Author Topic: Hell Yeah! Topic of Zombie bunnies shooting stuff and random insanity!  (Read 6893 times)

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br_g8ifM7F4[/youtube]

Renegade Ops had the distinct pleasure of being SEGA's first original DD-exclusive IP, so Hell Yeah! marks the second entree into the DD-exclusive arena.
We can all sort-of agree on how many XBLA and PSN titles nowadays are as good as many 60$ USD games sitting on store shelves: Bastion is one of 'em. Hopefully Hell Yeah! will be another gem.

Can SEGA and Arkedo create a satisfying blend of insane Rayman Origins-style platforming with over-the-top violence?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 07:36:01 pm by Barry the Nomad »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
(edited your post to fix the youtube link, gotta put the full URL in and not just the ID)

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Hnnngggggg... not sure how to feel about this. Not really a fan of that graphic/style, but i'll need to see some gameplay to make up my mind.

Offline CovertVector

• Total Meseta: 0
I also hope we see some gameplay soon, but I trust Arkedo to release another great game! Big Bang Mini and Nervous Brickdown are great DS games.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Well, i'm with mademang on this. The style and presentation isn't apealing much to me, but the gameplay might be good

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
The possibilities are endless with DD games. It seems they might have been caught out with the success of RENEGADE OPS because they don't have or made any other original IP for that format,which is probably the reason why the ended up buying out Three Rings and picked up the rights to publish and distrubute Arkedo's HELL YEAH game without actually commisoning and owning the IP themselves. Hopefully Three rings will get some new DD games out and get treated a bit better than Secret Level ever did.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 05:47:23 am by ROJM »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Like I said in the upcoming podcast, I have hopes that this will be good. I like the developer, Arkedo Series - 03 PIXEL! on XBLA is a lot of fun!

I just think that the "in yo face" art style complete with Hell, rock and "omfg theyz bein cray-zay" might be covering up mediocre gameplay.

I hope they prove me wrong and that the kick-ass style has kick-ass gameplay to match.

I really hope the blade thingy controls like the wheel bike from Revenge of the Sith. I freakin loved that thing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t551KML00no[/youtube]

Offline max_cady

Source: NeoGaf

They are definately going for a more stylized 2D game, like Rayman Origins.

Wait till you hear the storyline...

The Dead Bunny is the son of the Prince of Darkness and he's going after the guy who posted some compromising photos of him on the Hellnet (Hell's Internet) and how is he going to do it? By murderin everyone he finds on his way to the main antagonist.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Not gonna lie, that looks pretty fantastic

Offline max_cady

This little gameplay video slipped under the radar it seems:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uP6QpUWs_I[/youtube]

It introduces us to the plot. It's an M-rated game. The artwork is one of the best things about it.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Thanks bro, shared it on the front page.  ;)

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
I have to admit I really have little interest in this title at all, I wanted to like it but the art direction and the way it all looks like its been cheeply animated in flash using the puppet tool is really off putting. Nothing about the gameplay is really catching my eye either.
Made by SEGA

Offline Sieghardt

• Total Meseta: 2
of all the crazy indie games they could have picked up, yet another indie platformer is the last genre I would have wanted, I like the studio making it and it might be halfway decent but I'm so burned out on this kind of thing

Offline max_cady

Hell Yeah!'s PC version has Steamworks DRM!?

Guess I'm not putting money on the PC version.