Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 177024 times)

Offline DayOfLavos

• bling: 0
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2805 on: May 09, 2017, 12:06:47 am »
Well let's see. I've been working on getting 100% on Kirby Air Ride, something I've wanted to do my entire life. It's pretty tricky!

I've also been playing through Bayonetta since that recently came out on Steam. Great game, though the PC port is a bit shoddy. I've really been enjoying it and I wanna play some more hack-and-slash games now.

Oh, and Senran Kagura Estival Versus. No shame.

Offline Shun-Di

• bling: 1
« Reply #2806 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:44 pm »
Spectre, it's pretty good for a SNES port of a PC game.   8)
Be like water.

Offline Tad

• bling: 6
« Reply #2807 on: May 10, 2017, 12:33:09 am »
Just finished Resonance.

Interesting premise and strong characters, but some puzzles seemed overly complex with an ending that felt a bit flat due to no real good choice and unfinshed business.

Offline max_cady

• bling: 14
« Reply #2808 on: May 10, 2017, 09:10:39 am »
They literally repackaged the same game over again changing only the story and characters based on which arc the anime was at.  I figured I'd wait until the anime was over and get not only the full story, but all the characters as well. 

Damn right. I will consider gettin' the quadrilogy package, though.

So after I was blocked by PSN for two weeks because I found out that one of the laptops in my house was jam packed with so many viruses and malware... I took it upon myself to take on Star Ocean V: Faithlessness and Integrity.

It's had a lot of mixed reviews and I can't say I blame 'em. I played Star Ocean IV: The Last Hope. Arguably one of the better Xbox 360 JRPGs. So does feel like a yuuuge step down in a ton of areas (fortunately it's not as abysmal as going from Final Fantasy XII to Final Fantasy XIII). The landscape is pretty, combat is solid but the way the game advances story is... odd. There are barely any cutscenes, much of the exposition is done in-game, in which your main hero is allowed to move around in a limited area, until all the characters are done talking (that also includes optional side conversations in which you get to know just a little more about the characters). It's weird, a little distracting but then again, the plot at least, thus far has been very, very straighfoward and easy to follow.

Offline MrTechnoSqueek

• It's Thinking...
« Reply #2809 on: May 23, 2017, 01:14:51 am »

Bought it the day it came out on steam never bought it when it came to 360 and PS3. And its good lol
PSN:TechnoSqueek
XBL:Techno Squeek
Steam:technosqueek

Offline Shun-Di

• bling: 1
« Reply #2810 on: May 23, 2017, 02:10:02 am »

Bought it the day it came out on steam never bought it when it came to 360 and PS3. And its good lol

I didn't get it until years later used, but it's the most fun i've had in a looooong time. 
Be like water.

Offline Nameless 24

• bling: 14
  • Shocktrooper at Heart
« Reply #2811 on: May 23, 2017, 03:49:42 pm »

Shin Megami Tensei 4 Apocolypse (WOW WE GOT AN SMT GAME PHYSICAL IN EUROPE!

My first MegaTen game and honestly? It's pretty good! Although I prefer 7th Dragon III's Battle UI as you actually see your characters make out the actions, this game is better on Story (Dagda looks like a Punk Biker god or something despite being something else).

I can see why the series gets controversy due to the religious themes, (Probably a coincidence that we get this game once SEGA acquired ATLUS since Nintendo is pretty iffy about religious themes) although for an Apocolyptic setting, I really really love the idea of it actually being about fighting Angels/Demons.

Having played this after 7th Dragon III, I sadly appreciate the former much more mainly because the Battle System is satisfying but SMT4A is holding up as a nice Post-Persona 5 snack to me. I definitely recommend it to those on the fence if you are not too hung up on religious tones. Dagda telling you not to trust others periodically really makes you feel like he is both using you AND guiding you.
Big fan of Claymore, Miria in particular.

Currently playing Yakuza 0.

Offline Asha

« Reply #2812 on: May 24, 2017, 10:28:30 pm »
Three amazing games:

This game is so fun! The final level with those invisible platforms is pure hell, though.

The character animations in Genesis Aladdin are incredible. It's still hard to believe that this came from a 16-bit console.

After many years of disinterest, I finally fell in love with Chrono Trigger. This SNES RPG deserves all the praise it gets imo.