Author Topic: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that  (Read 56251 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Nintendo Switch revealed or something like that
« Reply #180 on: November 01, 2016, 12:53:22 pm »
I think what one takes from it immidiatly is that it is both. That's how I think what the average consumer has taken from it. Other extra's like it being one device where all nintendo teams will all be working on it or it being mainly a console or mainly a handheld are details I don't think anyone outside of us cares about. I'm consiously making the distinction between us and the average consumer because talking about myself i'd be all with you. But I feel like for guys like us to benefit, Nintendo has to get 'them' on board first.

The second is a good question which I think they do have a good looking product for. With that I mean is that it doesnt look like a fisher price toy like their stuff usually has. But this is also why I think aiming the marketing at kids worked against the potential of this happening outside japan. Cuz "nintendo is for kids" is pretty much the underlying message you get from it. Nintendo didn't show any kids in their reveal and I wonder how consious this decision was.

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »
The reactions are warranted and Nintendo has a whole lot to prove. I can't help but feel like the Switch is going to fail either and tbh despite me not wanting to see nintendo fail, it will be deserved if they don't deliver in January. They have a good basis to go from at least.

Someone else said it already but the switch so far seems to be a Wii U 2.0, minus the 2 screen gaming though. That could either be the stupidest decision ever, or it could have been really a potentially succesful idea with the wiiu, executed in the most horrible way. The WII U in essence and in what it offered was extremely inaccesable to who the marketing was aimed at.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:31:59 am by CrazyT »

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #182 on: November 06, 2016, 12:07:29 pm »
The best aspect of this console is that it will consolidate their development teams onto one platform, ensuring a steady flow of first party games. Which will be necessary, because unless something drastic changes with Nintendo's outreach, third party support will plunge after the first year. It'll keep die-hard Nintendo fans onboard and happy with the rate of first party releases, but that's a gradually diminishing number of people. I'm not sure it will have much appeal beyond their established fanbase.

One thought I had watching the video was... that's a lot of moving parts, a lot of sliding and clicking things into place... hopefully those connection points are really robust because there's a lot of potential for things breaking, gunk getting into contact points and messing up the connections.

Offline Trippled

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #183 on: November 06, 2016, 01:49:34 pm »
The best aspect of this console is that it will consolidate their development teams onto one platform, ensuring a steady flow of first party games.

Which has yet to proven to not go wrong like HD development for Nintendo for Wii U (causing massive delays)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #184 on: November 08, 2016, 03:33:33 am »
I think I may kinda get now why they're selling the Switch as firstly a console 'at this point of time'. I didn't expect them to push  the 3DS this much this holiday but it seems they may be selling a lot with the price probably going down in combination with the pokemon GO>pokemon sun&moon hype. They want to suck it all dry as good as possible is what i'm guessing untill.... maybe an uprezed port comes to the Switch?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 10:17:03 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2016, 10:52:50 am »

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #186 on: December 23, 2016, 03:05:29 am »
Lame duck console and one wonders one NCL even bother with the docking part, but its looks to be a great and really nice Handheld
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

« Reply #187 on: January 02, 2017, 07:40:57 am »
The problem they face with that idea though, is its not a handheld. It's a hybrid and you can bet the price will match that.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #188 on: January 17, 2017, 05:33:51 am »
So I watched the big Nintendo Switch conference on Monday...

Same with the original reveal... I was very impressed and actually excited about the Switch but after the show ended and the adrenaline wore off, I started getting worried. Like legit concerned over the Switch's chances at survival.

There are so many issues to overcome:

- It's baffling to me that they offer a free NES game through their subscription based online service, when the other services give you actual fully priced recent games;
- Only a handful of games on day and for the most part, most of the upcoming third party games are basically ports;
- Speaking of ports, who is going to buy Skyrim on the Switch? It just like Batman Arkam City on the Wii-U;

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #189 on: January 17, 2017, 06:07:37 am »
legit concerned over the Switch's chances at survival

I'm actually pretty pleased on its chances of survival :)

But I agree, terrible value. At least for now.
SEG4GES

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #190 on: January 17, 2017, 07:59:51 pm »
I'm really surprised they still are trying to get casuals on board with games like 1,2 switch. Everything about this  thing is mindboggling
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 09:28:27 pm by CrazyT »

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 23
Re: Nintendo *swiqu swiqu* Switch revealed or something like that
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2017, 09:42:18 pm »
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/25/rumour-singapore-and-hong-kong-only-selling-nintendo-switch-bundled-with-games-no-standalone-option-at-launch/

This happened in Indonesia too.
Customers are forced to get the Switch as a bundle with two games (Zelda: Breath of the Wild and 1-2 Switch).

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2017, 10:46:32 am »
I don't know why but this really made me laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ih323XXu_3w

Offline Tad

« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2017, 11:05:35 am »
So the news I'm hearing so far isn't great. Left joycon issues, weird buzzing sound from headphones/speakers and Zelda isn't quite up to par. Some reports say that Zelda keeps crashing while digital foundry are finding 30fps in portable mode, but at worst 20 docked.

Edit: Now there's people talking about the cartridge's rattling around.
Edit 2: there's room in the console box clearly for bundles and the screen is cheap plastic.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 12:33:13 pm by Tad »

Offline Tad

« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2017, 03:50:55 pm »
Some are now reporting dead pixels on the screen. Nintendo apparently stated it's not a defect...okay.