Author Topic: Sega in war with their own fans.  (Read 11721 times)

Offline semmie

• Banned
Sega in war with their own fans.
« on: November 19, 2012, 01:04:10 pm »
For the real fans that are left in this world that really love sega.
fans like us are being attacked by our own sega.

what i read in sega.com is that some dude had some videos on utube of shining force and all that.
and sega basically sewed the mofo to delete this vid. this game is so old and i dont get why sega does this. it doesnt really harm but it invited people to play this game.

like i said the sega fan base is the most forgiven fan base in console bussiness ever.( even without console now) how come sega makes people hate them even now? the old scool sega fans basically didnt get what they deserve. the new scool is being screwed as well.

i wanted to post the pics of this issue but i rather give the source because i didnt ask permission to post this here so therefor read for urself and see whatsup.

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?426790-Freaking-seriously

in my opinion sega is killing her last base. it hasnt done anything but that. and here i am just hoping that console will come up and the mofos to be fired that basically almost made sega look silly. and s many allready left the sega fan base and we are here in the bunker together as the last ones remaining.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
Re: Sega in war with their own fans.
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 06:46:02 pm »
Sega fans are like beaten wives, Sega keeps treating us badly, but we just can't leave them.

Offline Randroid

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »
Sega fans are like beaten wives, Sega keeps treating us badly, but we just can't leave them.

I know Sega can change!

hehe,

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:55:10 am »
I don't think Sega is that bad.

All videogame companies have goods and bads, ups and downs. But as a community, Sega fans are very emotional with everything Sega. So any negative action is taken personally.

Overall, Sega is one of the best companies around.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 05:17:31 pm »
I was just joking with my earlier post. Sega is okay, I don't love them like I used to, but they still make Yakuza and Virtua Fighter, which are probably my favourite game series OF ALL TIME.

Offline mylifewithsega

• Total Meseta: -65531
  • "Just stick it in your Genesis!"
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 05:27:34 pm »
They own my childhood gaming memories. Their consoles and games helped define my gameplay sensibilities, so I'll always love 'em....

Besides, I fucking love Hell Yeah!  ;D
Master-Cast TV: The Four-Mega Web Series!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC74cjduzFdR2ZXCt0bQv_0Q

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 11:24:19 pm »

Besides, I fucking love Hell Yeah!  ;D

Woooooord, yo.

Anyway. Sega is not the first nor will they be the last company to do this. I remember arguing with George about this back in the day when Square-Enix did similar things and. Companies make moves to protect their property and it's nothing personal, but it's just the things that have to be done for many of these companies.

Offline STORM!

• Total Meseta: 15
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2012, 12:35:16 pm »
  I have seen the link... I see. That's all the bullshit the new Shining series producer is doing. He got pissed off about fans criticizing the new Shining games and now is taking revenge doing those things on the net.

He thinks it could mess up his works on the new "shitty" games of the franchise.

He has not allowed Famitsu to show up the original games on that commemorative issue of Sega. He don't allow the release of the complete collection sound CD of the original series, and still thinking he is doing a great job.

Looks like his thoughts has contaminated the rest of the Sega employees, since nobody does nothing to stop him. Actually, Sega does nothing because he is making a lot of money selling Shining figures (from the latest games) not really selling games...

When the Shining Project was announced on the past, Sega was trying to convince Camelot to participates on it, but they refused. The (now) Shining producer was OK! with the original series at that time, but suddenly turned into a villain for the old fans of the series due to massive criticism on his games (Shining Tears, Wind, Hearts, Blade).

He is sadic and likes to see the fans claiming on the net.

All that Shining shit made me sick, and that's the reason why I left completely Segabits and others Sega related sites.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2012, 09:55:45 pm »
I have seen the link... I see. That's all the bullshit the new Shining series producer is doing. He got pissed off about fans criticizing the new Shining games and now is taking revenge doing those things on the net.

He thinks it could mess up his works on the new "shitty" games of the franchise.

He has not allowed Famitsu to show up the original games on that commemorative issue of Sega. He don't allow the release of the complete collection sound CD of the original series, and still thinking he is doing a great job.

Looks like his thoughts has contaminated the rest of the Sega employees, since nobody does nothing to stop him. Actually, Sega does nothing because he is making a lot of money selling Shining figures (from the latest games) not really selling games...

When the Shining Project was announced on the past, Sega was trying to convince Camelot to participates on it, but they refused. The (now) Shining producer was OK! with the original series at that time, but suddenly turned into a villain for the old fans of the series due to massive criticism on his games (Shining Tears, Wind, Hearts, Blade).

All that Shining shit made me sick, and that's the reason why I left completely Segabits and others Sega related sites.

wow dude your emotions and anger are clearly to be seen and its aura reaches me LOL
but seriously i dont want to sound as the one that always complains. i red your reply like three times and i hope i understand..

i agree with you tht it is bad for the sega fan base. it is never good to have arogant guys in the sega bizz being so dumb to actually delete fan made videos. but ofcourse we cant generalise sega
there is a sparkle or flame still burning. sega is still sega. yes there are flaws and i agree that these things make the sega fan base shrink since shining force is such a massive game for a big crowd.

but i understand you dont get me wrong. sometimes that anger circulated in my blood as well

Offline Aki-at

• Total Meseta: 61
  • The Dragon
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 05:05:38 pm »
A lot of major websites been putting up this news.

I infact support the amount of negative PR SEGA is getting over this, if it is true that one man is dragging Shining through the dirt and hating fans because his personal feelings are hurt by those critical of them and SEGA has allowed the man so much power than good, I hope it hurts them enough for them to reconsider his position and the stupid mess they find themselves in.

Offline batfax

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 07:45:16 pm »
Is it possible someone's just being a jerk and abusing Youtube's copyright claim system? I remember a while back that some guy targeted major "Let's Play" channels by posing as a variety of companies and got a bunch taken down with complete ease.

Offline Sieghardt

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 10:46:12 pm »

looks like at least one other person here is aware of the culprit here
that guy is a scumbag and a coward
he publicly attacked and insulted old shining fans then deleted his twitter account to hide the evidence

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2012, 08:42:08 am »
The thing is most of the saturn SHINING FORCE games are joint copyright with Camelot. So if the problem persists just issue the video of SHINING FORCE 3 under Camelot. And Premium edition of SHF3 sega doesn't own that but camelot so if he orders that down then technically he has no right to do so.

Offline semmie

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 03:05:42 pm »
The thing is most of the saturn SHINING FORCE games are joint copyright with Camelot. So if the problem persists just issue the video of SHINING FORCE 3 under Camelot. And Premium edition of SHF3 sega doesn't own that but camelot so if he orders that down then technically he has no right to do so.

if that is true what you say
then either the dude has no rights to it
or he bought the rights from camelot.

but even all that.

its kinda disrespectfull towards truthfull sega fans to do such a thing. being an arogant doesnt fit the sega company. sega makes good profit. but it aint to good as well. and they can not use bitsies like him.
perhaps they should call him to desk for changing view

Offline Sieghardt

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 08:15:33 pm »
from the comments on reddit and tssz:

I dont think Mutsuhiro Fujii is the person behind this. My experience of that guy is that he just manages the sites and site accounts of sega see: http://segaretro.org/Mutsuhiro_Fujii

I think the likely culprit is Tsuyoshi Sawada, director of some of the modern shining games. Last year oldschool shining fans started a "Save our series" campaign hoping for a Shining Force 4 to finish off the story that had been running since shining in the darkness.

He took to his twitter account and attacked the fanbase calling them trolls and enemies and a bunch of other things. When he was called on it he then deleted the twitter account to hide, it used to be @ShineNaHito see: http://archiver.co/profile/ShineNaHito

It's likely he would have recently had access to the official sega channel to add trailers for Shining Ark and then abused it to attack his "enemies"

This is strongly supported by the fact that videos from the SOS campaign were targeted which contained NO sega content, merely people talking about the shining series. There is absolutely no way those videos would be detected by automated algorithms or confused by a well meaning moderator for game footage.

Shadi can post that on the sega forums if he thinks it's ok