Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

New Yakuza

<< < (3/226) > >>

Centrale:

--- Quote from: Aki-at on July 01, 2014, 11:18:34 am ---Trust me, it's worth it guys, YOU GET TO PUNCH BEARS IN THE NUTS!

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Aki, knowing that does make me feel a lot better. :D

inthesky:

--- Quote from: Aki-at on July 01, 2014, 08:55:06 am ---http://gematsu.com/2014/07/next-yakuza-game-ps4-ps3

Yakuza will not be a Playstation 4 exclusive in Japan. That pretty much seals it for me, not only do I not need a PS4 for a while longer but I think it says massively of the condition of the Playstation 4's future in Japan.

--- End quote ---

Oh dear. The major third party Japanese pub/devs aren't making a commitment to the next generation with their bigger franchises. Except for I guess Koei-Tecmo.

This is very worrisome. Adoption is too slow. And what does this say about localization - which companies are going to be willing to print PS3 discs in the west?

edit: I realize that Persona 5 is still coming out in 2015 in the West, so the doomsday clock has a lot of time left and I wasn't entirely right, but considering the delays that are generally endemic to localized games (we get it later than Japan more often than not) this could hurt the attractiveness of localization of some games if the publisher insists on doing it in house.

What's going to be the reason for most people to keep their PS3's? Right now it's because of the lack of backwards compatibility and that Gaikai streaming service or whatever on PS4 still being nonoperational. It's possible that once that happens, more people will ditch their PS3's. When that happens, will more third parties work on PS4? The only thing I'm aware of that's next-gen exclusive from the major third parties is some PS4 title that Ono from Capcom is working on.

ROJM:

--- Quote from: Mariano on July 01, 2014, 11:56:57 am ---he said that himself XD

--- End quote ---

Never said he didn't but he was treated poorly at Sega towards the end according to some people. So it makes no difference if he had put a PR spin on it. It ammounts to the same thing. Nice Sega... Sega not even a shadow of their former glory where all the legends of sega are now gone and their subsidaries are nothing but a glorified PC COMPANY or "bad" Sega where we had games like SHENMUE,SONIC JSR and countless others bursting out of the seams and being released in the west as well.

ROJM:

--- Quote from: inthesky on July 01, 2014, 02:05:23 pm ---Oh dear. The major third party Japanese pub/devs aren't making a commitment to the next generation with their bigger franchises. Except for I guess Koei-Tecmo.

This is very worrisome. Adoption is too slow. And what does this say about localization - which companies are going to be willing to print PS3 discs in the west?

edit: I realize that Persona 5 is still coming out in 2015 in the West, so the doomsday clock has a lot of time left and I wasn't entirely right, but considering the delays that are generally endemic to localized games (we get it later than Japan more often than not) this could hurt the attractiveness of localization of some games if the publisher insists on doing it in house.

What's going to be the reason for most people to keep their PS3's? Right now it's because of the lack of backwards compatibility and that Gaikai streaming service or whatever on PS4 still being nonoperational. It's possible that once that happens, more people will ditch their PS3's. When that happens, will more third parties work on PS4? The only thing I'm aware of that's next-gen exclusive from the major third parties is some PS4 title that Ono from Capcom is working on.

--- End quote ---

Why would they? Japan has moved towards digital mobile gaming in a massive way especially in the last five years even Sega, that's where everyone is making their money now. Its cheap to make and the returns are enourmous. The only traditional outlet they are comitted to is the nintendo handheld systems and even that may not last long. That's the reality of Japan and asia at the moment. Most of the consumers are playing mobile games now and not getting systems in their droves. If it continues which it should since this was predicted a while back it then remains to be seen if the japan companies can adapt if they want to continue making console titles.

Team Andromeda:

--- Quote ---Oh dear. The major third party Japanese pub/devs aren't making a commitment to the next generation with their bigger franchises. Except for I guess Koei-Tecmo.
--- End quote ---

Its Japan - that place is now Handheld central . Shame SEGA Japan haven't woken up the fact that its West and America when the main consoles sales are and you need Multi Platform games that are made with the west in mind . One day SEGA Japan may get it , but it may take until Yakuza 10 for that :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version