Author Topic: Post your current thoughts thread  (Read 1151480 times)

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
Re: Post your current thoughts thread
« Reply #4680 on: August 01, 2015, 09:47:48 pm »
Dude, nice! Man, I haven't owned DVD's in forever, and I still don't own a Blu-Ray player...

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #4681 on: August 06, 2015, 04:50:48 am »
So my laptop's LCD inverter decided to go hayware on me. Sent it to my usual repair shop. Unfortunately the parts they need will take 15-20 days to arrive (August, sad to say tends to be a very slow month). So I gotta make do with my dad's laptop. A 2006 Packard Bell MX EasyNote with 2GBs of Ram that has Windows 8.1 installed on it.

Works well for about 80% of my usual work. More intense graphics are no go. It's gonna be a really long month.

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #4682 on: August 09, 2015, 08:49:57 pm »
Finally got around to giving the folks "The Talk" about joining the Military.
They took it quite well, being rather happy that I had been researching and planning out a future.

Much better than I had hoped, so I'll be moving forward with enlistment there with no undue stress on part of the family.

Offline Moody

• Total Meseta: 9
« Reply #4683 on: August 10, 2015, 12:57:34 pm »
I just watched the Babadook. Really fucking scary...up until the ending where the horror that was so effective throughout the movie is gone when [spoiler]it's revealed the Babadook is a real monster and not the result of the mother's imagination. The film worked up till that point because it was never clear if the monster was real, aside from maybe one scene which hinted at it.[/spoiler] While I don't think the movie is bad by any stretch, it's absolutely terrifying, I think if the film were far more ambiguous, it would have been way scarier and way more effective conveying its message.

Offline fernandeath

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #4684 on: August 13, 2015, 05:32:56 am »

they're not the same

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #4685 on: August 13, 2015, 08:18:21 am »
Create an ROJM account and try arguing, if he bites then it is the one true TA.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #4686 on: August 13, 2015, 10:33:10 am »
They took it quite well, being rather happy that I had been researching and planning out a future.

Much better than I had hoped, so I'll be moving forward with enlistment there with no undue stress on part of the family.

I salute you dude. Seriously, thank you for doing what not a lot of us have the balls to do.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 11:10:58 am by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4687 on: August 13, 2015, 08:43:04 pm »
I salute you dude. Seriously, thank you for doing what not a lot of us have the balls to do.

It's all good. Going in with the Navy though, so no wartime battle stories on the front-lines with guns ala Army/Marines for me to share(unlikely but might happen!). My newphew is in as an Aviator about to go into SERE training IIRC.

I'll be talking to my recuriter soon to set up ASVAB testing. Will be gunning for the Navy's intelligence community hopefully in the advanced electronics field as a Cryptologic Technician Technical.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 08:56:13 pm by JRcade19 »

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4688 on: August 15, 2015, 07:14:14 am »
I have my own place now. Just gained access to it recently. Is why I've been so quiet. Been busy with real life matters. Is pretty exciting and I'm really happy with the place. Gonna be living with a friend of mine.

It's great to hear that your family supports you going to the Navy, JRcade. I mean, it's certainly an honorable thing, but, some people see it as going out to kill yourself. I'm sure you'll be fine though!

Offline JRcade19

« Reply #4689 on: August 15, 2015, 01:02:17 pm »
I have my own place now. Just gained access to it recently. Is why I've been so quiet. Been busy with real life matters. Is pretty exciting and I'm really happy with the place. Gonna be living with a friend of mine.

Congrats on finding one! A big step in these times. Always good to see a person succeed like this.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4690 on: August 15, 2015, 03:27:13 pm »

It's great to hear that your family supports you going to the Navy, JRcade. I mean, it's certainly an honorable thing, but, some people see it as going out to kill yourself. I'm sure you'll be fine though!
PART-AY AT NEKo'S !

In all seriousness, congrats! Glad you got it all sorted with the place to stay. Did you end up getting it close to where you work?

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #4691 on: August 15, 2015, 04:26:12 pm »
Congrats on finding one! A big step in these times. Always good to see a person succeed like this.

Thank you :)

PART-AY AT NEKo'S !

In all seriousness, congrats! Glad you got it all sorted with the place to stay. Did you end up getting it close to where you work?

Thank you

Yeah, is relatively close to where I work. I'm able to stop by a store on the way home and still make it home around the same time my ride currently is. If i don't stop at the store, it's a much shorter ride then what I'm currently used to my busride being, which is currently an hour and 10 minutes on average on the way home. I'm really happy with the area. Still want to get my drivers license of course, but now it isn't as big of a stress now that I won't be having 1+ hour busrides home.

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4692 on: August 15, 2015, 10:25:04 pm »
Congrats man, that's a huge step being able to move out and enjoy having your own place.

Finally got a copy of Sonic Generations. Sooo excited to play it!

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4693 on: August 15, 2015, 11:17:29 pm »
O.O You barely got a copy? Have fun!

Offline pirovash88

« Reply #4694 on: August 16, 2015, 01:26:04 pm »
Yeah, took a while, but it's pretty awesome.

Star Wars Disneyland expansion coming to Orlando and Anaheim. PUMPED!!!!!!!!