Author Topic: What are you playing, stupid?  (Read 717247 times)

Offline SOUP

• Total Meseta: 4
Re: What are you playing, stupid?
« Reply #2430 on: March 23, 2015, 11:16:52 am »
I'm still playing Hotline Miami 2, it's still really great. Had the prison break, and just finished the nightclub level which was really tough.

Sounds like you're pretty close to the end.

I'm working my way through Wily's Castle in Mega Man 5 during breaks from Child of Light. I'm hoping to beat both of them this week. Then I'll finally take another crack at Zack & Wiki, after leaving it on the shelf for a good 6 years.

Offline Old_School

• Total Meseta: 0
« Reply #2431 on: March 24, 2015, 12:51:26 pm »
I'm playing Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny on the PS3 and having a blast. It rekindled my interest in the series, so it's too bad that the developer has already gone bankrupt.

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2432 on: March 25, 2015, 08:36:12 am »
I put a bit more time into Child of Light, but starting up the Jurassic Park game from Telltale's bumped Zack and Wiki for now.
I'm enjoying it so far.
The reviews were pretty harsh, but Jurassic Park is one of my favourite movies, so I'm really digging the story of other people on the island at the time of the incident. It's just packed with little nods to fans of the first film.

Offline Tad

• Total Meseta: 6
« Reply #2433 on: March 26, 2015, 03:55:06 pm »
Replaying Broken Sword: The Serpents Curse.

Damn! This game looks gorgeous! The mix of 2D backgrounds and 3D models works really well and fits the Broken Sword universe.

3raser

« Reply #2434 on: March 27, 2015, 06:04:57 pm »
Anyone remember Dark Alliance? I started playing that game. I was only wishing I was playing one of The Elder Scrolls games.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2435 on: March 27, 2015, 08:42:10 pm »
I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS FUCKING GAME

FIFA WORLD

HOLY.
FUCKING.
SHIT.

YES IM MAD.
This fucking game drives me up the FUCKING WALLS. The most inhumane gameplay ever conceived by the human race! You don't get to win in this game.

CONTEXT
FIFA has the Ultimate Team mode. This mode is very popular because it allows you to create your own team and compete against other players. This is an online mode in regular annual FIFA entries.

FIFA World is a F2P game based on this mode. Problem is, it's a subtle cash grab. The engine is HEAVILY modified from regular FIFA, and games are for the most part completely scripted.
I CANT BEGIN TO COUNT the amount of times I completely destroy my opponents' defence, only for his GK save EVERYTHING, and my strikers miss everything. In a regular game you can send 3 balls to the post with an empty net, only for your opponent smash a power shot from 40 yards away on the 89th minute.
ITS SCRIPTED.
You feel it too. I actually tested this with a friend YOU CAN CALCULATE WHEN YOU WILL SUFFER A GOAL. And it's invariable. To the point that the game will force a penalty with a player controlled by the CPU, only for you to lose and inferior players continue to play the game and deposit cash in exchange for player packs.

I'm pretty sick at FIFA. I play it for years and years, I've done awesomely in the regular FIFA's UT modes since 09. In regular gameplay there is no fucking way a noob will win 3-0 against me, me having 14 shots on goal and him TWO (yes, how the FUCK does this even happen)

So after more than 130 logged hours (and money thrown into it, only about 5euro but still), and gotten into Division 1 on both UT and League Teams, I've unninstalled this piece of shit turd faggot ass motherfucker shit.

I'll GLADLY pay 70 bucks for regular FIFA when the new one comes out. I don't need this bad vibes in my life.

Do NOT play this game. I assure you, it will drive you insane.
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Total Meseta: 1327
  • Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2436 on: March 30, 2015, 08:56:41 am »
FIFA World is a F2P game based on this mode. Problem is, it's a subtle cash grab.

No fucking shit. F2P games are 99.99% Skinner Boxes. Avoid like the plague IMO.

Also, I finished Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number.
Fantastic fucking game. I loved all of it. Can't say if it's better than the sequel or not, but it's outstanding.
The last level, holy shit. GOTTA GET A GRIP.

Offline George

• Total Meseta: 668
    • http://www.segabits.com/
« Reply #2437 on: March 30, 2015, 11:45:37 am »
I need to play Hotline Miami 2. I really enjoyed the first game.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2438 on: March 30, 2015, 11:49:03 am »
I need to play Hotline Miami 2. I really enjoyed the first game.
Definitely pick it up. It's a great game, but doesn't replace the first if that makes sense. It's a sequel that's different enough you can still go back and play the first and it's just as good.

Offline crackdude

• Total Meseta: 64
  • Nintendo Bling
« Reply #2439 on: March 30, 2015, 01:50:26 pm »
Is it GTA 2 on drugs?
SEG4GES

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2440 on: March 30, 2015, 01:54:08 pm »
Is it GTA 2 on drugs?

Not...really.

It's top down and violent, but that's where the similarities end.
I'm not sure what the closest equivalent would be to be honest. It's fast paced tactical action.

Offline max_cady

• Total Meseta: 14
« Reply #2441 on: March 30, 2015, 07:03:25 pm »
And I just finished Sniper Elite 3. It is a very short game (only 5 stages total) and your main protagonist has next to no personality, which is both comical and charming. The open world enviroment and the slo-mo kills are the reasons you should play this game. It's a ton of fun, sneaking around, taking a multitude of different routes and options. There always different ways to do the same thing which makes SNipe Elite III fun and rewarding.

I highly recommend this game!

Offline SOUP

« Reply #2442 on: March 31, 2015, 08:52:44 am »
Is it GTA 2 on drugs?

It probably has more in common with a puzzle game or Super Meat Boy than GTA.

It's all about figuring out how to clear enemies out of areas. The catch being that you die very easily, and will die quite often, until you can figure out the best path to take through the level.
Like Super Meat Boy, you could spend an hour doing quick re-tries on a level, but a proper run through could take less than a minute.

Offline Nathan Dunsmore

• Total Meseta: 2
« Reply #2443 on: March 31, 2015, 05:39:39 pm »
007 Nightfire for the Gamecube. The World is Not Enough (N64) is one of the very few FPSs I've finished and I"m really enjoying the variety this game offers so far.

Offline MadeManG74

• Hot, Wild Vision
« Reply #2444 on: April 01, 2015, 07:05:09 am »
Sonic Generations. Feels like so much wasted potential.

Also I'm skipping all the cutscenes.