Author Topic: New expansion for TW: Attila  (Read 4258 times)

Offline Mariano

• Total Meseta: 8
  • Segarion
    • Funnoticias
New expansion for TW: Attila
« on: June 09, 2015, 06:02:06 pm »

Offline JRcade19

• Total Meseta: 6
Re: New expansion for TW: Attila
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 07:25:32 pm »
Considering that Expansion packs are usually as good or more often not better than the main games I have little issue.

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 07:20:47 am »
Huh, interesting. I thought Attila was meant to be a standalone expansion for Rome II already? I guess this is like Alexander expansion for Rome/BI. Sounds very focused and like a different take on things.

Offline Pao

• Total Meseta: 7
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 07:55:54 am »
This is a campaign pack, not an expansion... I guess it's an expansion if you want to get technical, but for TW fans, expansions usually mean a big overhaul like Barbarian Invasion or The Rise of the Samurai.

Rome 2 had a bunch of these Campaign Packs.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 08:41:35 am »
This is a campaign pack, not an expansion... I guess it's an expansion if you want to get technical, but for TW fans, expansions usually mean a big overhaul like Barbarian Invasion or The Rise of the Samurai.

Rome 2 had a bunch of these Campaign Packs.

Barbarian invasion and rise of the samurai where also campaing packs if you wanna to get specific. The only true expansion pack the series have i think it is "The FALL of the samurai", because you can have that without having to own the core game, unlike the 90% of the others "expansions".
Also the "for total war fans" doesnt exist...the fact that you are a fan of something doesnt mean you can say what is an expansion pack or what is not, it really depend of what the developer say or try to sell you...is just a name in the end...

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 09:07:07 am »
Barbarian invasion and rise of the samurai where also campaing packs if you wanna to get specific. The only true expansion pack the series have i think it is "The FALL of the samurai", because you can have that without having to own the core game, unlike the 90% of the others "expansions".
Also the "for total war fans" doesnt exist...the fact that you are a fan of something doesnt mean you can say what is an expansion pack or what is not, it really depend of what the developer say or try to sell you...is just a name in the end...

??

Barbarian Invasion was definitely an expansion. It was a complete overhaul of the game with all new factions, mechanics and era.

I think this might just be a confusion of terms, Expansion packs don't necessarily have to be stand-alones as well, in fact they traditionally require the base game.

Offline Mariano

• Segarion
    • Funnoticias
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 09:26:04 am »
??

Barbarian Invasion was definitely an expansion. It was a complete overhaul of the game with all new factions, mechanics and era.

I think this might just be a confusion of terms, Expansion packs don't necessarily have to be stand-alones as well, in fact they traditionally require the base game.

Again, the developers say what is an expansion and what is not, it depend of what they are trying to sell you and HOW they are trying to sell it to you, but in the end i think we can be here talking all day of what is an expansion or what is not but is it easy to call it wharever you want, is not important really, like i say is just a name, the only important thing is that if the content is enough for you to buy it.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 09:58:16 am »

Again, the developers say what is an expansion and what is not, it depend of what they are trying to sell you and HOW they are trying to sell it to you, but in the end i think we can be here talking all day of what is an expansion or what is not but is it easy to call it wharever you want, is not important really, like i say is just a name, the only important thing is that if the content is enough for you to buy it.

I agree, expansion pack is a very loose term, especially since entering the digital age. You can probably call all DLC 'expansion packs' really.

I'm generally wary of Total War's content packs recently, but I do like focused campaign additions. If I get Attila somewhere down the line I'll look into it. Although perhaps there will be a 'Gold' edition of the game as well.