Author Topic: Sonic Lost World gets a PC Port  (Read 27514 times)

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
Re: Sonic Lost World gets a PC Port
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 01:07:27 pm »
It's particularly perplexing because not only was the game a critical failure but also a commercial bomb.
It was a critical failure but it actually gave rise to a movement against gaming outlets, since they clearly did not even knew how to play the game. Between players it is considered pretty good.
Every WiiU game is a commercial bomb. The WiiU is a commercial bomb, being downplayed because it's ok when Nintendo does it.
SEG4GES

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 01:10:34 pm »
I liked Lost World. Not as good as Generations, but still a solid well built game.

Offline Phantasos

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 05:52:14 pm »
It was a critical failure but it actually gave rise to a movement against gaming outlets, since they clearly did not even knew how to play the game. Between players it is considered pretty good.
Every WiiU game is a commercial bomb. The WiiU is a commercial bomb, being downplayed because it's ok when Nintendo does it.

This some dank ass console warrior we have here.

Offline Nirmugen

• Total Meseta: 11
  • Sneaking around in the city with blue,blue skies
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2015, 06:50:39 pm »
Critics wanted another Generations/Colors style of game and they didn't like it for not being that....and also Sonic clickbaits articles are always a ton of revenue.

I don't know why people put Colors in a higher position . There are a lot of problems in that game IMO.

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 05:08:03 am »

What did he say that isn't true?
Made by SEGA

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:02 am »
I'm assuming its because

- It was built with a pc port in mind whereas Unleashed/Colors were not.
- the game is still relatively new and still somewhat in the public space.
- they felt that the game was a commercial flop because of the hardware it was shackled to.

But none of these points go hand and hand with Valkyria Chronicles, showing they're happy porting difficult to port titles and or older games.

I dunno, the decision making doesn't make much sense to me, just hope it doesn't flop and cause them to stop doing PC ports of other SEGA titles.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 09:04:54 am »
@Sharky

Well, that is true. Video games aside, the Sonic Boom cartoon is the best thing that's happened to the franchise in years.

@Aki

Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice was delayed into 2016 and SEGA more than likely wanted a Sonic game to be released on November 2015. A PC port is good enough.

It's not like SEGA hasn't ported every other Sonic title (like Sonic Riders and Sonic Heroes, for example). And I don't think, it'll deter SEGA from porting more games.

Offline Radrappy

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 12:00:37 pm »
But none of these points go hand and hand with Valkyria Chronicles, showing they're happy porting difficult to port titles and or older games.

Why would you assume these releases were mutually exclusive?  The reasons why VC were released on steam could be very different from why they've decided to release SLW.  I'm leaning towards this being a matter of convenience. 

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 09:29:17 am »
For stating the obvious?
If you can name a 3rd party game that sold more than a million on the WiiU I'll give 200.000 dollars.

Protip: I won't because there is none.
SEG4GES

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2015, 03:21:44 am »
Nice news , though the game should have been from the start.
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:03 am »
Seems like an odd decision. But I'm okay with it. Wasn't a big fan of the main game but really curious to see what fans do to fix up the game mechanics. Making it so holding the button to make Sonic go slower instead and raising his default speed would be a good start. Game is way too slow by default.

Game was probably released to fill the void of there being no major Sonic release outside of smartphones this year.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 10:00:52 pm »
Well the game is designed to be slower. I don't think its slow, just slow compared to modern Sonic game. I would say its running speed is actually around the same pace as the Genesis games.

Though Lost World just tries a lot with gimmicks that aren't the best fleshed out. Though in the end of the day, Sonic's retro outings also had gimmicks at stages.

Its a weird ... thing. Its 3D, but tries to take stuff from the 2D games and just didn't feel right. Why? Everytime I play modern Sonic games I'm looking for the boost button and stuff. SEGA has done it so long that going to a moderate paced game is too jarring for new fans.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2015, 12:12:21 am »
Slowing Sonic down didn't bother me personally. I kind of felt they needed to, but like you said, they added a lot of other mechanics that for me, just didn't feel right. The Mario Galaxy style, the power ups, level design etc. It's not at all a bad game as such, just not that great either.

I'm not sure how they can balance Sonic right though as fans from different generations etc will want different things.

Offline Team Andromeda

• Total Meseta: 39
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2015, 04:20:25 am »
For me SEGA just needs to go back to Sonic Adv - That to me nailed Sonic in 3D . Just build on that game (if its nothing more than a next gen remake in part) That's what I like to see .

I really thought with Gen and Colors and the daytime sections of Unleashed SEGA were getting very close to an totally amazing Sonic 3D game . There are almost there and the team and tech is always good . So I have hopes the next Sonic will be great too
Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
One of the best 3D shooting games available
Presented for your pleasure

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2015, 07:33:17 am »
I have to agree. I'd love to see another Sonic Adventure style of game where they refine it. Lose some of the unnecessary stuff (other pointless playable modes) and at least try and have a story etc.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:08:32 am by Tad »