Gaming > General Gaming Discussion

What if: a Shinobi sequel was made on the Bayonetta Engine?

<< < (8/9) > >>

Orta:
PS3 has Yakuza and Valkyria. So, no.

(WHY U DOIN DIS GEORGE  :cry: )

Sega Uranus:
I would not outright call the PlayStation 3 superior hardware, it depends on how you look at it.

To break it down easily for the non-nerds among us, there are just things some consoles can do better than others, and some things one can do, but the other cannot. The Xbox 360 is better with textures, the PlayStation 3 is better with shadows, etc etc. It is the reason the gore was severely toned down on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, the PlayStation 3 just could not handle that many textures.

Most likely Platinum wanted Bayonetta to be an Xbox 360 exclusive, but SEGA was like "Hey, I know how we can make more money!". I am betting on the engine just being scrapped honestly, might as well just make something that works great on both platforms and can cut down production time. If they could, I am sure they would put it on as many platforms as they could within budget.

But I guess SEGA is insane at times and do not really care so they might just do anything.

Orta:

--- Quote from: "Sega Uranus" ---I would not outright call the PlayStation 3 superior hardware, it depends on how you look at it.
--- End quote ---

Technically, and overall, it is.

--- Quote --- It is the reason the gore was severely toned down on Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, the PlayStation 3 just could not handle that many textures.
--- End quote ---

Because the game was designed with the Xbox 360 in mind in the first place. You would never get Uncharted 2 as it is on the Xbox 360.

I mean, saying the hardware is better depending on how you look at it is the same as saying the Dreamcast is, in fact, superior to the Playstation 2 just because it has a better sound processor (and it does, PS2 sound=shit) and a 56k modem.

--- Quote ---Most likely Platinum wanted Bayonetta to be an Xbox 360 exclusive, but SEGA was like "Hey, I know how we can make more money!".
--- End quote ---

The game bombed.  :cry:

Sega Uranus:
I think comparing the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2 is also fair. Dreamcast has far better video RAM and does not have that shitty filter.  :lol:

--- Quote ---The game bombed. :cry:
--- End quote ---

I think you meant to say it is the bomb?  :shock:

Orta:
Not the point but so damn true. :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version