Author Topic: So..the t-shirts...it's almost 3 months later...  (Read 42649 times)

Offline Mengels7

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: So..the t-shirts...it's almost 3 months later...
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
Any progress? I'd rather have the shirt than a refund.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 04:36:34 pm »
I talked to George after last week's podcast and he said he would be shipping them out. I don't want to speak for him, but I think it is a matter of his school schedule being hectic and him making it to the post office. I will continue to remind him every chance I can, I'm really very sorry for the delay. If I could drive out to California and ship them for him I would. I want to see my designs in person, and the wait has been just as difficult for me as it has been for all of you.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57:13 pm »
I talked to George after last week's podcast and he said he would be shipping them out. I don't want to speak for him, but I think it is a matter of his school schedule being hectic and him making it to the post office. I will continue to remind him every chance I can, I'm really very sorry for the delay. If I could drive out to California and ship them for him I would. I want to see my designs in person, and the wait has been just as difficult for me as it has been for all of you.

Nobody's holding it against you Barry, no worries. I mostly donated hoping I was helping SegaBits stay afloat. Great site. But I was promised that sweet looking t-shirt y'know?

Still holding out hope that I snag one someday soon :)

Offline JetSetRadioForever

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2013, 07:56:57 am »
Nobody's holding it against you Barry, no worries. I mostly donated hoping I was helping SegaBits stay afloat. Great site. But I was promised that sweet looking t-shirt y'know?

Still holding out hope that I snag one someday soon :)

Yeah, I'm gonna call it a lost cause. I truly hope at least SegaBits got the money but obviously, if another promotion comes up like this, you'll forgive my hesitance in donating again. 

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2013, 08:41:24 am »
I completely understand and agree with you. I can assure you that the money did go towards the site and its content, as we pay to retain the domain name, as well as put money into improving our audio/video content, as well as storing all the stuff we've worked on and archive it in case of a potential site-wide crash. However, the shirts were the promised reward and I will try my hardest to make sure everybody gets the reward they were promised.

Two podcasts ago I mentioned shipping the shirts to George, and he has told me he will send them out, but then he didn't. It wasn't until the next podcast that I had the chance to talk to him, and he apologized and said he would ship them out. Honestly, I think it might be a case of him being busy and forgetting, or it ended up being that the shipping cost was higher than he expected. I thought the $13-$16 price per shirt was incredibly low, given he was making them himself by screen printing, and buying both the shirts and the inks, plus he was shipping them himself AND was open to international orders.

Despite all of this, it's no excuse for the wait following the shirt's completion. I will bring it up again to him tonight and seriously push him to send the shirts out. Again, I completely understand any hesitations you may have in the future. All I can do is try my hardest to remind and pressure George.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 05:13:28 pm »
I completely understand and agree with you. I can assure you that the money did go towards the site and its content, as we pay to retain the domain name, as well as put money into improving our audio/video content, as well as storing all the stuff we've worked on and archive it in case of a potential site-wide crash. However, the shirts were the promised reward and I will try my hardest to make sure everybody gets the reward they were promised.

Two podcasts ago I mentioned shipping the shirts to George, and he has told me he will send them out, but then he didn't. It wasn't until the next podcast that I had the chance to talk to him, and he apologized and said he would ship them out. Honestly, I think it might be a case of him being busy and forgetting, or it ended up being that the shipping cost was higher than he expected. I thought the $13-$16 price per shirt was incredibly low, given he was making them himself by screen printing, and buying both the shirts and the inks, plus he was shipping them himself AND was open to international orders.

Despite all of this, it's no excuse for the wait following the shirt's completion. I will bring it up again to him tonight and seriously push him to send the shirts out. Again, I completely understand any hesitations you may have in the future. All I can do is try my hardest to remind and pressure George.

He's in the UK, correct?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »
He's in the UK, correct?

George lives in California

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:43 pm »
Okay this is getting ridiculous. Have they shipped or not? George isn't so busy that he can't post here and let us know. I see him write on the site enough. If it was "donate to the site to keep it going" that's one thing, but I ordered a T-Shirt and would like it. Or a refund. I don't like being jerked around like this.

Send Centrale his Yakuza stuff while you're at it?

Thanks,
Mark

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 08:17:31 pm »
I agree. I've reminded him each time I've talked with him, which was during the past three podcasts.

The first time it was the situation with improper postage, the second time he was busy with school and forgot. I told him to send them that week and he said he would. The third and latest time I spoke with him, the week before Thanksgiving, he apologized and said he would do it on the Monday before Thanksgiving. But it looks like he forgot. Again. At this point it's sounding like chronic laziness...

Also, I did mention the Yakuza stuff, and George said he would send it out with the shirts. Honestly guys, I'm really frustrated over the whole thing. A month back, I thought he had simply given up on the site affer a three weeks of no posting or replying to messages from me. But that ended up him being busy at school and the initial shipping snafu. But now... I honestly don't know why it's been so difficult. He has the energy to do podcasts and write articles, but hasn't posted to the forums in a long while or sent out the shirts. I won't make any more excuses for him. He needs to send these damn things out.

Once this shirt situation ends, from here on out I'll be the one handling contest mailings and any other things that we wish to produce and sell. Because honestly I want to do more of these things, but I do not want George handling mailing as it has been made clear he is very bad at.

George, if you're reading this, I love ya bro but this is getting really annoying and ridiculous.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 08:34:55 pm by Barry the Nomad »

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2013, 08:54:41 am »
Well, if something like this needs to be done again and we have your assurance that you'll be handling things, Barry, then I'll have no problem kicking in some cash again. I may not post in these forums all that much but believe I'm a loyal fan and always visit here when I need a Sega fix.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2013, 09:47:45 am »
Well, if something like this needs to be done again and we have your assurance that you'll be handling things, Barry, then I'll have no problem kicking in some cash again. I may not post in these forums all that much but believe I'm a loyal fan and always visit here when I need a Sega fix.

Thanks dude, that means a lot to me and the site. Next year we have a few things planned with another DVD from AJ's web series, as well as a few ideas I'm cooking up for our convention appearance in June. I was thinking a "SEGAbits Fun Pack" featuring a DVD, CD, VMU business card, random Genesis game from my local used game store, and potentially a piece of E3 2014 swag.

I'd also like to do another shirt, but I don't want to discuss that until we get this sorted.

Offline Nameless 24

• Total Meseta: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 09:43:44 am »
Not to hassle you unduly, but if you're sending things out this week, could you include my prize? Thanks.

Wow...I just saw your Signature and counted how long it's been. @_@

21 months...wow.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Mengels7

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 01:44:31 am »
Wow...I just saw your Signature and counted how long it's been. @_@

21 months...wow.

Yeah, even a "Fuck all of you, you're not getting your shirts and prize, move on" would be better than the silence.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 08:08:05 am »
I've sent George another PM. The last time we communicated was the podcast before Christmas. I suggest you send him PMs via the forums if you haven't already. It is likely that his finals are going on now, but I'll continue to contact him.

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 09:24:16 am »
Nothing new, I presume?