Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Cool Sega toys and action figures....offical and unofficial...

<< < (66/208) > >>

Mystic Monkey:

--- Quote from: Berto on September 25, 2022, 09:34:01 pm ---It's hard trying to make sense of it.
And most of them are still looking like a human.
More like a human and dinosaur hybrid than the evolve version of dinosaur,
just like Marvel's Lizzard.

I didn't hate the movie too.
It's still kinda entertaining and enjoyed it but may be partly because I didn't have attached feelings to the Mario game universe.

--- End quote ---
Well chicken are warm-blooded and if you pluck a chicken you get it's skin underneath it's feathers. So if dinosaurs evolved into birds (and whenever or not dinosaurs were cold-blooded which I don't think they were given the sheer size and temperament of the world at the time) it could be possible for a lizard to evolve into a mammal I suppose.

But the only way I can imagine Dinohatten residents evolving from various dinosaurs would be if some sort of new catastrophic event that caused surviving dinosaurs to mutate and become more compatible with one another for dino cross-breeding. Like a triceratops doing a stegosaurus or something.

Still if these Mario movies ever got sequels I'd be curios to see how Dinohatten reflected the video games Mushroom Kingdom.
I know there was a Super Mario Bros Movie fan comic but it only lasted for a few chapters before whoever was working on it got burned out or something.

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on September 26, 2022, 07:59:30 pm ---Well chicken are warm-blooded and if you pluck a chicken you get it's skin underneath it's feathers. So if dinosaurs evolved into birds (and whenever or not dinosaurs were cold-blooded which I don't think they were given the sheer size and temperament of the world at the time) it could be possible for a lizard to evolve into a mammal I suppose.

But the only way I can imagine Dinohatten residents evolving from various dinosaurs would be if some sort of new catastrophic event that caused surviving dinosaurs to mutate and become more compatible with one another for dino cross-breeding. Like a triceratops doing a stegosaurus or something.

Still if these Mario movies ever got sequels I'd be curios to see how Dinohatten reflected the video games Mushroom Kingdom.
I know there was a Super Mario Bros Movie fan comic but it only lasted for a few chapters before whoever was working on it got burned out or something.

--- End quote ---

Nintendo wouldn't let the sequel movie happened.
While now it's considered as a cult movie, back then it got mostly negative reviews and worse ... it grossed less than its production budget.
The failure alone led to Nintendo withholding the live-action movie rights to their properties for over 20 years, until 2019's Detective Pikachu came.

Mystic Monkey:

--- Quote from: Berto on September 26, 2022, 08:54:50 pm ---Nintendo wouldn't let the sequel movie happened.
While now it's considered as a cult movie, back then it got mostly negative reviews and worse ... it grossed less than its production budget.
The failure alone led to Nintendo withholding the live-action movie rights to their properties for over 20 years, until 2019's Detective Pikachu came.

--- End quote ---
Oh I know full well why the movie was terrible. But if you're a Mario fan who want's something more nitty-gritty then the movie would be perfect for that.

Imagine what, say, Shy Guys look like in Dinohatten.

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on September 27, 2022, 08:36:37 am ---Oh I know full well why the movie was terrible. But if you're a Mario fan who want's something more nitty-gritty then the movie would be perfect for that.

Imagine what, say, Shy Guys look like in Dinohatten.

--- End quote ---

While that Shy Guy design is cool, people will say their childhood is ruined though if the nitty-gritty went too far.
Same thing's happened with how the Twitter react to the new Winnie the Pooh movie.

Mystic Monkey:

--- Quote from: Berto on September 27, 2022, 08:50:20 pm ---While that Shy Guy design is cool, people will say their childhood is ruined though if the nitty-gritty went too far.
Same thing's happened with how the Twitter react to the new Winnie the Pooh movie.

--- End quote ---
Doesn't Disney own the rights to Winnie the Pooh? Why allow such a movie to be made? I heard they were going under a bit with the live-action films but they must really been tanking hard to allow this movie to be made.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version