Author Topic: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams  (Read 183066 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Anime Topic - List & Streams
« Reply #180 on: January 06, 2022, 12:21:43 am »
Get this Free Smartphone Calendar of SEGA's Chunithm Official Anime "Irodori Midori"

This free "smartphone calendar" is a New Year's gift project with the gratitude to all the "Irodori Midori" fans who have supported the work so far and to many who will know the work from now on.
There are months when the character's birthday is listed, so let's celebrate together.

Download this calendar here : https://chunithm.sega.jp/irodorimidori/anime/special/

Offline Mystic Monkey

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #181 on: January 06, 2022, 08:12:41 am »
Image not working.
Jakks individual toys were good though,
the articulation were always built good,
not breaking easily.
Sorry, here it is.
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/File:Jakks30thGHZplayset.jpg

Offline Berto

« Reply #182 on: January 06, 2022, 10:59:03 pm »
Sorry, here it is.
https://sonic.fandom.com/wiki/File:Jakks30thGHZplayset.jpg

Their playset and diorama isn't interesting enough,
but still good for individual character toys.

Offline Berto

« Reply #183 on: January 07, 2022, 12:08:59 am »

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #184 on: January 07, 2022, 10:08:31 am »
Their playset and diorama isn't interesting enough,
but still good for individual character toys.
I guess, but could at least make a playset based on an actual hill, or at least make a collection of playsets based on other zones.

Annie: I was hit back, struck back by someone wearing a boars head, but his bare chest was so smooth!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 10:11:00 am by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #185 on: January 08, 2022, 12:27:29 am »
Annie: I was hit back, struck back by someone wearing a boars head, but his bare chest was so smooth!

Just kidding, already read the manga version.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #186 on: January 08, 2022, 09:52:54 am »

Just kidding, already read the manga version.
It was last episode so no spoiler for me either.

Offline Berto

« Reply #187 on: January 11, 2022, 12:33:26 am »

Offline Berto

« Reply #188 on: January 12, 2022, 12:29:03 am »
SEGA's Chunithm Official Anime: Irodori Midori #2 "Get The Words!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9bpTt7XoJ4

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #189 on: January 12, 2022, 11:26:34 am »
I should get back into watching anime this year. I hope my favourites will get seasons this year.

Yami Shibai 10 has started.

Offline Berto

« Reply #190 on: January 13, 2022, 12:16:33 am »
SEGA's Chunithm Official Anime: Irodori Midori Episode 03 will be Aired on January 18, 2022

Maigahara Senior High, a prestigious music school, has always had a mysterious rumour: if a musical act can perform well enough at the annual school festival, extra credit will be mysteriously added to their report.
This piques the interest of Serina Akesaka, a student who, while enthusiastic, is somewhat lacking in the grades department; in response to the rumour, she forms the band Irodorimidori and attempts to earn the mystical extra credit for each of its members.

Link : https://chunithm.sega.jp/irodorimidori/anime/

Offline Berto

« Reply #191 on: January 13, 2022, 12:17:51 am »
I should get back into watching anime this year. I hope my favourites will get seasons this year.

Yami Shibai 10 has started.

I guess you like horror stories, or stories with ghosts
since you watched Mieruko-chan too last year.
I'm curious ... What scariest movie have you ever seen?

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #192 on: January 13, 2022, 09:59:17 pm »
I guess you like horror stories, or stories with ghosts
since you watched Mieruko-chan too last year.
I'm curious ... What scariest movie have you ever seen?
In truth growing up I was somewhat of a pansy when it comes to scary movies and somewhat still am so I don't really have a "scariest movie". I mean I was 11 when Blaire Witch Project came out and I remember watching it with my mother, and by "watching" it mostly covered my face with Mum's arm or something like that. While there are those who "enjoy" being scared, I question why people enjoy being scared.

But as I grew up I realised I don't find most horror movies as scary but I still don't really bother with them. I mostly like Yami Shibai because of the suspense and storytelling than desire to be scared. I also like Mieruko-chan because I find it rather different than most anime I've seen out there.

When I was a kid growing up I liked anime, I found it a different and exotic form of cartoon but anime was rarely shown on TV. Now that I can watch anime on the internet I find most anime recycle the same tropes that I rarely find anime I enjoy. Common tropes such as harem with protag where every girl desires him but still a whiney lil pansy who dare not grab at the low hanging fruit despite said fruit practically being picked and served for him, anime set in some fantasy land, often with RPG elements for absolutely no reason. Like seriously, why should I care if a sword has +2 damage when your mother is an OP milf, or girl with impossibly high defence  or magic stats or whatever RPG mumbo-jumbo when we're watching an anime and not playing a game. Or slice of life anime about japanese school girls doing japanese school girl things, how many japanese school girl anime do we need?

And of course anime set in dystopian future with edgy protagonists. Often dystopian due to deep sci-fi lore reasons that I can't get my head around. Probably to do with demons, aliens or monsters created from human folly.

I know regular western cartoons aren't that diverse but I rarely find anime I'm interested in because I probably seen the tropes done to death or it's just over my head.
But there are a few anime I genuinely like, such as Jojo Bizarre Adventures, OnePunch Man, Zombie Land Saga (Season 1 opening reminds me of THotD for some reason), Demon Slayer (granted, usual tropes but well animated and good story) and there is probably other anime I like that I forgot to mention.

As for "popular anime" like One Piece or Naruto, no, just no.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 10:05:16 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #193 on: January 13, 2022, 11:02:12 pm »
In truth growing up I was somewhat of a pansy when it comes to scary movies and somewhat still am so I don't really have a "scariest movie". I mean I was 11 when Blaire Witch Project came out and I remember watching it with my mother, and by "watching" it mostly covered my face with Mum's arm or something like that. While there are those who "enjoy" being scared, I question why people enjoy being scared.

But as I grew up I realised I don't find most horror movies as scary but I still don't really bother with them. I mostly like Yami Shibai because of the suspense and storytelling than desire to be scared. I also like Mieruko-chan because I find it rather different than most anime I've seen out there.

When I was a kid growing up I liked anime, I found it a different and exotic form of cartoon but anime was rarely shown on TV. Now that I can watch anime on the internet I find most anime recycle the same tropes that I rarely find anime I enjoy. Common tropes such as harem with protag where every girl desires him but still a whiney lil pansy who dare not grab at the low hanging fruit despite said fruit practically being picked and served for him, anime set in some fantasy land, often with RPG elements for absolutely no reason. Like seriously, why should I care if a sword has +2 damage when your mother is an OP milf, or girl with impossibly high defence  or magic stats or whatever RPG mumbo-jumbo when we're watching an anime and not playing a game. Or slice of life anime about japanese school girls doing japanese school girl things, how many japanese school girl anime do we need?

And of course anime set in dystopian future with edgy protagonists. Often dystopian due to deep sci-fi lore reasons that I can't get my head around. Probably to do with demons, aliens or monsters created from human folly.

I know regular western cartoons aren't that diverse but I rarely find anime I'm interested in because I probably seen the tropes done to death or it's just over my head.
But there are a few anime I genuinely like, such as Jojo Bizarre Adventures, OnePunch Man, Zombie Land Saga (Season 1 opening reminds me of THotD for some reason), Demon Slayer (granted, usual tropes but well animated and good story) and there is probably other anime I like that I forgot to mention.

As for "popular anime" like One Piece or Naruto, no, just no.

I question why people enjoy being scared too,
I can't even stand Resident Evil games, lol.
Still being scared can give us a thrilling rush,
a rush of adrenaline but not actually in any danger like in extreme sports
may be that's what they after.

Most anime on the internet recycle the same tropes because that's what popular.
It's their safe bet.
So I wouldn't be surprised Isekai genre (reborn or transported from their world into a new or unfamiliar one, mostly fantasy one) would still continue to show up five years from now.

How about anime that break the trope?
Usually it's adapted from a manga that's already popular.
Adapting from popular manga is still considered as safe bet.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2022, 01:54:24 pm »
I question why people enjoy being scared too,
I can't even stand Resident Evil games, lol.
Still being scared can give us a thrilling rush,
a rush of adrenaline but not actually in any danger like in extreme sports
may be that's what they after.
Actually, I do like zombie movies. I've seen most of the "Living Dead" movies, especially all of Romero's. I don't find zombie movies all that scary though I never really bothered with the Walking Dead series given I find them less about zombies and more about the human drama around them. I do enjoy "zomedies" though but other than Bio Zombie, Shaun of the Dead of Zombieland 1 and 2 there's slim pickings in that regard.
It's why I go on about making my own The House of the Dead fan movie ideas at times, because I can imagine it embracing it's tongue and cheek humour to make a brilliant zomedy mystery movie. Though Planet Terror would also be an inspirational source.

Most anime on the internet recycle the same tropes because that's what popular.
It's their safe bet.
So I wouldn't be surprised Isekai genre (reborn or transported from their world into a new or unfamiliar one, mostly fantasy one) would still continue to show up five years from now.

How about anime that break the trope?
Usually it's adapted from a manga that's already popular.
Adapting from popular manga is still considered as safe bet.
I imagine japanese studios are either scraping the barrel or are just working with what's marketable. For example iseki harems are done to death but don't we all secretly wish we can have a sexy do-over with our own lives now and again? Heck sometimes I wish I can "quit being fat" and go on an iseki barbarian adventure. Slayin and layin'.

Still I could watch one of many iseki anime about someone else's adventure which is fine and dandy if they are genuinely interesting characters and stories, but given these tropes are done to death I sorta lost interest in trying new anime out.
And one can't really blame the "Iseki trope" given it's been done long before it became a trope since 1865 Alice in Wonderland. So many western shows can be regarded as iseki already.