Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Sonic The Hedgehog - A Little Ball of Energy in an Extremely Handsome Package

<< < (353/815) > >>

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on August 19, 2022, 07:30:59 pm ---It too looks like it's base it's gameplay on the first.
--- End quote ---

So, it's like fans upgrade / update for the first one?

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on August 19, 2022, 07:30:59 pm ---Excellent, I never really liked the gameplay in the sequels... except gears in Zero Gravity and how they unlocked additional abilities when you level up, other than that nerfing slipstreams and making the boards gravity powered made the game less intense for me.

--- End quote ---

They added more in the sequels but sacrificing the gameplays.

Berto:
See the complete SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Mini 2 lineup – European release confirmed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzE_oH-MDAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR7X1yCypKU

--- Quote ---SEGA Mega Drive Mini 2 (JP) has 62 Titles: 42 Mega Drive, 20 MEGA CD, 1 SEGA CD. 10 of the Mega Drive titles are New/Unreleased.
SEGA Genesis Mini 2 has 61 titles: 49 Genesis, 12 SEGA CD. 8 of the Genesis titles are New/Unreleased.
For EGA Mega Drive Mini 2 (JP), 35 of the 63 titles become US/UK versions when switching the language to English.
--- End quote ---

Article : http://segabits.com/blog/2022/08/19/see-the-complete-sega-mega-drive-genesis-mini-2-lineup-european-release-confirmed/

Mystic Monkey:

--- Quote from: Berto on August 19, 2022, 10:55:21 pm ---So, it's like fans upgrade / update for the first one? No HUD, no motion blur on screen.

They added more in the sequels but sacrificing the gameplays.

--- End quote ---
But it was the gameplay that made it feel more fast and intense.

Here's Dr. Eggman on Metal City from Sonic Riders. (No HUD, no motion blur on screen.)
Here's Tails on Megalo Station from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. (as it is, with HUD and blur effects.)

Is it me or even without it's screen effects the gameplay in Sonic Riders looks more faster and exciting than it does for Zero Gravity. Am I right about this or am I just crazy at these differences I'm noticing?

And given the first game makes use of a funnel of air that trails behind you when you're fast means your opponents can take the advantage meaning you have to work hard to keep your position, but isn't this disadvantage more fair than say, a blue shell?

Berto:
Sonic Speed Simulator - Camper Knuckles & Big the Cat Angler

--- Quote ---LATEST UPDATE:

BIG AND KNUCKLES GO CAMPING!

Big wants to go camping with Knuckles, but Knuckles is not interested. Big knows that Knuckles likes grapes, and he needs your help to collect enough grapes to convince Knuckles to go with him!

◉ Unlock Camper Knuckles & Big the Cat Angler as a playable character!
◉ Collect two new types of Chao: Traveler Chao and the legendary Fisherman Chao.
◉ New Bubble Trail to collect!
◉ New VIP Gamepass!
--- End quote ---

Play here: https://www.roblox.com/games/9049840490/GO-CAMPING-Sonic-Speed-Simulator

Berto:

--- Quote from: Mystic Monkey on August 20, 2022, 04:27:19 am ---But it was the gameplay that made it feel more fast and intense.

Here's Dr. Eggman on Metal City from Sonic Riders. (No HUD, no motion blur on screen.)
Here's Tails on Megalo Station from Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity. (as it is, with HUD and blur effects.)

Is it me or even without it's screen effects the gameplay in Sonic Riders looks more faster and exciting than it does for Zero Gravity. Am I right about this or am I just crazy at these differences I'm noticing?

And given the first game makes use of a funnel of air that trails behind you when you're fast means your opponents can take the advantage meaning you have to work hard to keep your position, but isn't this disadvantage more fair than say, a blue shell?

--- End quote ---

No, you're right.
Riders feels more satisfying to play too.
The shouldn't try to fix what's not broken.

Blue shell is one of reasons why I hate Mario Kart series.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version