Author Topic: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"  (Read 106811 times)

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: SEGA Live Action Movies Thread - "Of course I want a latte!"
« Reply #525 on: October 24, 2022, 08:32:57 pm »

Offline Berto

« Reply #526 on: October 24, 2022, 08:33:20 pm »
There are a few fanfilm links I've been meaning to point out and to update.. but still waiting on that "Rage" fanfilm.

I know Ninja Kids remastered their Sonic movie video. They even made a Sonic vs Flash video.

Other than that, no new fan films to report.

Nice. I'll update the list again then.

Offline Berto

« Reply #527 on: October 24, 2022, 08:36:16 pm »
Official acrylic stand from Sonic 2 the Movie / Sonic VS Knuckles

Introducing the official acrylic stand from Sonic 2 the Movie / Sonic VS Knuckles
Sonic and Tails appear in the movie from Sonic the Movie: Sonic VS Knuckles has become an acrylic stand.
Sonic and tail positions can be replaced so you can personalize it to your preference and display it around your room or desk!
Size: Sonic approx. W 2.8 x H 5.6 inches (72 x 141 mm), Tail approx. W 3.6 x 4.4 inches (92 x 112 mm), Base approx. W 2.0 x H 5.5 inches (50 x 140 mm)
Product Material: Acrylic

Link : https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/gp/product/B0B48RFQFT/

Offline DrScottnik

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #528 on: October 24, 2022, 10:27:15 pm »
Thank you for making said movie and for taking up time to come here respond to it.

I always appreciate Sega fan films. I myself has had ideas for a House of the Dead one, but I'm just a one guy.

I do plan on doing a House of the Dead fan film at some points! Please do share your ideas and I'll try to see if I can incorporate it in anyway! :)

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #529 on: October 25, 2022, 01:27:15 pm »

I do plan on doing a House of the Dead fan film at some points! Please do share your ideas and I'll try to see if I can incorporate it in anyway! :)
That be wonderful!

The idea I had is a "Zomedy" with my inspirations being the Zombieland movies and Robert Rodriguez' Planet Terror.

If you want, we can talk about it over on this thread where I have already written down my ideas.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 06:38:22 pm by Mystic Monkey »

Offline Berto

« Reply #530 on: November 09, 2022, 07:30:00 pm »
Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam REMIX updated schedule of the event
RAGE: Fan Film is one of the main event

Only 4 days away until Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam REMIX.
Here is our updated schedule of the event!
Get your badges today: https://ssfanjamremix.com/event-details/

Source : https://twitter.com/SSFanJam/status/1590117068065890304

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #531 on: November 21, 2022, 07:33:06 pm »
Streets of Rage fanfilm by Fran Campos Films is finally up!
It's called RAGE: A Streets of Rage Fanfilm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHGB8IeGLmI

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #532 on: November 21, 2022, 08:03:21 pm »
Streets of Rage fanfilm by Fran Campos Films is finally up!
It's called RAGE: A Streets of Rage Fanfilm
Huh... not as RAGEous as I was hoping for. Wood Oak City consist entirely of a route through España Shopping Centre and the fight scenes are too obviously choreographed that they completely lack impact.

Less of a Streets of Rage and more of a Mall of Discontent.

Offline Berto

« Reply #533 on: November 22, 2022, 06:54:56 pm »
Huh... not as RAGEous as I was hoping for. Wood Oak City consist entirely of a route through España Shopping Centre and the fight scenes are too obviously choreographed that they completely lack impact.

Less of a Streets of Rage and more of a Mall of Discontent.

That's kinda ... okay, I guess.
My expectation of fan films are always low so that  I could still the appreciate the effort in making this.
Though of course I'd love to be surprised, but not in this film I guess.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #534 on: November 23, 2022, 05:02:06 pm »
That's kinda ... okay, I guess.
My expectation of fan films are always low so that  I could still the appreciate the effort in making this.
Though of course I'd love to be surprised, but not in this film I guess.
They could of at least used fake or "soft" weapons to make hitting each other look more real. And of course the right camera work and audio-editing to make the impacts look and sound more like they pack a punch.

And I know they only had Torremolinos to work with and no a built up city like New York or San Francisco but they could at least shoot the urban scenes around the coastal areas to more simulate City Street, Inner City and Beach Front. The fact they used what looks like an alley through a rather tidy shopping district just made it feel less like a dirty metropolis and more like a built up town with problems.
It's a pity because there are parts of Torremolinos that could pass for a built-up cityscape with the right locations for filming.

Offline Berto

« Reply #535 on: November 23, 2022, 07:42:31 pm »
They could of at least used fake or "soft" weapons to make hitting each other look more real. And of course the right camera work and audio-editing to make the impacts look and sound more like they pack a punch.

And I know they only had Torremolinos to work with and no a built up city like New York or San Francisco but they could at least shoot the urban scenes around the coastal areas to more simulate City Street, Inner City and Beach Front. The fact they used what looks like an alley through a rather tidy shopping district just made it feel less like a dirty metropolis and more like a built up town with problems.
It's a pity because there are parts of Torremolinos that could pass for a built-up cityscape with the right locations for filming.

It also had something to do with deadline.
They promised that fan film will be ready to show first on Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam Remix 2022 Convention and they did deliver, but having such deadline made them limiting their own potential.
Fan project could take time they need, they shouldn't be rushed.

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #536 on: November 25, 2022, 08:07:40 am »
It also had something to do with deadline.
They promised that fan film will be ready to show first on Sonic & SEGA Fan Jam Remix 2022 Convention and they did deliver, but having such deadline made them limiting their own potential.
Fan project could take time they need, they shouldn't be rushed.
I agree. Not to be harsh on them but kinda feel a bit let down on this. I may not be "subscribed" to them (I don;t really subscribe to any YouTube channel, I just check on the ones I like now and again) but I have been checking up on them looking forward to this project.

Meh not like I can do any better anyway. even if I had a budget I don't live in or near a city.

Offline Berto

« Reply #537 on: December 06, 2022, 07:36:44 am »
‘ToeJam & Earl’ Movie in the Works from Amazon, Stephen Curry (Exclusive)

Amos Vernon and Nunzio Randazzo, the writers behind Hotel Transylvania 4 and the upcoming Disney+ Superfudge series, will pen the screenplay.
Story Kitchen’s Dmitri M. Johnson and Dan Jevons (Sonic the Hedgehog) will produce with Unanimous’ Curry and Erick Peyton, with Story Kitchen’s Mike Goldberg co-producing. Story Kitchen’s Timothy I. Stevenson, Unanimous’s Jenelle Lindsay, and Voorsanger and Johnson will executive produce.

Article : https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/toejam-and-earl-movie-in-the-works-stephen-curry-exclusive-1235275179/

Offline Berto

« Reply #538 on: January 01, 2023, 01:21:50 am »
Sonic Movie Writers Talk Big the Cat, Shadow, & Agent Stone

“That was a big challenge with us and Jeff (Fowler) and Toby (Ascher), breaking the story for Sonic 3 and, obviously, they’ll murder us if we reveal too much, but with a character like Knuckles it very quickly was easy to see how we’d make Knuckles work so you can take him seriously, but he can also be funny since this is a Sonic the Hedgehog movie,” Miller said.
“You look to characters like Worf from Star Trek: The Next Generation or Drax from Guardians of the Galaxy. It’s easier to wrap your head around that with Shadow, again, because he’s not really supposed to be that funny. I’m trying to think of what we can say since we can’t reveal anything.”

Article : https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1251874-sonic-movie-writers-talk-big-the-cat-shadow-agent-stone

Offline Mystic Monkey

« Reply #539 on: January 01, 2023, 06:32:43 am »
Sonic Movie Writers Talk Big the Cat, Shadow, & Agent Stone

Article : https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1251874-sonic-movie-writers-talk-big-the-cat-shadow-agent-stone
I had a feeling Big the Cat will make it in the movies eventually, I just dunno how about they would do it.

Maybe as a background character where audience can point to him and say "THERE HE IS!"