Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1114725 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4905 on: July 25, 2016, 03:31:21 am »
Dude, just buy an iPhone. Jesus
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4906 on: July 25, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »
Car Winshield smashed. There goes my Summer plans again!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4907 on: July 25, 2016, 05:01:44 pm »
You can't catch a break, can you? Poor dude
SEG4GES

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4908 on: July 27, 2016, 08:32:50 am »
Guess not! Just this morning I was so distracted that threw my house keys into a garbage bin! That was a show... ;-D

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4909 on: August 18, 2016, 08:34:56 am »
Well, I guess I still got a long way to go if I want to be a decent smartphone / tablet repair man:

- I have successfully replaced the rear camera on my current smartphone without much of an hassle;
- However I failed miserably in replacing an IPS screen of an old smartphone I had, rendering it completely useless;

This time I got the idea of ressurecting my grandma's Nexus 7 tablet since the battery for it is now dirt cheap. I ordered the part. Let's see if I can do this.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4910 on: September 01, 2017, 11:01:19 am »
Ever had one of those days at work where you've somehow done really well and yet, the boss still complains? Yup. I just had one of those and my first thought was, why the hell I'm I still here!!!

*I feel better now*

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4911 on: September 06, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »
So 2 Saturdays ago we found out that my bro's storage unit had been broken into, only 2 weeks after we had helped him move his stuff into it.(Pretty sure someone saw us moving his stuff in because even the cop mentioned that a 2 week break in was a record for her)

A ton of retro games and consoles were stolen along with other electronics. As far as he can recall, he lost 120 SNES games(which includes tons of rare games: Chrono Trigger, FF Games, etc)70-80 NES games in a silver briefcase, 2 Turbo Grafx 16 consoles, Virtual Boy, XBOX One, PS4, 40" HD TV, 20" Computer Monitor, a custom built $1700 PC, and 2 Atari Computer Consoles..

We called the cops and an officer wrote a basic report of everything that he knew was missing. A few days later a guy on Facebook is selling a bunch of expensive retro SNES games. We though, ok, this may be a lead. Until the guy posted a SNES cart of Ranma 1/2 of which my bro recognized. The cart had 3 grease stains in specific locations that sort of set it apart from the others. My bro went through his old photobucket images and there it was. A picture of the Ranma 1/2 cart which he had taken in 2010, with the same grease stains.

That was basically the proof that we needed that this fucken asshole had stolen my bro's stuff. We contacted a detective earlier last week and have basically been waiting since. At first they didn't believe that it was the same cart, but after my bro explained it to them in email with more details, they agreed it was it. This week we find out that the case had been thrown onto someone else's lap.. Then we were told that they had made contact with the thief. After numerous phone calls that went directly to voicemail through the entire week, they tell us that the guy is refusing to meet up, and it has to be done before 5:30 because the detective is off duty after that time..

The asshole started posting more of his shit on a local craigslist, Virtual Boy, 2 Turbo Grafx(so now we are 100% sure it's him)so we managed to get his cell #. My bro has now contacted him advising that he's interested in buying some games, etc.

So now it's basically a waiting game. If my bro can set something up, the cops will then be able to help us bust this guy. It's been an absolute fucking nightmare waiting on detectives to try to solve this. It's incredible how difficult it is to bust someone for stealing even though you have evidence to prove it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 01:30:13 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #4912 on: September 06, 2017, 06:17:21 pm »
Dude, just buy an iPhone. Jesus

iPhones?  :p The way Apple charges these days?  Maybe imma cheapskate, but I'll get a samsung instead.  Preferably one that won't catch fire.  lolz.  Meh, whatever.  Imma go back to my Windows XP.
Be like water.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4913 on: September 08, 2017, 11:48:38 am »
So they caught the asshole that stole my bro's stuff. They set up a sting at a coffee bean and nabbed em. Claims he bought the items from some dude in front of a Gamestop. They were able to recover some nes, gameboy, snes games, along with his virtual boy and turbo grafx consoles. There are still over $1000 of Playstation games missing and a few others.

The kid that was selling the games is going to cooperate with the cops(cause he has no choice) and try to setup the guy that supposedly sold em the games. We're hoping to recover more stuff, but who knows at this point. So long as someone gets busted for this and my bro gets some stuff back, that's all that matters.

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #4914 on: September 08, 2017, 06:25:56 pm »
So they caught the asshole that stole my bro's stuff. They set up a sting at a coffee bean and nabbed em. Claims he bought the items from some dude in front of a Gamestop. They were able to recover some nes, gameboy, snes games, along with his virtual boy and turbo grafx consoles. There are still over $1000 of Playstation games missing and a few others.

The kid that was selling the games is going to cooperate with the cops(cause he has no choice) and try to setup the guy that supposedly sold em the games. We're hoping to recover more stuff, but who knows at this point. So long as someone gets busted for this and my bro gets some stuff back, that's all that matters.

he probably sold em on ebay.   If you aren't able to retrieve all of it, then sue. 
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4915 on: September 09, 2017, 10:27:27 am »
Sadly Shun-Di is right. It's great they managed to get him and what they could. All the best to your brother, pirovash88.

It must be utterly devastating. :(

Offline Shun-Di

« Reply #4916 on: September 09, 2017, 10:05:15 pm »
random thought of the day:  Vaporwave is an underrated music genre.  All about the A E S T H E T I C S  8)
Be like water.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4917 on: September 11, 2017, 11:23:56 am »
Thanks Shun-Di and Tad, i appreciate it. He was devastated for sure, but he's better now that we were able to catch one guy. The day it happened was really hard on him though, that was over 20+ years of collecting that went down the drain.

I will advise him to sue if the other games don't turn up though. The guy admitted to selling some of his rare games like FF3, Chrono Trigger, and EVO through Craigslist. That's easily like $400 between 3 carts.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4918 on: September 29, 2017, 04:33:01 pm »
My HP laptop just decided to die out on me. For real? My Toshiba laptop by comparison, lasted 5 full years. Way lower hardware specs, in context.

I'm done with HP, I'm getting a meatier Asus Laptop and that's that.

Offline max_cady

« Reply #4919 on: September 30, 2017, 08:20:36 am »
Well, this is awkward...

So I decided to pick apart the HP laptop so I could get the disk, turns out it's working fine... the f***ing power strip that attached the power button to the power supply was disconnected at the tip where the power button connected, the wires were just loose. Kinda random but whatever...

Who cares, I'm setting up the ASUS laptop right now and HP is going to find a new owner... ON EBAY!