Author Topic: Amazing Sega VR games?  (Read 7297 times)

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
Amazing Sega VR games?
« on: May 31, 2017, 06:55:12 pm »
So the big theme this time around is centered around the eye, which we use to see and play games.  Kind of basic, but ok.  it's artsy.  It's unique.  Another thing that is recently on the rise is Virtual Reality in gaming, using your eyes to look around in 3D enviornments.  Not so long ago, Sega used a little VR test with Space Channel 5, where you could dance with Ulala.  This tells me that this new branding is not only to give the company a fresh new look, but also hints at the focus on gaming in the future.  Will Sega develop games for VR use?  Will they make their own VR console? Only time will tell.  :)  I look forward to what Sega has in store.
Be like water.

Offline Berto

• Total Meseta: 22
Re: Amazing Sega VR games?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 02:33:01 am »
Will Sega develop games for VR use?

Yup. They already made this one so I'm sure they'll make it again if that one sell well.

Offline Shun-Di

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 03:57:14 pm »
I would so play that!
Be like water.

Offline Draikin

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2017, 05:10:16 pm »
Yup. They already made this one so I'm sure they'll make it again if that one sell well.
I'd be surprised if it even reached 10k copies. It was a missed opportunity by SEGA. In theory, a VR game featuring Hatsune Miku should be a system-seller for PS VR in Japan. But the end result was a game split in three parts, which recycled much of the assets from Project DIVA X and didn't have interesting or challenging gameplay. Project DIVA X's free VR mode is actually better.

So I'm not sure if SEGA will be releasing new VR games anytime soon, other than in arcades in Japan. Porting Panzer Dragoon Orta to PS4 and PS VR in the same way as Rez Infinite would be a smart move, but I'm not sure if SEGA sees the opportunity. Although Yukio Futatsugi has shown interest in using VR, and the Space Channel 5 VR "Ukiuki Viewing Show" is actually being handled by Grounding Inc. (which he co-founded). They developed Crimson Dragon, which was unfortunately messed up by Microsoft (it's inexcusable how they butchered Saori Kobayashi's original soundtrack for that game). So who knows, with Grounding Inc. already working on a VR game for a Sega-owned IP, just maybe a VR Panzer Dragoon isn't entirely out of the question. Still seems unlikely though.

Alternatively, Virtua Cop and House of the Dead VR games would have plenty of potential as well, given that Sony just released a new VR Aim gun controller for Farpoint.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 09:29:13 pm »
Does anyone know if I need internet connection to use a VR headset for my PS4?

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2017, 09:10:14 am »
I'm sure you can still use it, but certain features will be unavailable. Do you live in a rural area of something?

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2017, 10:43:32 am »
I hope Sega don't go down the route of VR exclusives personally. I'm fine with VR being a thing, but making exclusives for it is a big no for me. Not only would it segregate more money and titles to an exclusive platform, but it would also stop people from being able to play their games due to many being unable to play VR or only in short bursts.

Think Capcom had the right idea with Resident Evil 7.

Offline Spock

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2017, 04:44:59 pm »
I'm sure you can still use it, but certain features will be unavailable. Do you live in a rural area of something?
Yes. Very rural. It's in the woods, inside of a suburb. Which VR features will I miss out on?

Offline pcm92

• Total Meseta: 3
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 06:18:41 pm »
For the most part, you just can't play it with more than one player. Other than that, it might respond slow if you don't ever update your PS4. Why don't you just use a mobile hotspot from your smartphone?