Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56269 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that
« on: September 08, 2015, 03:52:23 am »
So it seems a lot of people(nintendo fans for example) are already looking forward to the next thing Nintendo does, hoping it to be more succesful than the WII U.

I know I shouldnt take my own feelings into this because a lot of people dont care about the state of the companies outside of the internet, and could just as easy be convinced once again if Nintendo drops something appealing.

Its just that I personally dont care and think a lot of gamers dont. I feel like their next thing could be destined to fail if they just drop it, despite how amazing it could be. This mainly because of the WII U and how nintendo handled and dissapointed with it. I mean they didnt even try to redeem themselves in the long run. Last E3 should have shown some sort of swan song(s) for the WII U to anticipate players and give Nintendo some positive mindshare, but instead they just poured salt on the wounds

Me at least, I will not spend any money on a new nintendo console untill its death. And I think this may be the case for many after the WII U. I cant really imagine how their next thing could be a succes with them having lost so much appeal in in the console space. Maybe they should just go fully handheld?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 12:25:57 am by CrazyT »

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
Re: So anyone even care about the next thing from Nintendo? (NX)
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 09:04:32 am »
Wii U was the first Nintendo console I bought brand new (NES was a garage sale in 2004, Wii was used from Gamestop in 2010), and Nintendo's inability to gain third party support or even support the console well enough themselves has turned me off from ever buying the NX new. Fool me once, Nintendo!

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:17:48 am »
No. Nintendo should have just stick to handhelds ever since the Nintendo 64.

The Wii is an exception because it was marketed as a fitness machine. Every single Nintendo console after the SNES has underachieved. They are only held in such high regard because americans pop a boner everytime Nintendo let's go a fart that kinda smells like digested Mario 64 and/or Ocarina of Time because modern day America sucks to the point everyone pretends they still live in the 90s and Nintendo is cool.

Everywhere else, Nintendo makes good handhelds and consoles for 3 year olds.

Am I generalizing? No.
The Wii U has sold less than the Dreamcast. Hell, it has sold less than the Game Gear did 20 years ago when the market was 100 times smaller.
And (stupid) people say the GG was a failure.

So let's just NOT pretend that history won't repeat itself this time and completely ignore whatever botched distorted vision they have of what videogame fans want.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 09:24:09 am by crackdude »
SEG4GES

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 12:19:15 pm »
They are only held in such high regard because americans pop a boner everytime Nintendo let's go a fart that kinda smells like digested Mario 64 and/or Ocarina of Time because modern day America sucks to the point everyone pretends they still live in the 90s and Nintendo is cool.

Well that's nice.

Anyways. Yeah i'm excited to hear about what Nintendo does next. Is it because they're Nintendo? No, it's because whenever one of the big 3 has something new to unveil, it's exciting news for the industry.

The Wii U left me wanting more. I've been a fan of Nintendo's for years, but the Wii U was the first time i really stopped caring and felt ripped off. Because i purchased it so soon into it's life, i feel like i was tricked into believing that Nintendo would get it right this time and damn was i wrong.

I'll hold out on the NX and see what kind of 1st and 3rd party support it gets, if any. The first year should be a pretty good indication of which way things will be going for it. Depending on how things are played out, it could very well be a console i don't purchase at all. Which would be the first Nintendo console i won't be buying, ever.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:31:41 pm by pirovash88 »
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 01:02:19 pm »
No offence bro, I was talking mainstream america and people who buy Nintendo for the sake of being Nintendo
SEG4GES

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 02:48:15 pm »
Nintendo still crafts highly polished games, their consoles just can't pack a punch. They have had issues with their consoles feeling too 'behind times' and it seems NX will be the first step towards fixing those issues: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/140130/03.html

Also them calling it a platform makes me think its not what we are expecting.

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 05:19:50 pm »
No offence bro, I was talking mainstream america and people who buy Nintendo for the sake of being Nintendo

Lol, alright, none taken. =)

I'm still really confused about what the NX will be. Nintendo is hell bent on releasing Hardware for their software, so i don't doubt that it'll be a console of sorts. I still think it'll be both a handheld and console that will be able to play the same software.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 06:52:15 pm »
If it has good games?

Yes.

Wow, that was easy.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 08:19:12 pm »
I don't doubt good games, but I really can't put support behind yet another console where the only quality titles are first party and are drip fed over the course of the console's lifespan.

Look at the SEGA Dreamcast, TONS of great first and third party games released over the short span of only two years. Despite its early death, the Dreamcast has a far better library than the Wii U has currently.

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:53 pm »
Don't care. I imagine it's going to provide good entertainment though on big videogame websites where fans run wild. It already has and we don't even know it's official name.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 09:59:40 pm »
I don't doubt good games, but I really can't put support behind yet another console where the only quality titles are first party and are drip fed over the course of the console's lifespan.

The last time anyone bought a Nintendo console with a good balance between third party and first party in mind, processors couldn't go over 64 bits. You buy Nintendo consoles for the same reason you used to buy Sega consoles. To play first party games.

While the WiiU was a botched return to core gaming in more ways than one (Main one being the crappy support overall of established Nintendo series), it's still a much more distinct console than the third party copy paste, echo chamber battle that the Xbone and PS4 are having. Everyone's still starving for those exclusives and those console purchases are almost completely driven by brand loyalty. It's insane. At least with the WiiU you're getting mostly what you want, sequels to some of the Ninty franchises you love and new IPs, some of them pretty shitty (Devil's Third) and others pretty amazing (Splatoon). And for all the negativity and shitty execution, I'll always cherish my WiiU for the sole reason of Nintendo spearheading the Bayonetta sequel, something that Sega wasn't willing to fork the cash for, which is pretty ironic since Bayo 2 still presented a parade of Sega homages after Bayo 1 which was almost a love letter to old Sega games.

Anyway, they're teasing Super Mario Galaxy 3 for the NX and that shit alone would be enough for me to consider a purchase. Pinnacle of 3D platforming, man. 3D World was nice but ultimately disappointing compared to the previous Galaxy games.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 06:07:47 am »
Nope. Sure, it'll have some decent games on it, but at this point Nintendo have become completely irrelevant to me. They've also ignored/butchered so many of the games I liked from them too. Starfox has been poor since 64, Zelda is...okay, no real Pokemon RPG, but the biggest loss for me was Rare.

It's a shame, as growing up (90s) I absolutely adored the pokemon series and it plays a huge part in my childhood. It gave me some really happy memories.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 02:17:29 am by Tad »

Offline crackdude

• Nintendo Bling
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 10:52:36 am »
The Nintendo 3DS is the best "Sega console" of recent times, so I'm inclined to be interested if the NX turns out to be some portable thing tho.
SEG4GES

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 08:07:51 pm »
Anyways. Yeah i'm excited to hear about what Nintendo does next. Is it because they're Nintendo? No, it's because whenever one of the big 3 has something new to unveil, it's exciting news for the industry.

Put me on this boat as well. If the big N is intent on moving the chains forward or what not, then that means the other 2 either have time to adjust or might move up their time tables. Last thing we need is another 8 year generation. Doesn't mean I'll be buying one of course.

Offline MercenaryOne

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2015, 11:04:56 am »

The Wii U has sold less than the Dreamcast. Hell, it has sold less than the Game Gear did 20 years ago when the market was 100 times smaller.
And (stupid) people say the GG was a failure.

So I saw this and completely thought "This is absolute horse poop!" Lo and behold I looked it up, in the 28 months of the Dreamcasts production it has sold 10.6 million units, while the Wii U in its 34 months has sold only 10.01 million. In the nearly 6 years game gear had life it sold 11 million units. Looking at the numbers it just astonishes me that most people consider Dreamcast a failure and was Sega's last console. Hell if they rode it out like Nintendo did with the Wii U and put out some wicked mad games, I am sure it could have competed more efficiently with PS2.

As far as being excited for the next thing from Nintendo. No, I honestly cannot say that I am. I am not even excited about XBO or PS4, and doubt I will ever buy one. I cannot justify, unlike most people, spending $250+ to play 3-4 games that I have to pay $40-60 for. If I do buy any new console, it will be the Wii U, and that will be when the NX comes out and the Wii U and a plethora of its library is in the bargain bin at your local Walmart.