Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

What if: a Shinobi sequel was made on the Bayonetta Engine?

(1/9) > >>

MadeManG74:

So I thought this might make an interesting topic, as there was quite a discussion on this over IM the other day.

Lets say that Sega were to make a sequel to Shinobi using Bayonetta's engine, how should the game play?

Should they include a deep combat system, or keep it centered heavily on platforming, with only basic attacks to quickly dispose of enemies?

What should the platforming be like? Should it be stealthy and somewhat open like a fast paced Splinter Cell, or should it be linear and action packed?

I personally think that they should include a good combat system based heavily on speed and fluid combinations. I think that you should be able to take out enemies without having to stop, or at least stopping very briefly. Have it so that it's easy and fast to combine running, kunai throwing and up close sword attacks, so you can start attacking from far away and by the time you get close they are ready to be finished off.

While I can understand that platforming probably should be the focus, even the older Shinobi games had bosses and heavy enemies that took longer to take down, and in this case I think a good, but basic combat system would be important. Not having thousands of combos like Bayonetta, but the ablility to be attacking while moving quickly, and to chain all those attacks together should be the main focus, similar in some ways to the way attacks are chained with ease in Arkham Asylum.

So what do you guys think, and how do you picture the a possible Shinobi sequel?

George:
I think it should have simple and fun combat system. Look at Batman's combat for his latest game, not that deep but gets the job done. I would like for them to focus on plateforming mixed with some action. Surfing? PLz.

I would like the stealth to be more like Uncharted 2, it was easy and not a pain in the ass like Splinter Cell's. The game should be fast paced, not slow.

ribbitking17:
I picture it exactly like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L7gAjwMu7g

MadeManG74:

--- Quote from: "George" ---I think it should have simple and fun combat system. Look at Batman's combat for his latest game, not that deep but gets the job done. I would like for them to focus on plateforming mixed with some action. Surfing? PLz.

I would like the stealth to be more like Uncharted 2, it was easy and not a pain in the ass like Splinter Cell's. The game should be fast paced, not slow.
--- End quote ---

Hey! Splinter Cell are some of my favourite games!

I agree that Shinobi should be nothing like Splinter Cell in terms of gameplay, but  I meant more the level design, so that you are dropped into a level and have various ways to get about/sneak around. OBviously in a Shinobi game it would be much faster, but you could dive out a window and ninja-shimmy across to another room, or you could wall jump up an elevator shaft to get to the same place etc.

Sharky:
I say make a badass action game, loads of set peice battles a deep combat system IF YOU SO CHOOSE... bring back that tate system was it called? from Shinobi PS2 where you wizz around and do that cool kill animation.

YEAH... oh and i guess it can have some platforming too keep those whiners happy!

:afroman:

*Waits for melt down*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version