Author Topic: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread  (Read 273380 times)

Offline nuckles87

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: Bayonetta 2 Discussion Mega Thread
« Reply #330 on: October 01, 2014, 10:22:50 am »
Except its bollocks. That's not how it happened. Kamiya is just pandering to the fans like he always does. But if you think big business in video games act like that then be my guess.

Pandering to fans? Isn't Kamiya the same guy who's told his fan to fuck off...multiple times?

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/342659881695858689

https://twitter.com/PG_kamiya/status/396301761540931584

http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40342546&postcount=757

And I KNOW I could find more examples if I wanted to devote the time. I'm not sure this guy really "panders" to anyone.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #331 on: October 01, 2014, 10:25:39 am »
Is this when he was releasing the game or before? Thee's a difference you know. I remember he also said he didn't play Sega games in an arogant tone...by the timne BAYONETTA was released he was prasing how he was a fan of sega games. That's what i mean by pandering.
He's just doing this so people buy the game because it was saved from extinction. While true it didn't happen the way he's making it out to be.

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #332 on: October 01, 2014, 10:28:55 am »
All of these quotes came after Bayonetta 2 was announced.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #333 on: October 01, 2014, 10:48:15 am »
All of these quotes came after Bayonetta 2 was announced.

So did the intial sega comments after the PG/Sega deal was announced and BAYONETTA was revealed. I'm talking about when the game was released.Which is what i said before.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #334 on: October 01, 2014, 11:02:43 am »
Except its bollocks. That's not how it happened. Kamiya is just pandering to the fans like he always does. But if you think big business in video games act like that then be my guess.

You're just going to claim he's lying?  Really?

Offline ROJM

« Reply #335 on: October 01, 2014, 11:05:14 am »
You're just going to claim he's lying?  Really?

Wouldn't be the first time..but as i said the situation isn't as simple as Nintendo swooping it in to save it. Were talking about big corporations here..who have teams of lawyers and various negotiations that take place so all parties are satisfied. If you want to believe this fairy tale that Kamiya is spinning then be my guest. But that's not and never will be the reality in regards to this story.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #336 on: October 01, 2014, 11:19:23 am »
It's going to be funny if the successful games that Platinum Games have developed (With the exception of Bayonetta.) turn out to be The Legend of Koraa and Metal Gear Rising. Maybe getting them to design other developers/license holders IPs is going to be the way forward for them, how funny would it be to see Kamiya is asked to design Ninja Gaiden 4!

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #337 on: October 01, 2014, 11:22:58 am »
It's going to be funny if the successful games that Platinum Games have developed (With the exception of Bayonetta.) turn out to be The Legend of Koraa and Metal Gear Rising. Maybe getting them to design other developers/license holders IPs is going to be the way forward for them, how funny would it be to see Kamiya is asked to design Ninja Gaiden 4!

I would cum buckets.

Offline ROJM

« Reply #338 on: October 01, 2014, 11:31:23 am »

That seems to be the way its going. Even former members of PG look like they may find initial success with the likes of Mikami's Evil Within game...dang it that could have so been a Sega game had they picked it up with his new operation....

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #339 on: October 01, 2014, 12:48:49 pm »
If you want to believe this fairy tale that Kamiya is spinning then be my guest. But that's not and never will be the reality in regards to this story.

Are you privy to some kind of insider's knowledge on this?  Or are you just making wild claims based on nothing?

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »
So did the intial sega comments after the PG/Sega deal was announced and BAYONETTA was revealed. I'm talking about when the game was released.Which is what i said before.

Honestly, I often have difficulties comprehending the finer details of your posts sometimes. As far as I'm concerned Kamiya doesn't "pander" to his fans, and I've never seen him pander. I've seen him curse out his own fans, fans of a major Nintendo franchise, and he's publicly called out journalists. He is, if anything, brutally honest to the point of being unseemly.

What he's saying here about Nintendo swooping in to save the game is something he's also been saying ever since it was announced, at the same time he was cursing out these people. What he's saying here is nothing new, so he's not really "pandering" just because the game is released, if that's what your implying. He's merely enforcing the narrative he established from day one, and adding some additional details to make clear just how dire the game's situation once was.

Wouldn't be the first time..but as i said the situation isn't as simple as Nintendo swooping it in to save it. Were talking about big corporations here..who have teams of lawyers and various negotiations that take place so all parties are satisfied. If you want to believe this fairy tale that Kamiya is spinning then be my guest. But that's not and never will be the reality in regards to this story.

There's no doubt he's simplifying what was a complex negotiation, but I'm not really sure what relevance that has to the narrative. If Nintendo didn't "save" the game...then what did happen?

I remember he also said he didn't play Sega games in an arogant tone...

By the way...do you have a source for this? I'd like to see it.

I'd also like you to link to what you consider to be him pandering to his fans.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 01:27:51 am by nuckles87 »

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2014, 04:04:14 pm »
Are you privy to some kind of insider's knowledge on this?  Or are you just making wild claims based on nothing?
By the way...do you have a source for this? I'd like to see it.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2014, 04:33:01 pm »

Lol, i'd like to know as well. Sounds like a whole lot of talking out of the ass is going on in here..
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2014, 10:25:03 pm »
Yeah, its funny the only thing I have seen him do is NOT pander to fans. When Bayonetta was announced the mainstream media shit on the female's design, when part 2 was announced it was on an all new system for a company the fans of the first game didn't buy. Oh and Nintendo fanboys talking it up as exclusive? He insults them? Smash bros? He openly hates it. Bayonetta 2 logo? Openly hates it.

Its like, he just does whatever he wants. The only time I sorta heard him talk shit about SEGA games, wasn't really a jab at SEGA games but arcade games in general. Said that he beat Shinobi and felt ripped that the ending had no cutscene, just a game over screen.

That's understandable, game's have evolved. But I don't think he hates SEGA. Here is his Mega Drive:
http://twitpic.com/4wox76

Offline nuckles87

« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2014, 01:24:47 am »
Exactly! Dude's pretty much the only guy in the industry who doesn't take anyone's shit, gives everyone shit, and never gets in trouble for it. It's a major reason why I have a lot of respect for him and take him at his word on this stuff. I seriously don't think he'd say this stuff in an interview unless it was basically true, or at least how he saw it. Dude's gotta be a nightmare for PR though. I wonder if Nintendo has had any behind the scenes issues working with him.

And man....the dude's Mega Drive is DECKED OUT. Awesome!