Author Topic: I made this.  (Read 86968 times)

Offline Happy Cat

• Total Meseta: 48
Re: I made this.
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2013, 11:50:46 am »
tried drawing Takashi Iizuka again

not perfect by any means, but I'm happy with the outcome, I think it's an improvement in ways, although I think I did the hair worse this time! Spent about the same amount of time I spent on the drawing yesterday.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2013, 03:58:40 pm »
Yuji Naka, although i dont really think it looks like him haha

time spent? way too much, i had to keep erasing things again, maybe im too worried about being perfect, but i felt it looked bad if i didn't erase it. I started it earlier today and rage quit, came back to it about an hour or so ago and raged again, but I'm happy enough with it to consider it my drawing of the day.

maybe I need to draw bigger, right now I'm basically drawing in the middle of my 9x12 skechbook not using the whole paper.

I'm thinking for tomorrow maybe I should try drawing form of the face, shadows and stuff, rather then worrying about detail like eyes. Just to change things up, and increase my understanding.

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2013, 04:20:51 pm »
i think that looks pretty good for something that long ago

you already got eyes down better then i do, i don't know why they give me such trouble.
You have to let your hands sorta go. Let them sketch. You dont have to make perfect lines, just sketch the eyes and keep sketching till they look good. Don't be afraid of making mistakes.

The way I learned to draw was this simple little technique because, when you sketch you dont really need an eraser because sketching is like repeating lines(also the faulty ones) over and over again, and make all those lines create a nice little effect where it becomes a whole. Ofcourse you will have to use an eraser if you made a big mistake.

But this is just very basic advice. Hope I dont come off as a smartass :P, those iizuka and yuji naka drawings are really a big step forward cuz i've been following your stuff. You've really improved.

Anyway, some stuff I've drawn on miiverse XD:

« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 04:24:39 pm by CrazyTails »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »
You have to let your hands sorta go. Let them sketch. You dont have to make perfect lines, just sketch the eyes and keep sketching till they look good. Don't be afraid of making mistakes.

The way I learned to draw was this simple little technique because, when you sketch you dont really need an eraser because sketching is like repeating lines(also the faulty ones) over and over again, and make all those lines create a nice little effect where it becomes a whole. Ofcourse you will have to use an eraser if you made a big mistake.

But this is just very basic advice. Hope I dont come off as a smartass :P, those iizuka and yuji naka drawings are really a big step forward cuz i've been following your stuff. You've really improved.

Anyway, some stuff I've drawn on miiverse XD:

Thanks for the comment :) It's always nice to hear something like that. I took a life-drawing class over the last 3 months or so and I feel it's definitely helped me improve. I can draw pretty decent figures, I just need to get better at the detail, i'd also like to get better at gesture drawing, that stuff trips me up sometimes.

As for your tip on sketching, I'll have to try that. Got nothing to loose.

I like the drawings you made, they look nice :)

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2013, 06:00:41 pm »
Thanks and you're welcome. I'm not a pro or anything so i'm sure if there'd be a pro among is, I may be pointed out for mistakes. I'm just sharing my experience is all.

Reading back I think I made some grammatical errors. Just for clarification, When you sketch and some of the lines don't match the way you've intended, you try to correct it simply by sketching over them. Eyes are tough to get aligned naturally, especially when the head isn't looking straight which the iizuka and yuji naka drawings demonstrate well. When sketching it helps because u can keep analyzing and correcting with the next line over the previous one. It's also good if you use the pencil very loosely untill you are sure drawing a "definite" line over them.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #155 on: June 03, 2013, 12:49:08 pm »
So i took your advice crazytails, and and decided to concentrate less on drawing the lines accurately and more so on portraying what is being shown accurately. did that line thing you said to do, it helped on the eyes a lot, although I think I made the eyes too big after looking at it on the computer, but they looked good on paper.

I also drew bigger, which helped a lot

DSP "the king of hate" drawing

Offline CrazyT

« Reply #156 on: June 03, 2013, 03:36:32 pm »

Haha nice! The face for some reason instantly reminded me of delin from shenmue lol.

I could swear You are really improving there shadi. The eyes look a lot more natural than the iizuka drawing. The thing with sketching is that it lets you repeat/practice a lot within a small timeframe, hence improves your skill faster and more efficiently. At some point your hands will naturally make better lines. In general The eyes are actually good. But perhaps not how u wanted them to be like DSP's :P

Offline pirovash88

• Total Meseta: 27
« Reply #157 on: June 04, 2013, 12:09:52 pm »
i think that looks pretty good for something that long ago

you already got eyes down better then i do, i don't know why they give me such trouble.

Thanks dude, i quite drawing years ago. Hands are way too effed up to continue to draw. Working at a desk all day doesn't help me either.
Gamertag: Pirovash88 Twitch.TV/Pirovash88

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #158 on: June 04, 2013, 11:09:47 pm »
Wasn't a very good drawing day for me today, did a crappy iizuka face and some crappy Sonic sketches, maybe I'll take pics of them tomorrow. Don't feel like it right now.

but.. i know from experience that you aren't always going to be happy with what you make, i've learned that all too well from my life drawing class and you just gotta deal with those days, but they still put me in a bad mood.

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #159 on: June 05, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »
copied my post over from the neogaf daily draw thread

been really busy with stuff today, so didn't have much time to draw something, but i still wanted to do something, even if it was really simple

wisps.. haha. time: under 10 minutes

Yesterday's drawing:

I was put in a bad mood by these yesterday so i never took a picture, just didn't feel like it, so I'm posting them today

face drawing: about a half hour
http://i.imgur.com/bOppt49.jpg

random sonic heads:
http://i.imgur.com/3oZksZ3.jpg

Offline Barry the Nomad

• Total Meseta: 713
  • Let's Post!
    • SEGAbits
« Reply #160 on: June 25, 2013, 08:55:45 am »

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #161 on: July 27, 2013, 07:10:36 pm »
chu chu i built from scratch. want to build it in my survial world, but i had no idea where to start in terms of building, never built anything like that in 3D before (or 2D for that matter)

going to be fun / painful building this in survival mode, was hard enough in creative mode, heh xD

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #162 on: July 27, 2013, 10:29:07 pm »
Can I go into your world and make secret penis drawings?

Offline Sharky

• Total Meseta: 44
« Reply #163 on: July 28, 2013, 10:19:15 am »
Can I go into your world and make secret penis drawings?

I don't have mine craft, but you can come into my world and do that, anytime!
Made by SEGA

Offline Happy Cat

« Reply #164 on: July 28, 2013, 11:32:39 am »
haha... just imagine if sharky got minecraft, secret private parts everywhere