Author Topic: What new features would you want to see on The Website of the Dead?  (Read 12314 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Website of the Dead Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
I would want to thank all of the fans who have visited the #1 and the first HotD fansite out there on the net. Now here's a question I want to ask all of you, what new features would you want to see on the site? For those who we're wondering why I asked this question was that I wanted to make some improvements on the site for you guys. As of now, I am considering a Podcast and Fan art section (for fans to be apart of WotD). I am also considering adding more creature files from other HotD games including bosses with official Artwork, concepts, and descriptions. What does everyone else have in mind my friends from the AMS?

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Honre123

• Total Meseta: 1
  • I'll have to give myself a PRRRROMOTION!
Re: What new features would you want to see on The Website of the Dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 09:46:56 am »
I would DEFINITELY recommend a fan art section. It's always great to see other's takes on the series. A caveat I will mention is that it should be submitted for review, and not be an upload option. I've seen some offensive hotd art, believe it or not, and I'd hate to see the website plastered with such things. Another benefit to submission is that the website won't get spammed with lots of artwork. I also absolutely want to see more creature files! I've been waiting for those for a while! (where do you get that stuff anyway, I think I have asked you before, but I forgot) I would also like to see a podcast, especially if we can keep it interesting. An idea I'll throw out is that fans can discuss the series (say you and me for easy reference.) I have Skype and such, so that could be possible for the podcast. I'm going to think of more ideas later! Your suggestions would definitely expand the website into new and interesting frontiers!

Offline Honre123

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:56:25 am »
I see you've begun updating the site! I look forward to seeing it completed! (no rush ;))

Offline Kori-Maru

• Website of the Dead Admin
  • Global Moderator
  • Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 01:13:25 pm »
I'm gonna tidy up the game sections with their own creature page that includes bosses soon. I have their descriptions from the first two games just need to translate them. I have great ideas for WotD podcasts.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline Honre123

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2013, 09:05:28 pm »
I'm gonna tidy up the game sections with their own creature page that includes bosses soon. I have their descriptions from the first two games just need to translate them. I have great ideas for WotD podcasts.

I can't wait! I got my guide book, and translating it is exceptionally challenging but rewarding. Well, I haven't been rewarded yet, but I'm enthusiastic! I see you have had some success based on the contents of this website. Perhaps we can share (well, I have nothing to share, lol) info? I'm trying to translate the opening and closing Dr. Curien notes in the book. I can't wait to hear your podcasts soon! Be sure to drink your ovaltine keep us updated! I don't want to miss it!

Offline JerryTerrifying

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:19 am »
I would definitely love to hear some HotD podcasts.  Haven't checked every nook and cranny of the website just yet but magazine scans and any older interviews would be awesome to check out.  I did read your interview with Takashi Oda, that must have been very cool.

Also I'm new to the forum!  I'm researching a mini documentary about the HotD series I'm going to attempt putting together.

Offline Honre123

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »
I'm researching a mini documentary about the HotD series I'm going to attempt putting together.

A documentary on thotd? FASCINATING.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! It's nice to see another fan! If you ever need any help with your documentary, Kori and I are the best two people to go to besides WOW entertainment/Sega themselves!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:47:06 pm by Honre123 »

Offline JerryTerrifying

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2013, 08:59:11 pm »
Well I'm going to be producing a cable access show about games (it'll be on youtube too but I'm using the cable access studio and junk to make a live show) and in this series I want to have 30 minute mini documentaries on game series, developers and studios.  The show itself I plan on being an hour long and playing pre made segments through out and the 30 minute mini docs will be a recurring segment.

So for the first mini documentary I'm going with HotD.  It's a smaller series that isn't super plot intensive so I figured it'd be a good starting point.  Also I LOVE light gun games and people don't really talk about or appreciate them so I want to give a little attention to the HotD series.

So far what I'm thinking is having three 8 minute segments.  The first going over the main series HotD 1 - 4 and Overkill.  The second segment talking about all the spin off games and cameos like Typing of the Dead, Pinball of the Dead and Sonic Racing.  Then the last segment talking about the developers themselves and any other interesting tidbits.  The last 5 minutes or so will be reserved for hosting, credits and anything else that doesn't really fit.