Author Topic: SEGA Releases Dinosaur King D-Team Adventures on iPhone and  (Read 7067 times)

Offline Nathan

• Total Meseta: 4
Not really.

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/116/1169315p1.html

I don't think this is front page material.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: SEGA Releases Dinosaur King D-Team Adventures on iPhone and
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:28:24 am »
I changed the title, there are far to many possible 'holy shit' moments that joking about it is going to get you into trouble!
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: HOLY ****
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 07:29:22 am »
I still own the GBA game and honestly think it sucks. It's pokemon with good visual battles(3d battles). but it's just not all that fun.

I thought it was just a 1 time publish thing. All these game anouncements man. They're everywhere. Isn't it a bit too much? :lol:

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
Re: HOLY ****
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 07:38:22 am »
Quote from: "CrazyTails"
I still own the GBA game and honestly think it sucks. It's pokemon with good visual battles(3d battles). but it's just not all that fun.

I thought it was just a 1 time publish thing. All these game anouncements man. They're everywhere. Isn't it a bit too much? :lol:

Sega owns the Dinosaur King IP, they created it. It was originally an arcade game for kids in Japan and was very popular. As was their original game MushiKing. (The one with Stag beetles.)
Made by SEGA

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 07:46:18 am »
Ah that's interesting. Thanks for the heads up. So how about the anime cartoons? Are they from SEGA as well?

*googles*....

Oh wow, amazing. That's actually pretty awesome. I never knew we had a SEGA anime on TV here lol

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 07:51:23 am »
This series was very popular, but is dying in Japan too, like the whole list of Sega games for kids on the arcades. Very sad :|

In animes, Sega has Zillion!! For some time, it was more popular than Dragon Ball and Saint Seiya combined!

For some reason, Sega don't talk about it and don't allow people to talk about it. Kamiya however made some kind of a homage to it on Bayonetta ;p

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:28 am »
Oh wow, amazing. That's actually pretty awesome. I never knew we had a SEGA anime on TV here lol

Sonic X was also made with the same people, the SEGA Sammy group even owns just over 50% of the company that produced both cartoons, TMS Entertainment.

All part of their goals to become the number one entertainment company in the world.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2011, 08:36:49 am »
I have the purchase screen up on my iPod Touch. Debating if I should pull the trigger. I do have store credit, and am curious to check the thing out for the sake of game journalism.

Edit: Nevermind, read up on it and it requires iOS 4.2. My first gen iPod Touch only has 3.1.3

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2011, 09:38:23 am »
Quote from: "Aki-at"

Sonic X was also made with the same people, the SEGA Sammy group even owns just over 50% of the company that produced both cartoons, TMS Entertainment.

All part of their goals to become the number one entertainment company in the world.

that was in the past.
now it's a wholly owned subsidiary along with SEGA TOYS and Sammy Network Design and just recently Taiyo Electric as well.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2011, 09:46:14 am »
Quote from: "Suzuki Yu"
that was in the past.
now it's a wholly owned subsidiary along with SEGA TOYS and Sammy Network Design and just recently Taiyo Electric as well.

Oh so they are, I always thought so too, curse you Wikipedia for tricking me!

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2011, 06:17:59 pm »
That's interesting to know. Sadly their animation quality isn't all that. Wish they could do something more akin to the sonic OVA. Sonic X was pretty bad. I watched dinasour king once and it was pretty cheap as well (mostly s tatic images with mouths opening closing when they talk).

I mean yeah it's obvious when the anime is even here they must be making money from them. Some quality would be nice though

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2011, 06:50:36 pm »
Japan's animation industry as a whole is extremely cheaply themed. Even movies are developed around fairly cheap tech.

It is not really SEGA's fault but the continent as a whole. There is no reason to improve the quality when it will not get much more appreciation regardless.

Dinosaur King was designed with kids in mind and little else. It is really funny how they did not expect Bakugan to take off, but it did so well. Most funnily enough, when they already sold the rights to publishing all of the games to EA, or was it Activision? Ah, who cares.

Offline CosmicCastaway

• Total Meseta: 1
  • Loving Life
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »
I'm suddenly interested in checking out the Dinosaur King anime now that I know it is SEGA's IP.
Unlimited Continues:
http://unlimitedcontinues.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/favorite-five-video-game-ninjas/

For this edition of Unlimited Continues I share five of my favorite video game ninjas, three of which are SEGA characters!