Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1115833 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #3990 on: September 30, 2014, 12:58:41 am »
That works!

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=FBD8E3611552DDD9&id=FBD8E3611552DDD9!194&authkey=!AMFp9xJ9xwb4H8E&v=3

theres the correct URL for anyone who clicks it.

it looks good! i wouldn't say it's crappy. just keep playing and working on improving your house. or maybe build yourself a new house if you get tired of that house.

on a sidenote i forgot the console versions played the music all the time. its a nice touch. I wish the PC version did.

Thanks for sharing :)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3991 on: September 30, 2014, 08:37:25 am »
I never realized how huge Minecraft was until I saw they were making Happy Meal toys out of the characters..

That's insane. Kids these days have it good when it comes to gaming. Too bad they miss out on great games because they "look old".
 Am I too old for games? Maybe

I don't think you can be 'too old' for games. Unless you're so old you can't actually physically or mentally play them anymore.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #3992 on: September 30, 2014, 09:26:53 am »
That works!

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=FBD8E3611552DDD9&id=FBD8E3611552DDD9!194&authkey=!AMFp9xJ9xwb4H8E&v=3

theres the correct URL for anyone who clicks it.

it looks good! i wouldn't say it's crappy. just keep playing and working on improving your house. or maybe build yourself a new house if you get tired of that house.

on a sidenote i forgot the console versions played the music all the time. its a nice touch. I wish the PC version did.

Thanks for sharing :)

Haha, no problem. Believe me, it looked way the hell worse, but my niece fixed it up, so it looks half decent now. Thanks for the tips on Uploading, MS does not make it very easy.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3993 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:22 pm »
I feel mildly depressed today. And I'm not sure why, I but I can't concentrate on anything and just generally feel really down. I'm sure I'll probably be better by tomorrow, but this seems to be a recurring thing.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3994 on: September 30, 2014, 03:45:25 pm »
I feel mildly depressed today. And I'm not sure why, I but I can't concentrate on anything and just generally feel really down. I'm sure I'll probably be better by tomorrow, but this seems to be a recurring thing.

I feel that way a lot. Theres really nothing you can do about it. You can do things you know you enjoy, but it doesn't help you feel any better. Depression is just horrible. It comes and goes if you got it mildly. If you have it more then mildly then it can be quite bad.

Haha, no problem. Believe me, it looked way the hell worse, but my niece fixed it up, so it looks half decent now. Thanks for the tips on Uploading, MS does not make it very easy.

Building in Minecraft is about creativity. If you aren't creative often then you're going to have a harder time building things. Kids are naturally more creative then adults. As adults get older we lose our creativity unless we keep exercising it. I'd recommend checking out building videos on youtube to give yourself ideas. Lots of inspiration there.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #3995 on: September 30, 2014, 04:08:48 pm »
I feel that way a lot. Theres really nothing you can do about it. You can do things you know you enjoy, but it doesn't help you feel any better. Depression is just horrible. It comes and goes if you got it mildly. If you have it more then mildly then it can be quite bad.

I don't know if I actually have depression or not, but I just get really down sometimes, and it can be really small things that set it off. It's been extremely rare in the last year since I moved out, but I've been getting it from time to time again. I don't think I'm actually depressed though, I imagine it's much worse than what I get. Probably just garden-variety self-loathing.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #3996 on: September 30, 2014, 04:21:39 pm »
I've been the same lately too. Could be that things at home are incredibly stressful and work doesn't help one bit. I deal with a ton of shit, then go home and deal with family issues. My wife gets stressed out staying home with my 14 month old daughter, then she takes it out on me when i get home, not very fun..

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3997 on: September 30, 2014, 04:23:24 pm »
I don't know if I actually have depression or not, but I just get really down sometimes, and it can be really small things that set it off. It's been extremely rare in the last year since I moved out, but I've been getting it from time to time again. I don't think I'm actually depressed though, I imagine it's much worse than what I get. Probably just garden-variety self-loathing.

Sounds a lot like mild depression to me. It's affecting your ability to accomplish things which means it's some form of depression. Mild depression is what I've been getting over the last 1-3 years. It used to be more serious then that. I would go to doctors offices or psychologist offices and they'd always give a form asking questions related to depression. I always lied on the "have had thoughts about killing yourself" question. If you admit to such they can put you in a psychriatic hold and even though I did have thoughts of killing myself in the past I would never actually do it. Being forced to stay in a hospital for 72 hours or possibly longer would just make my mood incredibly worse.

hating yourself is a normal sign of depression. welcome to my world ;) (well, not just my world, i was just using that as a figure of speech. there is a lot of people suffering from depression)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 04:54:34 pm by Will »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #3998 on: October 01, 2014, 09:15:09 am »
Well, I can see I completely killed this topic... lol. Sorry for making it awkward.

umm.. so... enjoying the weather? Its cold and rainy here in Minneapolis today! the rain part sucks, but I'll take the cold, it's a nice change from the warm summer.

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #3999 on: October 01, 2014, 09:42:20 am »
Well, I can see I completely killed this topic... lol. Sorry for making it awkward.

Mang is probably busy wrestling alligators. Give him some time.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4000 on: October 01, 2014, 11:24:44 am »
I was probably the one who made it awkward, sorry guys. I do appreciate the advice Will, not sure if I'm ready to go see a professional or not just yet though. I still have a weird fear of it. Also not sure my current health insurance would cover it.

Mang is probably busy wrestling alligators. Give him some time.

You forget I moved to Canada, so I'm wrestling Moose.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4001 on: October 01, 2014, 11:25:58 am »
Canadian Hockey...

Another shit day at work, not surprised. Seems to be the norm these days.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4002 on: October 01, 2014, 01:12:46 pm »
Canadian Hockey...

What about it? I've only watched one game since I've been here (live, I've watched maybe two on TV). It was okay.

Are you looking for a new job?

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4003 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:18 pm »
What about it? I've only watched one game since I've been here (live, I've watched maybe two on TV). It was okay.

Are you looking for a new job?

Canadians and I don't get along, especially being a Kings fan. Last Canadian team to win a Cup was Montreal in 93' so they're not very happy about that, haha.

I would definitely consider a new job, leaving my options open. I keep my LinkedIn account updated regularly.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4004 on: October 01, 2014, 03:16:04 pm »

Yeah, I'm kinda moody as well for two reasons:
-This Summer blew and the fact that October has had the warmest weather all year long doesn't really cheer me up;
-The other thing is that I'm about 3 months away from losing my Social Security extemptions, ie the real bane of all freelance workers.

To put it in context, under portuguese law, when you start working as a freelancer, you are generally entitled to two years of making no payments to SS, provided that your earnings are below the mininum brackett (you still have to deal with the IRS and VAT regardless, but that's beside the point). This year I expect to exceed the mininum brackett to which I will start making monthy payments starting from January of 2015, I just hope it won't eat away too much at my monthly income.