Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

What if: a Shinobi sequel was made on the Bayonetta Engine?

<< < (3/9) > >>

Waffle:
Assassins do not do combos, they are supposed to kill in single strikes. Shinobi is also more about projectiles than using his sword, anyway. That is just his secondary weapon.

MadeManG74:

--- Quote from: "Sega Uranus" ---In Shinobi games, there are enemies that take multiple hits, but never combos and stuff. You could get the power upgrade that makes you stronger, but at most enemies only took like three hits. It was also never really a fast platformer, the speed was optional, and that was good!
--- End quote ---

The bosses took more than three hits, and I suggest that the stronger enemies should only need a thrown kunai and a sword slash or two. I figure having some basic combo/attack links would be better than doing the same attack 2 or 3 times.

I agree it doesn't need to be a fast platformer, but that option should be there, and a good combat system would mean you don't need to be bogged down killing fodder enemies.

Sharky:

--- Quote from: "MadeManG74" ---
--- Quote from: "Sega Uranus" ---In Shinobi games, there are enemies that take multiple hits, but never combos and stuff. You could get the power upgrade that makes you stronger, but at most enemies only took like three hits. It was also never really a fast platformer, the speed was optional, and that was good!
--- End quote ---

The bosses took more than three hits, and I suggest that the stronger enemies should only need a thrown kunai and a sword slash or two. I figure having some basic combo/attack links would be better than doing the same attack 2 or 3 times.

I agree it doesn't need to be a fast platformer, but that option should be there, and a good combat system would mean you don't need to be bogged down killing fodder enemies.
--- End quote ---

Exactly... shame some people don't like options in their games.

Sega Uranus:
Obviously the bosses would take more than three hits... They always have. Those are bosses... Even with this you almost always exclusively hit them with kunais.

Sharky basically wants something like God of War though, meaning like every enemy would take tons and tons of hits. He is missing the point the franchise and just thinks I am disagreeing because I do not want "Options". I just want it to be Shinobi, not every other damn hack n slash out there and have it to fall into obscurity because it is like everything else out there.

Sharky:

--- Quote from: "Sega Uranus" ---Obviously the bosses would take more than three hits... They always have. Those are bosses... Even with this you almost always exclusively hit them with kunais.

Sharky basically wants something like God of War though, meaning like every enemy would take tons and tons of hits. He is missing the point the franchise and just thinks I am disagreeing because I do not want "Options". I just want it to be Shinobi, not every other damn hack n slash out there and have it to fall into obscurity because it is like everything else out there.
--- End quote ---

If you think God of War is a complex battle system you are mental.
Bayonetta is a complex battle system and it rocks!

:afroman:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version