Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

Pirate pays Nintendo $1.6 Million Settlement

<< < (3/3)

MadeManG74:
I agree there is something odd about it. I think we noted in this thread that it was an out of court settlement, not a judge's ruling.

Old_School:

--- Quote from: "Aki-at" ---Looks like Nintendo want to make a particular example out of someone, instead of just demanding all that money from him to me. Don't think they realistically believe he can pay up.
--- End quote ---

Exactly. He'll never be able to pay that and Nintendo knows it. They probably agreed to let him off on a much smaller fine and publically flaunt the "1.6 million" figure to scare off other, would-be pirates. That would also explain why Nintendo forbids him from saying anything about the dispute.

Snowcat:
I saw this guy on the news this morning, I was very shocked... I laughed when the guys said 1.6 mil... I thought he had messed up :/ this takes the piss... it won't stop people pirating... it just makes Nintendo look like dicks.

MadeManG74:

--- Quote from: "Old_School" ---
--- Quote from: "Aki-at" ---Looks like Nintendo want to make a particular example out of someone, instead of just demanding all that money from him to me. Don't think they realistically believe he can pay up.
--- End quote ---

Exactly. He'll never be able to pay that and Nintendo knows it. They probably agreed to let him off on a much smaller fine and publically flaunt the "1.6 million" figure to scare off other, would-be pirates. That would also explain why Nintendo forbids him from saying anything about the dispute.
--- End quote ---

I think it's more like giving a 75 Year old a life sentance. They obviously won't serve the full amount, but they still get the sentance.

This guy will probably have to give up 10% of his pay for the rest of his life or something like that. He might never get to the full amount, but he still gets the punishment.

IF it's all kosher.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version