Author Topic: Crazy Tails' Shinobi 3DS impressions. (See post 13)  (Read 8085 times)

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
Re: Crazy Tails' Shinobi 3DS impressions. (See post 13)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2012, 11:36:42 am »
Thanks guys. I think my enthusiasm probably comes from my low expectations. Imo gryptonite deserves alot of credit for this one.

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 09:48:33 pm »
I gotta say that I am very surprised with the 3DS. I expected it to be "okay" but I think it's better than alot of people think. I initially bought it for a view games I was looking forward to (mainly resident evil revelations, but i'll get back to that in a minute). The interface and menu's are excellent. It's got that nintendo wii flavor but not so dull and very playable and interactive.

This, lol. The 3DS is an amazing system that you really have to own to "get" why it's so great. The sense of community too is a lot of fun. I thought "Street Pass" was stupid at first but when I went somewhere and brought the 3DS with me and saw all the new Miis in my Mii Plaza, I became hooked.

Resident Evil: Revelations is amazing so far, by the way. Really amazing looking and sounding game.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 11:13:14 am »
I think the game is a nice homage to SHINOBI's genesis series but it isn't a progression of the series which is part of the problem the whole series has had since the saturn version. Other than that I wish Sega did give it a bit more marketing than they did, because the 3Ds is a perfect fit for other classic genesis games/franchises to be updated without comprimising the style of gameplay/presentation that made them more appealing in the first place.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 11:15:29 am by ROJM »

Offline CrazyT

• Total Meseta: 100
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2012, 01:26:46 am »
@nSEGA
Do people actually use streetPass over there? I wonder if people do here lol. Sadly the 3ds croud here is a bit lame i think.

@ROJM After playing it for a lomger time, i can see where you are coming from. Hope its a first step. Gryptonite at least proved to be understanding thE franchise, sadly they have been bought by some mobile games publisher

Offline Ben

• Total Meseta: 1
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 02:08:03 pm »
@nSEGA
Do people actually use streetPass over there? I wonder if people do here lol. Sadly the 3ds croud here is a bit lame i think.

Well all you have to do for Streetpass is carry your 3DS around. When you're in the same area with someone else with a 3DS your Miis meet and then the other Mii gets to chill in your Mii Plaza, and you develop quite a collection.

If you ever are going to a busy place (like a train station or something) try carrying your 3DS with you, lol. It's surprisingly addictive.

Offline Chaosmaster8753

• Total Meseta: 4
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 02:22:20 pm »
Conventions are a good place to go for StreetPassing.

Offline ROJM

• Total Meseta: 31
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »
@nSEGA

@ROJM After playing it for a lomger time, i can see where you are coming from. Hope its a first step. Gryptonite at least proved to be understanding thE franchise, sadly they have been bought by some mobile games publisher

Oh don't get me wrong,this is a very good step in the right direction. If Overworks and oba san can't make a SHINOBI game then this is where it should go to in order to make the franchise/series steady. To people who in your words understand the series/franchise Sega has created. But i'd expect any real progression should bee made by SOJ. They did a perfect job when you consider what happened to GAXE by secret level(and i am fond of that game) The love for SHINOBI and Sega itself is clear to see all over the game from its presentation and style. I woud recommend people try out Griphtonite's CAPTAIN AMERICA NDS game as well.