Author Topic: Nintendo's E3 Media Briefing 2012  (Read 9098 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: Nintendo's E3 Media Briefing 2012
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 12:59:48 pm »
I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and I'm not going to defend that one bit.

I was really hoping for something more impressive.
Here's hoping they show something good at their third conference on Wednesday.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 03:05:54 pm »
A few impressions:
- Pikmin 3 looked interesting.
- I actually think New Super Mario Bros. U looked pretty good visually.
- I don't think Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition was the best game to show off.
- Montage time.
- Looks like Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U has exclusive content. I'm kinda interested in hearing more.
- At least we'll get more 3DS information tomorrow. I sure hope we get more games then what was already shown, though.
- Ugh, Ubisoft. We already saw what they're bringing to Wii U, it's so redundant seeing a big focus on that AGAIN.
- That being said, Rayman Legends looks amazing.
- Nintendo Land is basically if Wonderbook came at the end of the conference.

Overall, this didn't really help the Wii U's image too much. I guess what would've helped is talk about their online plan, show off how it's better than current gen if it is, etc. But there are some Wii U games that look good though.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:30:17 pm by Chaosmaster8753 »

Offline SOUP

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 06:03:01 pm »
Some new Nintendo details:

- Battery life on the Wii U Gamepad is 3-5 hours depending on the brightness setting.
- If you are using two of the tablet controllers, it cuts the game's framerate in half (ie: 60fps goes down to 30fps).

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 06:34:27 pm »
I think it was an ok showing, but nothing exceptional given what Nintendo is capable of. I'm not terribly excited after watching the conference though, so one could easily call it a hype-machine failure. The social features of the system seem like a good promise, but there wasn't any pricing or release date info, so its far from delivering an immediate desire to buy the damn thing.

Plenty more games will be revealed throughout the week, but it would've been nice to see more featured by Nintendo.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 09:37:49 pm »
Who is going to invest money on this?  ??? 3-5 hour controller? Half FPS for 2 controllers.

A few mistakes.

1. No hardcore franchises shown. They could have taken it.They just needed to promise titles we knew where coming. Smash Bros, Zelda, Kirby, etc

2. Ports... if you show off OLD 360/PS3 games ON stage, ya doing it wrong.

3. Half the games looked like Dreamcast titles... and are launch titles for full price. FFS.

Offline segaismysavior

• Total Meseta: 3
  • Martini in one hand, switchblade in the other
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:12 pm »
Half FPS for 2 controllers.

It's the same as 1/2 fps for splitscreen. Not a huge deal.

Nintendo does have a long way to go before convincing most people to throw their money at the system. I can see the potential, but I'm far from decreeing that Nintendo did this system right and knocked their presentation out of the park. It wasn't the worst thing I've ever seen, but still not very exciting.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:19:01 pm »
The Pikmin 3 demo was OK, if you're into this particular franchise. What bugs me about this press conference, is Reggie and how the Nintendo guys handle their press conference. They make these Presentation 101 mistakes: Know your audience.

Microsoft's Don Mattrick has his cynical laughter, but Reggie talks to reporters as if he's giving a lecture, rather than creating excitement for the product. It's even worse this year. He's just droning,  speaking very slowly and still being smug about it. Why wouldn't people be angry?

Another major issue, way too much focus on the new controller and very little focus on the actual machine, hence why so many people confused over what exactly is the Wii U.

New Super Mario Brothers U seems like a nice idea, but overall there seems to be the growing sentiment that the franchise is now becoming Nintendo's own Sonic in a way.

The 3rd Party stuff, I won't anything else that hasn't been already said. I not completely sold on using different screens to do different stuff. The Wii-U is not like the Nintendo DS, you dig?

The Wii Fit U/Just Dance segment was just a huge slap in the face.

Some of the 3DS stuff was good.

Zombi-U was the only thing worhwile.

I have no clue what Nintendoland is.