Author Topic: A new Yakuza's trademark has popped up !!!  (Read 9557 times)

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
A new Yakuza's trademark has popped up !!!
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:08:36 pm »
I found it in the databases of the European trademark office, and this is:

Video game software; video game programs; computer game programs; computer game software; video game discs and cartridges; computer game discs and cartridges; game programs for mobile phones; downloadable computer game programs; downloadable video game programs.

Providing on-line games; providing information regarding providing on-line games; providing on-line graphics, moving images, images by computer networks or mobile phones.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
Re: A new Yakuza's trademark has popped up !!!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:26:16 pm »
Sounds like Of The End localization

Offline Suzuki Yu

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 01:49:06 pm »
^^
Yeah, clearly

Offline SOUP

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »
XD

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 02:41:57 pm »
Demon Souls, Dark Souls and now Dead Souls.

Offline Centrale

• Total Meseta: 61
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 01:37:04 pm »
This is great news!  I would expect it to come out around March like the other titles in the series... and perhaps for the West, it'll fill the gap for an eventual near-simultaneous launch of the next main game in the series.

Looks like I'll end up having to import Kenzan though.  I think from a business standpoint, it makes more sense to localize this one than Kenzan, but I really want to dig that historic atmosphere too. 

Anyhow, I'm glad and kind of amazed that a series I like is actually doing well enough to continue.

Offline Sega Uranus

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Thank You For Playing ECCO ECCO ECCO
    • The SEGA Source
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 01:55:25 pm »
Kenzan does not have any trophy support, so unless SEGA were to make some themselves for a game with little appeal outside of Japan (unlikely), Sony will not allow them to release the game.

They could bundle Kenzan with Yakuza: Dead Souls outside of Japan, but that also makes little sense. Either way, the game is around 30 USD to import new and I hear from numerous people that it is the worst in the series, so not that big of a deal.

But yeah, this is pretty awesome news! I really wanted this game, but I thought the original controls would scare far too many people away, but with the recent announcement of them changing the controls "If it were to come" I could not be happier! Well, if they added online co-op I would probably be happier, but I am not sure my heart could take that.

Maaaaaaaaaan, SEGA has such a brilliant upcoming lineup. I can barely get over Sonic Generations looking playable, let alone good (outside of some silly design choices, I guess). Outside of maybe ANARCHY REIGNS, I would say their upcoming games are better than most of the Dreamcast's life even. I am psyched!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:57:20 pm »
I think they make a modest profit by keeping the print runs a bit lower, and not expecting it to be a huge blockbuster over here.

Offline Centrale

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 01:27:57 pm »
That's good management of the series for the West.  I'll be interested to see if Dead Souls brings in any new players, or if it is going to match the Japanese pattern of the spin-offs selling less.

Looks like we can say at this point that Sega's strategy of bringing over Y3 with certain parts left out to save money has been vindicated.  It was like a hail mary pass that revived the series for the West, and now it can continue with reasonable expectations rather than the expectation they had with Y1 that it would be a huge blockbuster.

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 01:29:39 pm »
What's that SEGA is teasing on Facebook? I assume it's this, right? Would make sense to announce it around the halloween season. :)

Offline SOUP

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm pretty confident that they'll announce it for a release in March.

Offline Deefy

• Total Meseta: 6
  • SupporterOfSEGA & F.C.Internazionale
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 09:36:30 pm »
They could bundle Kenzan with Yakuza: Dead Souls outside of Japan, but that also makes little sense. Either way, the game is around 30 USD to import new and I hear from numerous people that it is the worst in the series, so not that big of a deal.

I bought Kenzan the day-one, imported from Japan, and also not knowing the language of Jap., personally I consider this perhaps the title of the series that I like the most.
SEGA STYLE

Offline Centrale

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 06:11:39 pm »
I've heard some other people say it's their favorite, too.  I think thepatrick has a walkthrough for it, so that's probably how I'll take it on.

I guess a Japanese re-release would make sense; otherwise why announce the Western release in Japan?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:13:50 pm by Centrale »

Offline Aki-at

• The Dragon
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 06:25:12 pm »
Personally found Kenzan to be lacking compared to almost every other title in the series in the mainline, with the exception of Yakuza 1 (But thats due to how its aged really) its not a bad game per se, but the other titles in the series outshine it, both in plot and action.

Offline Suzuki Yu

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 09:20:10 pm »
^^
i can agree with that.