Author Topic: Deep Fear ( pal version )  (Read 6343 times)

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
Deep Fear ( pal version )
« on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:11 am »
Hi, today i bought a copy of Deep fear  ( pal version ) for the Sega Saturn. I payed it 50 euro's is that much for this game ? It's in good condition and i like it from what i have played so far.
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
Re: Deep Fear ( pal version )
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 12:55:17 pm »
That sounds about right. It didn't receive a North American release, so the PAL version tends to be expensive; especially if it's in good condition. Damn good game. It was the first import I ever purchased for SEGA Saturn, though mine is Japanese. I reviewed it last year for Halloween. If you're interested, here's a link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avDtkYU3ZDk

Anyway, enjoy the game!
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Kevin-N

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:20 pm »
That sounds about right. It didn't receive a North American release, so the PAL version tends to be expensive; especially if it's in good condition. Damn good game. It was the first import I ever purchased for SEGA Saturn, though mine is Japanese. I reviewed it last year for Halloween. If you're interested, here's a link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avDtkYU3ZDk

Anyway, enjoy the game!

I have seen your review about 5 times ;-)
I didn't now it back then, but you liked it so it had to be good.
I like the Resident evil series from 0 to code veronica and it has simular gameplay so it was an instant buy if i found it. The thing is also that i always had a Sega master system, mega drive and dreamcast, i never had a saturn before. @ the time i bought a playstation because it was to much money for a saturn. Now that i have one im in love with it :-)
SEGA fan 4 life !

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 03:05:24 pm »

I have seen your review about 5 times ;-)
I didn't now it back then, but you liked it so it had to be good.
I like the Resident evil series from 0 to code veronica and it has simular gameplay so it was an instant buy if i found it. The thing is also that i always had a Sega master system, mega drive and dreamcast, i never had a saturn before. @ the time i bought a playstation because it was to much money for a saturn. Now that i have one im in love with it :-)

5 times? Damn! I have a hard time watching my episodes once I've finished editing. Hehe. Like you, I'm a big Resident Evil fan, though I tend to stick to numbered titles. Couldn't get into the Gun Survivor or Outbreak series. I've been replaying Code: Veronica. Love that game.

I feel you on the Saturn. I wanted one when it came out, but it was way too expensive. Bought the PlayStation instead. Once Saturn was discontinued, I bought it for $40 at Toys "R" Us. Later, I bought the Japanese Model 2 and started importing like crazy. While I love the PlayStation, the Saturn's my favorite console of the 32-bit age. Of all my consoles I play it the most.
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »
deep fear is allright and it perfectly matched resident evil. and it can even be better if u love the deep fear background more.
unlike the dreamcast game Carrier whih was a shamefull game

deep fear deserves to be called the best game.
i have it PAL but honestly its a backup. on the saturn i mainly have backups cause the games like u guys said in original shape are expensive.
since i have 60hz mod i can play the game like it is NTSC anyway faster better