of unofficial products being made all the time.
And ton of lawsuits to follow them...
Again the stupid money market, etc people. Only care about their current
products. Not previous products. You need to wake up and smell the reality.

No corportations care about all their products especially if money is involved.

Their is nothing wrong with making an add-on device for a previous console; or
even stripping a console down and making a portable model. Stop living in a
caged fence and start living on Earth. Your living with doubt. That is all I can
say about you.

There is because its technically against the law.

Is SEGA your master? Does SEGA have a choke chain around your neck. They say
buy; you buy? They say play; you play? It is not like that dude, unless you want
it to be. Seriously it is sad to hear this from a SEGA fan.

A sega fan that has stock in the company. So believe you me if the company feels they are losing out or want to product their patents and copyrights they will crack down on it.
Games is different to fiddling with a system and then trying to sell it. Way
different.
Nope just make a board/wires, program a rom chip, latch on a
processor, add some slots, and sell it. The N64 has one, why not the Saturn or
Dreamcast?
Not if you are going to sell them that is.

Again who the blazes said anything about Neo-SEGA being involved. SEGA is dead,
long live SEGA. This is not apple we are talking about; who wants to view all of
your code before selling iphone programs. This is a dead system that is alive to
many people.

Because neo sega will get involved that's the point. Again your logic is silly. You will need as mentioned before acces to all the compotents to make this work and reproduce them. There isn't a suprless of sega systems out there to make this even a viable plan

Just doing it will give SEGA more good advertisement and maybe a real DC2 system
will come along.

Keep dreaming..
It is just fun to do.

For something that is dead to them already.
Ha ha ha ha ha. This is not Microsoft we are talking about. Their are tons of
unofficial products being sold for these systems already. Nintendo does not care
either.

Nintendo sued people trying to emulate their games for gods sake. Gimme a break...

Prove it? ??? ??? Prove it???
show me the article and lawsuit? ???
What you do not get many Asian nations have an overstock in leftover parts. So
it creates a second market.

Uusally because Sega and other companies do it in the quiet when they can. Also you have hands google it...
How many people will actually buy these??? I think only a couple thousands.
Maybe if enough monies. Millions. It is great promotion for SEGA itself. SEGA is
dead; long live SEGA.

So what. You are still making money on a system that they own. Most video game companies joined together to stop the second game market because itwas impacting on their revenue. So don't say they don't care or wouldn't do anything just because it doesn't fit into your own little world.

Dead systems.
Whose software sega still keeps making money from...

They do that because their are too many people playing "Shining Force" and
the marketing person involved feels that SEGA needs more advertisement. SEGA is
just making new enemies and all. That is not SEGA but a marketing person. Just
do not get in the way of their CURRENT products
And you don't think they won't do the same over their systems. Only a handful play Shining force. The game only sells between 2000 to 20 000. Yet Sega is going after those fans for putting a video up. What do you think they will do when someone tries to sell a all in one Sega system without their permission? A slap on the back and a thank you?
I am comparing New Macross to the new Shining Force. If you knew the original
Macross and compared it to the new one; you would understand. They tried ( and
are still doing it ) making a new war and new song. Original Macross even had;
people out their inspired by the game itself.

I know the original macross so again i don't need education from you.

Personally I like hudsonsoft better. I am not going into this. You do not know
how things work. Your thinking about current trending. Not previous products
that are not getting attention. You find those articles. Again SEGA is not
Microsoft. Microsoft did that, because they know; they have the PC market and
with the OSX PPC not in use. Intel ( who works with Microsoft ) gets more
business

No you aren't looking in the reality. Companies won't simply stand by and let people infrigue on their products so they can make a buck. Sega licenses old hardware for smaller companies to make for a special toy market. Companies like Majesco has been releasing Megadrives with 40 games included in them. So i very much doubt that Sega will stand by and let people infrige on their systems when they can make money out of it still. But keep missing the point...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 11:23:31 am by ROJM »