Author Topic: PS3 YLOD fix for low price  (Read 3561 times)

Offline Kori-Maru

• Total Meseta: 9
  • AMS Kagekidan sanjou-desu!
    • The Website of the Dead
PS3 YLOD fix for low price
« on: November 01, 2012, 03:12:58 pm »
Does anyone know where I can ship my PS3 to get it fixed for a low price without any data loss? I heard that Sony can fix it but you might lose data and I don't want that to happen since I have games like HotD, Sakura Wars, and Dynamite Deka saved in the HDD.

Planning to get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed so I can race with some folks who don't have a 360.

www.thewebsiteofthedead.com ~ The House of the Dead Unofficial fan site

Offline semmie

• Banned
Re: PS3 YLOD fix for low price
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:30:43 pm »
Does anyone know where I can ship my PS3 to get it fixed for a low price without any data loss? I heard that Sony can fix it but you might lose data and I don't want that to happen since I have games like HotD, Sakura Wars, and Dynamite Deka saved in the HDD.

Planning to get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed so I can race with some folks who don't have a 360.

i can help u with a cheap fix that will work permanently. but i have to tell ull have to live with hard noise for the rest of ur life. what i did is let it heat so bad that the ylod goes away. after that i left it off untill i ordered this ez fan speed controller. once u attach the fan speed controller put it at least on 70 prcnt speed so that the airflow keeps going(this prevents the melting of the welding pieces inside that are the reason for havin an ylod

you can buy this item at

http://killerbug.net/PS3FanTechInfo.html

the best one is the one you just attach and with a panel. ok you have to make a small hole in the ps3 but thats it.

this is the only permanent solution. all others are for a limited time
dont do the re ironing. its expensive and after a year ylods back
dont heat wave it. yeah it works but the motherboard get thinner and thinner by doing so.

1basically make it overheat so that ylod goes away
2immediately install the fan speed controller
3make a whole for the panel
4always keep 70 prcnt or higher speed(is hard noise but ps3 keeps living)
5never ever be tempted to put lower speed

do what u wanna but this is the best you can do if u love your first model so much.
and anything else buy a new ps3

ps3 overheating tuts can be found on utube. i use a towel surround it with towels
others put it in a isolated box. see whats best
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:32:44 pm by semmie »